ForeverAndEver

Jamie Walker.

1,242 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

I think in the end Hearts will sell Walker to us. They are just trying to get as much money as possible. You can't blame them for that, I could not see Aberdeen Hibs or Dundee Utd selling anyone to us 

Cringy as fuck that they'll probably get more for him than we would for any of our players.

1 minute ago, onefootwillie said:

I think in the end Hearts will sell Walker to us. They are just trying to get as much money as possible. You can't blame them for that, I could not see Aberdeen Hibs or Dundee Utd selling anyone to us 

I think Budge will sell players to us, but she'll look to get every penny out of it than she can, and perhaps future incentives. I don't think that's out of bitterness or any anti-Rangers sentiment though; she'll want to increase her side's revenue as much as she can. 

Hibs have already shown they'll spite themselves to prevent us getting one of their players, and I'd expect the teams you mentioned to continue to be queuing for Celtic cast-offs. So I wouldn't even attempt to sign and player from them, unless it's a free signing. (The likes of McInnes can get to fuck if he wants one of our players too.) 

2 people like this

27 minutes ago, BF1 said:

Cringy as fuck

That word makes me cringe.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, RFCRobertson said:

Cathro needs permission from Craig Levein to go to the toilet. 

Leven looks the type to refuse permission too. 

1 hour ago, RFCRobertson said:

Cathro needs permission from Craig Levein to go to the toilet. 

That was quite decent from you 

KEVIN KYLE reckons the chance to sign for boyhood heroes Rangers will prove too good to turn down for Jamie Walker as he considers life after Hearts.

The 24-year-old is poised to leave Tynecastle after turning down a deal to keep him at the club beyond the end of the campaign.

And Rangers have so far been rebuffed in their efforts to bring Walker to Ibrox this summer as part of Pedro Caixinha’s squad overhaul.

Hearts made Walker an offer that would have seen him become the highest paid player at the club as they attempted to persuade him to put pen-to-paper.

But former Jambos and Gers striker Kyle believes the winger’s desire to pull on the Light Blue jersey will be the main factor for Walker when he is weighing up his options.

He told SportTimes: “If Hearts got £1million for Jamie, with a year left on his contract, that would be a good bit of business.

“Hearts don’t want to lose him and they don’t want to lose him to a rival because they will feel they can challenge the likes of Rangers and Aberdeen this season.

“They are trying their best to hold onto him but it might not be about the money.

“I would imagine, knowing Rangers and Hearts, with Hearts not short of money and Rangers trying to rebuild, I don’t think it will come down to money.

“I think it will come down to the player’s desire to fulfil a boyhood dream. I don’t think he will be going to Rangers on any more than what Hearts are offering him so I don’t think it is about money.

“It is probably down to fulfilling a boyhood dream. Growing up in Scotland, nine times out of ten you support one of the Old Firm teams and if Jamie has an ambition to play for Rangers it is hard to deter him.

“I would love him to stay at Hearts but if he does decide to leave I would wish him all the best and hope that he fulfils the potential that he has shown.”

Kyle spent two years at Tynecastle before he joined Ally McCoist’s side ahead of their Third Division title winning campaign.

Walker has become a key member of the Jambos side since making his debut five years ago but is now seemingly set to quit the club this term.

Kyle said: “I would love to see him stay at Hearts, it is a good club that has produced some right good players over the years.

“But I know that he is a boyhood Rangers fan and he attends Rangers games when he gets the opportunity so I would presume it is a lifelong ambition for Jamie to play for Rangers. I am sure he will want that deal to happen and if it does then good luck to him.”

2 people like this

This one has deadline day 'undisclosed fee' written all over it

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

KEVIN KYLE reckons the chance to sign for boyhood heroes Rangers will prove too good to turn down for Jamie Walker as he considers life after Hearts.

The 24-year-old is poised to leave Tynecastle after turning down a deal to keep him at the club beyond the end of the campaign.

And Rangers have so far been rebuffed in their efforts to bring Walker to Ibrox this summer as part of Pedro Caixinha’s squad overhaul.

