ForeverAndEver

Jamie Walker.

1,242 posts in this topic

was told that Pedro ratified the deal on Friday & spoke with Andrew Dickson & SR in a bid to have it pushed over the line 

Allegedly Walker has told Hearts he's not interested in a new deal whilst our interest is alive as he's desperate to move to us 

We are actively speaking with Hearts as of this morning to try & come to an agreement 

I suspect the only stumbling block will be our need to meet the fee but I'm told Pedro is pushing for it to be done in time for Marseille 

Is it definite? Nothing's ever certain but I'm confident it will happen & as confident as my previous 5 

However all depends on us

From a poster on FF who's been pretty spot on with our signings. 

Right, get this done Rangers!

1 hour ago, Aubie92 said:

Such as? Patrick Roberts had some first team experience at Fulham before Manchester City signed him, but he was also highly rated before being loaned to Celtic; he's the exception rather than the norm. Who should we be trying to get on loan from an English side and why would they be a better option than Walker, or one of our own youngsters like Thompson (who we also got from Manchester United)? 

Oduwa.

2 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Oduwa.

Not sure we could tempt him away from the third best team in Slovenia, to be honest. 

The problem we're facing in the loan market is that the type of player that can come in and immediately improve us, with a degree of certainty, can get a better loan club than us.

Would anyone take Hyndman back on loan?

Would be very happy to get Walker in, we could do with creativity and he is a goal threat too. Pena likewise bursting from midfield and I'm hopeful Morelos will be the poacher we need. All ably backed up by proper men in Alves, Herrera and Dorrans. We look on paper like an aggressive and direct team, I hope Pedro can get that to translate onto the pitch. 

3 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

He is potentially good enough but we have no space for him now. Middle of the pitch is looking strong again 

6 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

He never fit Caixinha's play style so naw, but he has big talent and will be a great player for Bournemouth 

9 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

He never fit Caixinha's play style so naw, but he has big talent and will be a great player for Bournemouth 

Tidy wee player but he won't get in the team a Bournemouth unless they go down which is unlikely, they're throwing funny money about just now.

18 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

The problem we're facing in the loan market is that the type of player that can come in and immediately improve us, with a degree of certainty, can get a better loan club than us.

Not entirely true, they may play in a better league but that may not provide the loanee with the experience of unrelistic expectations, playing in front of huge crowds...regularly, bulking up physically, the media scrutiny etc.

So I can see why top 5 epl sides may see us as a good option for their fringe players.

10 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Tidy wee player but he won't get in the team a Bournemouth unless they go down which is unlikely, they're throwing funny money about just now.

Not right now but in a couple of years he will imo, he's perfect for the type of football Eddie Howe plays

31 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

No,weak as water will end up in the championship and a journeyman

54 minutes ago, rfc1990 said:

was told that Pedro ratified the deal on Friday & spoke with Andrew Dickson & SR in a bid to have it pushed over the line 

Allegedly Walker has told Hearts he's not interested in a new deal whilst our interest is alive as he's desperate to move to us 

We are actively speaking with Hearts as of this morning to try & come to an agreement 

I suspect the only stumbling block will be our need to meet the fee but I'm told Pedro is pushing for it to be done in time for Marseille 

Is it definite? Nothing's ever certain but I'm confident it will happen & as confident as my previous 5 

However all depends on us

From a poster on FF who's been pretty spot on with our signings. 

Oh aye another ITK from FF.

Does Walker play on the left wing or will Candeias need to play there? As long as Dalcio isn't starting, I'd be happy with Walker and Candeias on either wing.

Would love this one to get completed by Saturday cracking player lol 

34 minutes ago, shaka said:

Does Walker play on the left wing or will Candeias need to play there? As long as Dalcio isn't starting, I'd be happy with Walker and Candeias on either wing.

I'm sure Walker floats about a bit, he's not consigned to the wing, he likes to cut inside and play. He's not a winger in the traditional sense IMO 

8 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I'm sure Walker floats about a bit, he's not consigned to the wing, he likes to cut inside and play. He's not a winger in the traditional sense IMO 

I like to call it The King Kenny role

Edited by Lloyd72

24 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Hopefully he can be effective from the left. I don't think Candeias can really do much from the left, since his game mainly involves getting crosses in as early as possible and he's predominantly right footed.

13 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I love Miller, one of my favourite Rangers players ever to be honest, even after his stint with the fenians, he's been unbelievable for us.

But for me, the King Kenny role should be on the bench, coming on with 10-15 mins left and poaching goals 

Certainly not out on the wing from the start like we did in those two games vs Progres

If we continued to play a 4-2-3-1, and Hyndman was the CAM, I'm certain he would score 10+ over the course of a season.  His quality was obvious when he first came here.  I think Pedro was forced to play him a bit deeper because we were badly lacking in that area.  Hyndman looked much better in a CAM role pushing in to the opposition box.

24 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Hopefully he'll be more like Naismith in terms of his playstyle.

10 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I love Miller, one of my favourite Rangers players ever to be honest, even after his stint with the fenians, he's been unbelievable for us.

But for me, the King Kenny role should be on the bench, coming on with 10-15 mins left and poaching goals 

Certainly not out on the wing from the start like we did in those two games vs Progres

I agree but the role he has been playing for the last 2 seasons is that roaming role that you described. I'd prefer he was on the bench too tbf

1 person likes this

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Hopefully he'll be more like Naismith in terms of his playstyle.

Depends what Naismith you're talking about tbf