54 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

:tu: Windass will come good! He's already twice the player he was and will only get better with games.

a bit of composure and we have a 10m plus player on our books ,

ie 50m dembelledollars 

9 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

a bit of composure and we have a 10m plus player on our books ,

ie 50m dembelledollars 

Easily! Be surprised if we didn't break the D$100m barrier!

7 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

We have Dalcio too. I know most have written him off after playing about an hour's worth of football but he's still an option. 

Full backs should be our priority at the moment IMO. 

I actually think we only need one full back,Wallace for me is not good enough but I think tav will have a good season with Bruno and cordoso next to him instead of kiernan and Wilson.

also having candeias in front of him who doesn't shy away from defensive duties and drops in when tav bombs on will help him out massively.

Get a left mid and left back signed and it will have been a good summer 

7 hours ago, quabba said:

wasn't just windass that let us down that night, the whole team was awful, he's certainly trying to make amends with the last couple of performances

If Windass is trying to make amends he'll need to do a lot more than 45mins against Motherwell and a good game against a Championship team.  He was embarrassing last season and rightly took dogs abuse for it along with all the other duds Warburton signed.  Against Progress it was Windass who failed to close his man down and prevent the cross coming in for the first goal.  It was also Windass who gave away a stupid free-kick that resulted in Progres's second goal and our Euro exit.

I know fans are fickle but this is next level stuff.  Windass has been shite for an entire year but two good games and he's now Rangers class.  We don't need Walker anymore and even if he does sign we should drop Miller since Windass is now a key player.  Fucking hell, man :lol:

35 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

I actually think we only need one full back,Wallace for me is not good enough but I think tav will have a good season with Bruno and cordoso next to him instead of kiernan and Wilson.

Tavernier might have a good season with Bruno and Cardoso next to him instead of Kiernan and Wilson?  It's a shame you won't extend this benefit of doubt to Wallace who may also benefit from the two new CBs.

Also, Walker could be much better from a defensive point of view than McKay and Windass. 

6 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Tavernier might have a good season with Bruno and Cardoso next to him instead of Kiernan and Wilson?  It's a shame you won't extend this benefit of doubt to Wallace who may also benefit from the two new CBs.

Also, Walker could be much better from a defensive point of view than McKay and Windass. 

A just feel Wallace isn't a good going forward as tav,pure and simple I think tav is a better player and more of a threat.the amount of times Wallace gets played on and doesn't find a rangers players is so annoying.

i haven't seen walker play loads but someone who got 15 goals and 10 assist or whatever he got isn't going to be someone who will be tracking back loads and loads.

1 hour ago, Laudrup1690 said:

also having candeias in front of him who doesn't shy away from defensive duties and drops in when tav bombs on will help him out massively.

Get a left mid and left back signed and it will have been a good summer 

I hope you're right about Tav. His ability going forward has never been in doubt but his lapses in concentration at the back at times has been a concern. Saturday is his first big test. 

34 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

If Windass is trying to make amends he'll need to do a lot more than 45mins against Motherwell and a good game against a Championship team.  He was embarrassing last season and rightly took dogs abuse for it along with all the other duds Warburton signed.  Against Progress it was Windass who failed to close his man down and prevent the cross coming in for the first goal.  It was also Windass who gave away a stupid free-kick that resulted in Progres's second goal and our Euro exit.

I know fans are fickle but this is next level stuff.  Windass has been shite for an entire year but two good games and he's now Rangers class.  We don't need Walker anymore and even if he does sign we should drop Miller since Windass is now a key player.  Fucking hell, man :lol:

It's nothing to do with fickle, there's just a lot of people on here don't have a fucking clue about anything. 

You, for example, were saying we should resign Jon Toral last night. 

1 minute ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

It's nothing to do with fickle, there's just a lot of people on here don't have a fucking clue about anything. 

He wasn't was he? He's mental 50% of the time he either speaks absolute sense or 50% baffling nonsense. 

One extreme or the other 

Windass form isn't the fans being fickle - rewind to this time last year when he signed he looked a good player so we've acknowledged he's got the talent there and potential 

there's parallels to Forrester both got talent but application levels were the issue but the difference is Windass looked to have knuckled down and Forrester didn't.

although it's still too early to get the wanking hands out for anyone at Rangers yet - it's a couple of games is all - as Pedro says it's 37 more finals which is the right attitude (even if the jury still out in him too)

people who you wanted gone and hated can easily earn stay of executions If they start performing - nothing fickle about that 

17 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

A just feel Wallace isn't a good going forward as tav,pure and simple I think tav is a better player and more of a threat.the amount of times Wallace gets played on and doesn't find a rangers players is so annoying.

i haven't seen walker play loads but someone who got 15 goals and 10 assist or whatever he got isn't going to be someone who will be tracking back loads and loads.

