ForeverAndEver

Jamie Walker.

1,242 posts in this topic

Ann won't budge. She needs the stand finished and she's determined Rangers are paying for it 

1 person likes this

17 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Ann won't budge. She needs the stand finished and she's determined Rangers are paying for it 

Correct.  £5m for a new stand when their club is still in a CVA and being kept afloat by a mass direct debit supporter scheme.  They haven't even sold out their season ticket allocaton the last I heard.  Really poor management of them it has to be said.  Will be funnier when we take Walker for free in a few months and they get nothing :digging:

2 people like this

23 minutes ago, kanjo said:

Correct.  £5m for a new stand when their club is still in a CVA and being kept afloat by a mass direct debit supporter scheme.  They haven't even sold out their season ticket allocaton the last I heard.  Really poor management of them it has to be said.  Will be funnier when we take Walker for free in a few months and they get nothing :digging:

I passed through Gorgie the other week and you wouldn't even think a new stand was being built at the stadium, no cunt was working and this was a Thursday morning 

3 hours ago, Alves70 said:

Amazing that Hearts can run up debts of over £30m then escape from it free of consequence from the footballing authorities and 2 years down the line start building a stand when they clearly don't have the money to pay for it.

And the worst part is they are still continuing to sign players and add to the wage bill while the SPFL sits around and does nothing.

Until they can pay for that stand The SPFL should be telling them to sell as many players as they can including Walker.

All we've heard over the last ten days is how terrible it is to sign players you can't afford? But only if it's one club Apparently.

I've got no ill will towards Killie but if a club is to be self sustainable without major shareholders then what about Kilmarnock signing Broadfoot to a 3 year deal? How are they affording players like Boyd, Broadfoot, Burke Smith and MacDonald? How many clubs in European football are run without reliance on investment from shareholders? 

1 person likes this

Hearts offering him another new deal according to the sun

HEARTS will offer Jamie Walker a bumper deal in a bid to keep him away from Rangers’ clutches.

SunSport first revealed yesterday that the Ibrox side will launch a final attempt to land the Jambos midfielder.

15 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Hearts offering him another new deal according to the sun

HEARTS will offer Jamie Walker a bumper deal in a bid to keep him away from Rangers’ clutches.

SunSport first revealed yesterday that the Ibrox side will launch a final attempt to land the Jambos midfielder.

Maybe if he rejects a new deal it will spur them to sell? 

14 minutes ago, AdzKyle said:

They need the money so they wont have a choice 

Hearts have offered Walker a deal that would make him the highest paid player at the club.  They obviously want to keep him and are not going to let him go without a fight.  There's no way we're getting him on the cheap.

15 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Hearts have offered Walker a deal that would make him the highest paid player at the club.  They obviously want to keep him and are not going to let him go without a fight.  There's no way we're getting him on the cheap.

I read it the other way - they offer him a bigger deal but he refuses. Alas, they have to sell etc etc.

If an English club came in, and offered the same money as we've offered, he'd no longer be a Hearts player. I don't really blame them either, they don't want to sell him to us, making them weak, and us stronger, while we're both in the same league. They regard us as rivals, and we regard them as another 3 points for us...😀😀😁

1 person likes this

He was offered to become their highest paid player weeks ago and knocked it back, highly doubtful he's going to have a sudden change of heart. He'll be a Rangers player soon enough. 

3 people like this

8 hours ago, AdzKyle said:

I suspect that's what Hearts are up to.

Offer him a new deal he turns it down then they transfer list/sell him.

I see hearts are drumming up the bidding war, sending out their own players to talk Walker up 😂😂

Hopefully we get this over the line this week. He is mckay-esque but his runs are acrually productive. 

Could see his best years in royal blue

Boards going to have to stump up the cash. The boys not going to knock back anew deal to sit about for a year waiting on us to sign him for free.

3 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

Boards going to have to stump up the cash. The boys not going to knock back anew deal to sit about for a year waiting on us to sign him for free.

He already knocked back a new deal tbf

5 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

He's knocked back a new deal already, and Hearts can't flog him to another team as he's made it known he wants to play for us. If we want him but can't agree a fee with Hearts, we'll offer him a pre-contract agreement on 1st December. 

Let's give up on this cunt and sign someone else.

They are going to drag their heels over it while we need a winger asap.  Not that convinced by him, there surely must be a better loan deal out there from an EPL side.

4 minutes ago, gazza87 said:

They are going to drag their heels over it while we need a winger asap.  Not that convinced by him, there surely must be a better loan deal out there from an EPL side.

Fan from Edinburgh with low post count wanting Rangers to give up on signing Hearts best player?

I'm no suspicious...nope, not at all.  :lol:

41 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

He already knocked back a new deal tbf

I'm sure I remember reading it was only a few £ that they offered on his new deal and I highly doubt they'll be offering him higher wages than they're paying Lafferty. 

1 minute ago, rfc1990 said:

I'm sure I remember reading it was only a few £ that they offered on his new deal and I highly doubt they'll be offering him higher wages than they're paying Lafferty. 

they offered him enough to make him the highest earner at the club apparently. Lafferty wont be on as much as you think

How are Hearts going to be able to pay Walker if he were to accept this new 'bumper' deal? They'll have to have a whole herd of money cows lined up.

This move is purely to show they tried to keep him and to keep his price high. Unfortunately for us, if we want him we'll have to cough up what they want.

24 minutes ago, gazza87 said:

Such as? Patrick Roberts had some first team experience at Fulham before Manchester City signed him, but he was also highly rated before being loaned to Celtic; he's the exception rather than the norm. Who should we be trying to get on loan from an English side and why would they be a better option than Walker, or one of our own youngsters like Thompson (who we also got from Manchester United)?