Zelalem

2 hours ago, plumbGER said:

I liked his composure on the ball, wasn't a kick and rush clown like some of the others we have had in the midfield recently.

Hope he makes a quick and full recovery.

Agree, he disappointed at times, but i wonder with better players around him would he have flourished more....

4 minutes ago, DrFunke said:

Agree, he disappointed at times, but i wonder with better players around him would he have flourished more....

He could have been a bit stronger but he is still young in relative terms.

The thing that annoyed me about him was that he would find great space to get a shot away but always look for the pass.

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

He could have been a bit stronger but he is still young in relative terms.

The thing that annoyed me about him was that he would find great space to get a shot away but always look for the pass.

Thats the arsenal way...

10 hours ago, heathen fish boy said:

Gedion is a decent player,was maybe just bit lightweight for Scottish game tho,hope the lad recovers and goes on to have a decent career 

I don't think it's that he was too lightweight, so much as he had no real protection. In days gone by we'd have someone in midfield that dished out the same treatment to opposition players as they were giving Zelalem. He just wasn't experienced enough to cope with Scottish football without that sort of player beside him. 

We'd have been better off getting him back in January rather than Toral, and Zelalem would have benefited more too. Toral is a better player right now, but he's never really going to fulfil his potential, partly because of his injury and his own mental flaws. I'd rather have had Zelalem; least he wasn't scared of the bheasts, even if he looks young enough to get their coaches all worked up.