Wallace is grossly underrated on this forum.  He's actually very good going forward and his tireless running up and down the wing causes teams all sorts of problems.  I was listening to SSB earlier on and the panel had nothing but good things to say about his performance against Motherwell where the guy, yet again, ran his socks off.  Wallace could be injured for a few games and if he is I guarantee we'll miss him because he's key to the way we play. 

I also, haven't seen a lot of Walker but I guarantee you that he tracks back and works hard defensively.  This is a quality Pedro admires in players and I know that because he talks about it constantly.  I suspect Candeias was brought here not just because he can cross the ball, but because he's willing to graft as well.  If these are the types Pedro is after then the full-backs will receive a lot more cover in addition the already vastly superior CBs we now have.

6 minutes ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

Jon Toral came through the youth systems at Barcelona and Arsenal.  He won POTY for an English Championship club when he was just 21.  I think he scored a hat-trick for Brentford when he was just 20. He had a poor one last season but he's only 22 and there's every chance he could develop in to a great player.  You make it sound like having him back would be an obviously be bad thing and I just don't get that.

Look at it this way.  Josh Windass was shite all of last season, and the start of this season against Progres, but 2 good games and he's now Rangers class.  If we brought back Toral all he would need to do is have two good games and our fans would love him.

12 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

He wasn't was he? He's mental 50% of the time he either speaks absolute sense or 50% baffling nonsense. 

You were on here a few weeks back telling us Pedro was a disaster.  That he won 'a spastic league in Mexico' (those were your words) and shouldn't be in the job.  I'm assuming you now like the guy?  That's what I mean by fickle. 

Also, saying Toral has the potential to be a good player isn't "baffling".  His potential is obvious.

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

You were on here a few weeks back telling us Pedro was a disaster.  That he won 'a spastic league in Mexico' (those were your words) and shouldn't be in the job.  I'm assuming you now like the guy?  That's what I mean by fickle. 

Also, saying Toral has the potential to be a good player isn't "baffling".  His potential is obvious.

Well you assumed wrong ya weirdo because I've said (even in that comment you quoted) that the jury is still out on him.

the comments on the Mexican league were that the competition is like a spastic sports day if you can finish 7/8 yet still win the league 

if you going to quote me try and get your facts right 

The criticism of PC was way out of order, Progres game aside. However some of his early decision were utterly baffling.

Thankfully looks like he has recruited well, which he has previous for, he brought in 11 players in one window and won the league in a far more competative environment than our backwater.

That being said he still has a long way to go. Let's take it a game at a time.

Is this Toral chat not deed yet? 

If not can anyone give me a rough timescale on it being binned. Sooner the better obviously. 

Guest Lloyd72
23 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Jon Toral came through the youth systems at Barcelona and Arsenal.  He won POTY for an English Championship club when he was just 21.  I think he scored a hat-trick for Brentford when he was just 20. He had a poor one last season but he's only 22 and there's every chance he could develop in to a great player.  You make it sound like having him back would be an obviously be bad thing and I just don't get that.

Look at it this way.  Josh Windass was shite all of last season, and the start of this season against Progres, but 2 good games and he's now Rangers class.  If we brought back Toral all he would need to do is have two good games and our fans would love him.

Who gives a fuck where he came from or what shitey team he scored a few goals for? He was an utter shitebag and piss poor when he was here, why the fuck would we want him back. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Well you assumed wrong ya weirdo because I've said (even in that comment you quoted) that the jury is still out on him.

the comments on the Mexican league were that the competition is like a spastic sports day if you can finish 7/8 yet still win the league 

if you going to quote me try and get your facts right 

I know exactly what you said KAI.  It's cool tho, It was popular to bash Pedro at that time so I know why you did it.  It's cool to like him now so best to try and cover it up :lol:

Windass and Toral achieved good things down in England.  More so Toral since he was POTY for a club playing at a higher level.  Both players struggled last season in a Rangers team that was doing shite.  However, the talents of Windass were always obvious to you whereas Toral is to be written off.  You're aligning your opinions to whatever is popular.

