ForeverAndEver

Jamie Walker.

2,215 posts in this topic

It doesn't matter how good or bad Jamie Walker is.  Hearts want £1m and we're not going to pay it.  Therefore, we should be identifying other targets and getting them in before more points are dropped. 

1 person likes this

This won't happen now. 

He will sign for a undisclosed fee final week of the window 

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

It doesn't matter how good or bad Jamie Walker is.  Hearts want £1m and we're not going to pay it.  Therefore, we should be identifying other targets and getting them in before more points are dropped. 

Waiting for any player to come into a squad that is already new and needing to learn a style of play as quickly as possible, buying another Scottish player who by definition will be limited, rewarding a Scottish club with any transfer money after recent history...

We'll end up overpaying for him to be on the bench from September.

1 hour ago, Captain Hilts said:

This won't happen now. 

It depends on the player; if he wants to play for Rangers then it's likely to happen. 

Again take this with a pinch of salt, someone stating elsewhere the following:

"Was at stockcars last night in fife and one of the drivers who l know very well is a Jambo. His uncle works for hearts and has said that Jamie Walker will sign for us after Saturdays game for £800,000 plus a player on laon from us. don't know if true but this is what he said and seemed 100%."

We know what these rumours are like, he said, she said and sometimes it leads to nothing, but hey there's nothing else floating around in here so just thought I would throw that out on here. I think like someone mentioned above it'll go down to the last day perhaps.

3 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

"Was at stockcars last night in fife and one of the drivers who l know very well is a Jambo. His uncle works for hearts and has said that Jamie Walker will sign for us after Saturdays game for £800,000 plus a player on laon from us. don't know if true but this is what he said and seemed 100%."

We know what these rumours are like, he said, she said and sometimes it leads to nothing, but hey there's nothing else floating around in here so just thought I would throw that out on here. I think like someone mentioned above it'll go down to the last day perhaps.

Who could the player on loan be, though? that's what I'm struggling with.

They didn't rate Holt and were happy to throw him our way for 60k.
Forrester wants English Championship.

Maybe Dodoo or Danny Wilson? 

1 person likes this

We're not going to give Hearts £800k AND a player ffs. Why would we when our highest bid is £650k. 

12 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

It depends on the player; if he wants to play for Rangers then it's likely to happen. 

If the rumours are to be believed he is itching to join us. It's the fee between us and Hearts that is the issue. 

11 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

£800k plus continuing to pay at least a portion of a dud's wage who won't even be playing for us is a pretty piss poor deal tbh.

2 people like this

Just now, Captain Hilts said:

If the rumours are to be believed he is itching to join us. It's the fee between us and Hearts that is the issue. 

£800k plus continuing to pay at least a portion of a dud's wage who won't even be playing for us is a pretty piss poor deal tbh.

Piss poor doesn't do it justice.

Can we stop subsidising the same clubs who seek out chances to hate us please? Eight hundred fucking thousand...:headwall:

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

We're not going to give Hearts £800k AND a player ffs. Why would we when our highest bid is £650k. 

800 (Walker) + -150 (Forrester/Wilson/Hodson) = 650

:p:

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Hilly86 said:

800 (Walker) + -150 (Forrester/Wilson/Hodson) = 650

:p:

:tu: I like your style. Although, giving them spice boy alone would mean we get JW for £5 :p: 

We're either going to get him for £650k on the last day, or for free next season.

Just now, LegendofCoop said:

:tu: I like your style. Although, giving them spice boy alone would mean we get JW for £5 :p: 

We're either going to get him for £650k on the last day, or for free next season.

Is this the last year of his contract? Even more disgusting that we're giving them any money for him if that's the case. And if he wants the move badly enough he'll wait.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Surely Danny Wilson is required as back up for Alves/Cardosa? 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, glasgow argyle said:

Surely Danny Wilson is required as back up for Alves/Cardosa? 

Course he is but I'm just thinking out loud as to who they could want on loan from us. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Course he is but I'm just thinking out loud as to who they could want on loan from us. 

Windass................yaaaaaassssss!!!!

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

That's what I was left thinking with regards to that rumour, as I say though could be just nonsense, couldn't see it being Danny Wilson though if that were the case, probably someone like Dodoo.

4 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

It kinda left me thinking who that loan player would be, no clue, you'd have thought the money from selling Waghorn would've contributed to signing him outright for £1 million can understand why they're holding out.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Hilly86 said:

Is this the last year of his contract? Even more disgusting that we're giving them any money for him if that's the case. And if he wants the move badly enough he'll wait.

You're absolutely correct.

Walker should be told not to be too impatient. Look what happened to Scott Allen. What ever did happen to Scott Allen?

BTW I know where he is.

1 person likes this

I'd assume Hearts would be paying loan players wages ? Cant be Forrester as we've released him. Probably Dodoo. 

8 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Barjones?

Better have a backup plan incase we don't get this through. Our wide options are nowhere near enough.

Jamie Murphy on loan is backup I think. Don't think he's in their plans this year.

2 minutes ago, kris1984 said:

Jamie Murphy on loan is backup I think. Don't think he's in their plans this year.

Was he not playing against City on Sunday?

19 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Was he not playing against City on Sunday?

That's that fucked then 😂 

1 person likes this