14 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I know exactly what you said KAI.  It's cool tho, It was popular to bash Pedro at that time so I know why you did it.  It's cool to like him now so best to try and cover it up :lol:

It's nothing to do with what's "cool". If a manager is performing abysmally, you slag him off. When he gets good results, you praise him. Are you new to football mate?

5 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

If we're not going to pay what Hearts are asking for and Hearts are refusing to budge then withdraw all interest and start looking elsewhere. 

The time it takes us to do deals we'll need to start negotiaing with a club just now to get the player signed by deadline day 

Pretty certain the club will be aware of that and have second, third, fourth and fifth options ready. 

2 hours ago, Ger_onimo said:

It's nothing to do with what's "cool". If a manager is performing abysmally, you slag him off. When he gets good results, you praise him. Are you new to football mate?

It doesn't have to be....knowing he had a team of duds last year and trying to get them to play his way led to us losing games, but what he got out of it, looks like a rejuvenated Windass and players he trusts who work tirelessly for each other. I doubt we will win the league as we are lacking that bit of quality and guile but we look solid and quick and a handful for any team on our day.

If we lose to Hibs i will still think he is the right man to take us forward as the team has been together for weeks not months and these things take time.

Already the difference is this year i won't have a heart attack with every conceded corner.

Probably just lock this thread eh, doesn't look like its ever gonna happen :anger:

11 minutes ago, gazza87 said:

Probably just lock this thread eh, doesn't look like its ever gonna happen :anger:

You're a Hearts fan aren't you

3 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

You're a Hearts fan aren't you

Oh Frank.

No, I hate those Jambo bastards.  Just think 87 pages of mainly pish is a bit of a waste of everyone's time.  Club aren't willing to pay what they want and trying to sign any player from another SPL team is like drawing blood from a stone

This will be drawn out till the last couple of days which enables Hearts to use the money to fund the over budget stand whilst claiming the transfer happened to late for them to source a replacement, to try and appease the fans

36 minutes ago, gazza87 said:

Oh Frank.

No, I hate those Jambo bastards.  Just think 87 pages of mainly pish is a bit of a waste of everyone's time.  Club aren't willing to pay what they want and trying to sign any player from another SPL team is like drawing blood from a stone

Agreed the only chance of him or McLean signing is on a pre contract in January. Hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

Guest Lloyd72

Hearts need the money more than we need Walker, spend it on Fullbacks instead.

I'll take this with a pinch of salt:

Rangers Boss Caixinha States Position Gers Won’t Sign Another Player In

Source:
https://ninetyminutesonline.com/rangers-boss-caixinha-states-position-gers-wont-sign-another-player/

Rangers  boss Pedro Caixinha revealed he has no interest in signing another striker before the transfer window closes and will instead back his academy players to step up if needed.

The Portuguese manager believes Gers youngsters Ryan Hardie and Zak Rudden will be fitting replacements should the club’s first team trio Kenny Miller, Alfredo Morelos and Eduardo Herrera become unavailable.

The Scottish side have been busy this summer, bringing in nine new faces to the Ibrox Stadium since May.

Caixinha seems to be satisfied with his striking force and has expressed faith and trust in the club’s youngsters.

“No (Rangers don’t need to sign another striker)”, the Gers boss told Herald Scotland.

“We have Ryan Hardie, who was on the bench in midweek. We have Zak Rudden who is 17 but I trust him as well. If I have to go to the youth team to get some players for one or two matches we should have no problems with that.”

Whilst Caixinha is full of optimism for his youth players, he has also criticised Hardie for being “lazy” and wants the 20-year-old to work harder.

“Ryan will definitely be staying with us until January, I think he will improve much more just being with us training sometimes than just going and playing a game,” the Rangers boss continued.

“He needs to leave his comfort zone. He is a goal-scorer, but sometimes he is very lazy.

“He is an interesting player but I want much more from him than just being a goal-scorer.

“It is good to have managers who give a chance to young players but the young players need to fight to deserve those chances.”

Rangers recently suffered a 3-2 defeat against Hibernian F.C. at the weekend after new signing Ryan Jack was shown a controversial red card in the 36th minute.

With many of their new signings still adjusting to the Scottish Premiership and the nature of the competition, Caixinha’s men should not be too disheartened by their latest setback.

The Gers will take on Heart of Midlothian next weekend, a game they will be expected to come away victorious in.

Caixinha and the Glasgow side have the unenviable task of closing the gap between themselves and age-old rivals Celtic, who went through last season’s domestic campaign unbeaten.

Walker to score the winner on Saturday and get Pedro the sack..

If the above article were to be true I'm a tad bit concerned of our left back position and is Pedro going to push one of our other players out wide if Windass comes off, surely it can't be just Windass to rely upon?

I don't like the look of that article but as I say I can only take that with a pinch of salt.

For me Jamie Walker is a must.

We won't win anything with Windass/Niko in midfield, Walker scores goals and that's something we desperately need at the minute.