I know exactly what you said KAI.  It's cool tho, It was popular to bash Pedro at that time so I know why you did it.  It's cool to like him now so best to try and cover it up :lol:

Windass and Toral achieved good things down in England.  More so Toral since he was POTY for a club playing at a higher level.  Both players struggled last season in a Rangers team that was doing shite.  However, the talents of Windass were always obvious to you whereas Toral is to be written off.  You're aligning your opinions to whatever is popular.

Listen ya homeless wee mink stop trying to put words in my mouth and redefine what I said ... 

The jury is still out on Pedro and every single bit of criticism before was perfectly valid. He never got sacked so he's got the chance to win everyone round (myself included) and not even his harshest critic could ask for anymore from him or the team since Progres disaster. 

Read that carefully and let it resonate in your loaf. 

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

Who gives a fuck where he came from or what shitey team he scored a few goals for? He was an utter shitebag and piss poor when he was here, why the fuck would we want him back. 

You're right.  Everything a player does prior to signing for Rangers should be completely ignored.  I'm sure everydone does this because it makes the most logical sense.

I would also point out that Windass was utter shite for us last season.  He was piss poor, a shite bag, another one of Warburton's duds.  Why the fuck would we want him back for this season? 

Guest Lloyd72

You're right.  Everything a player does prior to signing for Rangers should be completely ignored.  I'm sure everydone does this because it makes the most logical sense.

I would also point out that Windass was utter shite for us last season.  He was piss poor, a shite bag, another one of Warburton's duds.  Why the fuck would we want him back for this season? 

We've had loads of players with great careers at shitey wee teams or who have came to us from a top clubs youth academy and done fuck all so aye I judge players on how they do for us apart from exceptional circumstances. 

I've said for months I want Windass fucked off but you can't deny he has played well the last 2 games.

To be fair Toral showed the least in a trully awful team, why the fuck would we want him back?

What other than having an impressive CV of couple clubs, all who have said he could leave, would warrant his return?

Just now, K.A.I said:

Listen ya homeless wee mink stop trying to put words in my mouth and redefine what I said ... 

The jury is still out on Pedro and every single bit of criticism before was perfectly valid. He never got sacked so he's got the chance to win everyone round (myself included) and not even his harshest critic could ask for anymore from him or the team since Progres disaster. 

Read that carefully and let it resonate in your loaf. 

I know exactly what you said, KAI.  It's entertaining to watch you attempt to squirm your way out of it.  How unpopular would you be now if you were to say he won 'a spastic league' in Mexico and shouldn't be here now?  Perish the thought.  People might think you're a right halfwit. 

I remember you came on here one time and claimed 'you get it right most of the time' regarding all things Rangers.  You know why that is KAI?  You're just saying whatever you think is most popular at any given moment.  Anyone can do that.

3 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

We've had loads of players with great careers at shitey wee teams or who have came to us from a top clubs youth academy and done fuck all so aye I judge players on how they do for us apart from exceptional circumstances. 

I've said for months I want Windass fucked off but you can't deny he has played well the last 2 games.

How should we scout players if we never pay any attention to what anyone does prior to singing?  Wouldn't previous achievements and performances not be a good indicator of ability?  It usually is.  If a player does well in the English Championship, which is a higher standard than that of the SPFL, I would be inclined to think he can do a job up here.  If said player is only 22 then the ability to develop and get better with age must be also be acknowledged.  Writing Toral off at 22, despite his performances in the English Championship, just because of a few bad months here, is misguided.

Also, I will agree that Windass has had two good games in over a year. 

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I know exactly what you said, KAI.  It's entertaining to watch you attempt to squirm your way out of it.  How unpopular would you be now if you were to say he won 'a spastic league' in Mexico and shouldn't be here now?  Perish the thought.  People might think you're a right halfwit. 

I remember you came on here one time and claimed 'you get it right most of the time' regarding all things Rangers.  You know why that is KAI?  You're just saying whatever you think is most popular at any given moment.  Anyone can do that.

So has Pedro won us the league then? Or even a cup? Or an Old firm victory, second place finish or even navigated past one European round?

When he does you can tell me I was wrong and not before and I'll be man enough to say I got it wrong if he's upto the job.

theres no way you can sit there and tell me I'm wrong about Pedro because we beat Motherwell and trounced Dunfermline at Ibrox last night.

I do get most things right when it comes to Rangers. What have I been wrong about?