Hearts made Walker an offer that would have seen him become the highest paid player at the club as they attempted to persuade him to put pen-to-paper.

But former Jambos and Gers striker Kyle believes the winger’s desire to pull on the Light Blue jersey will be the main factor for Walker when he is weighing up his options.

He told SportTimes: “If Hearts got £1million for Jamie, with a year left on his contract, that would be a good bit of business.

“Hearts don’t want to lose him and they don’t want to lose him to a rival because they will feel they can challenge the likes of Rangers and Aberdeen this season.

“They are trying their best to hold onto him but it might not be about the money.

“I would imagine, knowing Rangers and Hearts, with Hearts not short of money and Rangers trying to rebuild, I don’t think it will come down to money.

“I think it will come down to the player’s desire to fulfil a boyhood dream. I don’t think he will be going to Rangers on any more than what Hearts are offering him so I don’t think it is about money.

“It is probably down to fulfilling a boyhood dream. Growing up in Scotland, nine times out of ten you support one of the Old Firm teams and if Jamie has an ambition to play for Rangers it is hard to deter him.

“I would love him to stay at Hearts but if he does decide to leave I would wish him all the best and hope that he fulfils the potential that he has shown.”

Kyle spent two years at Tynecastle before he joined Ally McCoist’s side ahead of their Third Division title winning campaign.

Walker has become a key member of the Jambos side since making his debut five years ago but is now seemingly set to quit the club this term.

Kyle said: “I would love to see him stay at Hearts, it is a good club that has produced some right good players over the years.

“But I know that he is a boyhood Rangers fan and he attends Rangers games when he gets the opportunity so I would presume it is a lifelong ambition for Jamie to play for Rangers. I am sure he will want that deal to happen and if it does then good luck to him.”

People dont quote kevin kyle enough on here 

1 person likes this

On 16/07/2017 at 0:03 PM, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

And? We should be aiming to maximise our income from every player sale.

Maybe it was not obvious enough I was having a dig at herts.

1 person likes this

Hearts will be wanting the money up front to pay off their shitey stand 

2 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Hearts will be wanting the money up front to pay off their shitey stand 

They need to pay Lafferty's wages too , now :lol:

2 people like this

7 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

I like to call it The King Kenny role

Banworthy.

18 minutes ago, Bears said:

Maybe it was not obvious enough I was having a dig at herts.

Too subtle for me.. 

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Banworthy.

Kenny is a Rangers legend mate and a true Rangers man

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Kenny is a Rangers legend mate and a true Rangers man

Kenny is, and always has been, a total mercenary. 

If Pedro didn't offer him that one year extension he'd be over at Hibs right now new best pals with "Lenny".

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Kenny is, and always has been, a total mercenary. 

If Pedro didn't offer him that one year extension he'd be over at Hibs right now new best pals with "Lenny".

What a crock of shit, kenny is and always will be a bear. He hates the taigs as much as anyone, never a mercenary I don't think he's ever made a move because of money in his career

1 hour ago, Lloyd72 said:

What a crock of shit, kenny is and always will be a bear. He hates the taigs as much as anyone, never a mercenary I don't think he's ever made a move because of money in his career

True...they were the only team he ever wanted to play for.

Just now, Big Al II said:

True...they were the only team he ever wanted to play for.

Aye we were mate, glad someone agrees with me.

2 hours ago, Ryju84 said:

People dont quote kevin kyle enough on here 

I like Kevin Kyle

2 hours ago, kris1984 said:

This. We'll get him but they won't want their fans to know that we didn't pay £1m

24 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Aye we were mate, glad someone agrees with me.

Can just about cope with him playing for them...if it was for the money.

Just now, Big Al II said:

Can just about cope with him playing for them...if it was for the money.

I commend Miller for his move to them, he obviously cares about Bridge Building as much as all of us, he wants to bring glasgow closer together just like Godgers

11 hours ago, kris1984 said:

If it reached deadline day. I wouldn't sign him. I would just wait till January. Sign him pre-contract and offer Hertz buttons.