He also does not go missing when things are not going well on the park unlike the two guys mentioned above. 15 goals from midfield in a god awful team last season for a third of the price we paid for Pena the lad is a must buy.

2 minutes ago, Alves70 said:

For me Jamie Walker is a must.

We won't win anything with Windass/Niko in midfield, Walker scores goals and that's something we desperately need at the minute.

He also does not go missing when things are not going well on the park unlike the two guys mentioned above. 15 goals from midfield in a god awful team last season for a third of the price we paid for Pena the lad is a must buy.

You watch him often eh ?

16 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

Source:
https://ninetyminutesonline.com/rangers-boss-caixinha-states-position-gers-wont-sign-another-player/

Rangers  boss Pedro Caixinha revealed he has no interest in signing another striker before the transfer window closes and will instead back his academy players to step up if needed.

The Portuguese manager believes Gers youngsters Ryan Hardie and Zak Rudden will be fitting replacements should the club’s first team trio Kenny Miller, Alfredo Morelos and Eduardo Herrera become unavailable.

The Scottish side have been busy this summer, bringing in nine new faces to the Ibrox Stadium since May.

Caixinha seems to be satisfied with his striking force and has expressed faith and trust in the club’s youngsters.

“No (Rangers don’t need to sign another striker)”, the Gers boss told Herald Scotland.

“We have Ryan Hardie, who was on the bench in midweek. We have Zak Rudden who is 17 but I trust him as well. If I have to go to the youth team to get some players for one or two matches we should have no problems with that.”

Whilst Caixinha is full of optimism for his youth players, he has also criticised Hardie for being “lazy” and wants the 20-year-old to work harder.

“Ryan will definitely be staying with us until January, I think he will improve much more just being with us training sometimes than just going and playing a game,” the Rangers boss continued.

“He needs to leave his comfort zone. He is a goal-scorer, but sometimes he is very lazy.

“He is an interesting player but I want much more from him than just being a goal-scorer.

“It is good to have managers who give a chance to young players but the young players need to fight to deserve those chances.”

Rangers recently suffered a 3-2 defeat against Hibernian F.C. at the weekend after new signing Ryan Jack was shown a controversial red card in the 36th minute.

With many of their new signings still adjusting to the Scottish Premiership and the nature of the competition, Caixinha’s men should not be too disheartened by their latest setback.

The Gers will take on Heart of Midlothian next weekend, a game they will be expected to come away victorious in.

Caixinha and the Glasgow side have the unenviable task of closing the gap between themselves and age-old rivals Celtic, who went through last season’s domestic campaign unbeaten.

:lol:

14 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

You watch him often eh ?

Nope but comparing his stats last season against the likes of Windass that should tell all you need to know.

Guest Lloyd72
5 minutes ago, Alves70 said:

Nope but comparing his stats last season against the likes of Windass that should tell all you need to know.

You could compare anybody in the league last season with Windass and make a case for them signing.

41 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

Source:

bob.gif

37 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

Source:

Phew!    This has all the makings of being a very difficult season.  If he thinks there are enough goals in a striker pool of Herrera, Morelos, Miller and Hardie (supplemented by contributions from elsewhere in the team and supplemented by a first team untested Rudden) then his faith in the first team squad is - imo - off the scale in terms of optimism.   But hey ho, he's the manager.  He's the one who carries the can if that strategy does not work.   We're just the ones who'll have to sit on our hands and wonder how this is going to pan out as the season unfolds.    

I notice he's talking about not signing any more strikers.   But doesn't seem to be ruling out signing players for other positions.   A couple of really decent FB's would be good.  FBs who can do the first job of FBs which is to defend properly.   

57 minutes ago, Alves70 said:

So the stats tell you his character in big games ?

1 hour ago, kaiser1041 said:

You watch him often eh ?

I was gonna make the same point I've only really seen him play against us, maybe the tarriers a couple of times and maybe some small highlights on STV news a handful of times - sounds like this guy watches him every week 

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

Phew!    This has all the makings of being a very difficult season.  If he thinks there are enough goals in a striker pool of Herrera, Morelos, Miller and Hardie (supplemented by contributions from elsewhere in the team and supplemented by a first team untested Rudden) then his faith in the first team squad is - imo - off the scale in terms of optimism.   But hey ho, he's the manager.  He's the one who carries the can if that strategy does not work.   We're just the ones who'll have to sit on our hands and wonder how this is going to pan out as the season unfolds.    

I notice he's talking about not signing any more strikers.   But doesn't seem to be ruling out signing players for other positions.   A couple of really decent FB's would be good.  FBs who can do the first job of FBs which is to defend properly.   

Not so confident myself mate, bit sceptical, I can give Herrera a bit the benefit the doubt but even then can only hope a lot of our goals come from others. At least he is giving young one's a chance, but I agree, still hoping we can bring Walker in end of transfer window for me he would score a fair few from the left.