*** The RM Erskine Fund - Platinum Members' Club

govanblue

Membership of the RM Erskine Fund Platinum Members Club is automatic for any Member who donates £50 or more to the RM Erskine Fund.

These 45 Fine Upstanding Members have done just that...

• Aubie92
  • BallochBear
  • Bil
  • Blue Avenger
  • Bobby Hume
  • Brackley
  • broxieman
  • Carling1873
  • Courtyard Bear
  • D'Artagnan
  • EKCO
  • G13
  • geneva_ger
  • gmcf
  • Goggs
  • Heshootshescores
  • HG5
  • Inigo
  • jamess
  • jamess' cat
  • jim white's a bear
  • johntee
  • Johnny Dangerously
  • Keeps01
  • lanarkshire_bear
  • LSGers
  • Malvern
  • Muz333
  • NavyBear
  • offshoreworker
  • One Jock Wallace
  • onefootwillie
  • only14me
  • scottyscott1963
  • SuperTav
  • SW3
  • Taipan
  • thebooler
  • thistleman
  • toad
  • Travelrug
  • weeneily
  • wotmeworry
  • Young Bob
  • Zetland

:rangers::rangers::rangers:

The main benefit of the Platinum Members' Club is, of course, that you will be first on my list, come the November Donation Campaign. :p:

@Aubie92 @BallochBear @Bil @Blue Avenger  @Bobby Hume @Brackley @broxieman @Carling1873 @Courtyard Bear @D'Artagnan @EKCO @G13 @geneva_ger @gmcf @Goggs @Heshootshescores @HG5 @Inigo @jamess @jamess' cat  @jim white's a bear @johntee @Johnny Dangerously @Keeps01 @lanarkshire_bear  @LSgers @Malvern @Muz333 @NavyBear @offshoreworker @One Jock Wallace @onefootwillie @only14me @scottyscott1963 @SuperTav @SW3 @Taipan @thebooler @thistleman @toad @Travelrug @weeneily @wotmeworry @Young Bob @Zetland

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, LochendBilly said:

So there will be a two tier membership for donators? Just my opinion, but I think it is a poor idea. Best of luck with it as usual though and keep up the great work.

I agree mate. My first time donating and already I'm deemed as a cheapskate. Can't believe I feel bad about myself after donating to charity :depressed:

2 hours ago, govanblue said:

Membership of the RM Erskine Fund Platinum Members Club is automatic for any Member who donates £50 or more to the RM Erskine Fund.

These 18 Fine Upstanding Members have done just that...

• Bobby Hume
  • broxieman
  • EKCO
  • geneva_ger
  • Goggs
  • HG5
  • jamess
  • jim white's a bear
  • Malvern
  • offshoreworker
  • one jock wallace
  • only14me
  • scottyscott1963
  • SuperTav
  • SW3
  • thistleman
  • Young Bob
  • Zetland

:rangers::rangers::rangers:

The main benefit of the Platinum Members' Club is, of course, that you will be first on my list, come the November Donation Campaign. :p:

@Bobby Hume @broxieman @EKCO @geneva_ger @Goggs @HG5 @jamess @jim white's a bear @Malvern @offshoreworker @One Jock Wallace @only14me @scottyscott1963 @SuperTav @SW3 @thistleman @Young Bob @Zetland

perth campsie ger get yer money oot yer pocket ya tight cunt :lol:

This reeks of the Rangers Bond Scheme..I would never criticise the excellent work for this fantastic cause but having a list of folk who forked out £50 (or more) but leaving the rest of us who have donated regularly could be deemed divisive by some..Thankfully I have thick skin and will continue to donate..

5 gingee bottles takes a lot of work these days...:whistle:

1 hour ago, LochendBilly said:

So there will be a two tier membership for donators? Just my opinion, but I think it is a poor idea. Best of luck with it as usual though and keep up the great work.

1 hour ago, FSM said:

I agree mate. My first time donating and already I'm deemed as a cheapskate. Can't believe I feel bad about myself after donating to charity :depressed:

I can assure you I have thought much longer and harder on the matter than either of you. :p:  Years in fact.

There needs to be some way of acknowledging and thanking those members who choose to support the Fund far more than the minimum £10

Those guys don't want acknowledging or thanking, but it ought to be done.

You will notice that the specific amounts are absent.

The bottom line is, that for some members, when they see that larger donations are allowed, and in fact quite common, then that may encourage them to make a larger donation themself.

Otherwise, if everyone thought that £10 per Member was the maximum, then right now we would have £840 and not the £2814.98 that we now have.

You see???

If not, do this...

:pipe:

3 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

This reeks of the Rangers Bond Scheme..I would never criticise the excellent work for this fantastic cause but having a list of folk who forked out £50 (or more) but leaving the rest of us who have donated regularly could be deemed divisive by some..Thankfully I have thick skin and will continue to donate..

Maybe my answer above will answer that to your satisfaction.

And what's this "the rest of us" rubbish?  You'll be on the Platinum Member's List as soon as your donation arrives, just like you always are! :p:

oh and btw - you don't get money back on the gingee bottles any more. :depressed:

7 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Ah I see what you're saying now...

You misunderstand.

The proper normal conventional RM Erskine Fund Members Hall of Fame Thread will be along soon.  As soon as we hit the 100 Donors mark.

This is just an interim shout-out and sales pitch.

Nae wonder Craig Houston hates you lot! :p:

12 minutes ago, KazzyTI said:

Does the donation have to be done in one fell swoop or can it be cumulative between pay cheques? :whistle:

One fell swoop I'm afraid.  

I fully expect most, if not all of those Platinum Members to make additional donations throughout the Season, whenever the Fund needs them, just like the rest of us do. (I'm not Platinum either btw! :depressed: ). 

But since I've just invented the Platinum Club, any member who has already donated, but would now like to top up their donation to get their Platinum Upgrade, just let me know.  One member already has. :tu:

2 hours ago, Malvern said:

You can sure as hell count me in for November no worries mate. Just training my goldfish to start collecting money now :dance:

You promised it would be your tortoise who was next to shell out! :lol:

1 hour ago, LochendBilly said:

Every Donation is equally important. If I could give more I would because Erskine does such special work.

WATP :thumbup:

1 hour ago, FSM said:

Don't feel bad you are a wonderful Bear. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, govanblue said:

I can assure you I have thought much longer and harder on the matter than either of you. :p:  Years in fact.

There needs to be some way of acknowledging and thanking those members who choose to support the Fund far more than the minimum £10

Those guys don't want acknowledging or thanking, but it ought to be done.

You will notice that the specific amounts are absent.

The bottom line is, that for some members, when they see that larger donations are allowed, and in fact quite common, then that may encourage them to make a larger donation themself.

Otherwise, if everyone thought that £10 per Member was the maximum, then right now we would have £840 and not the £2814.98 that we now have.

You see???

If not, do this...

:pipe:

You don't see Lenny Henry creating social class divisions on Comic Relief. Lenny loves us all equally :depressed:

1 hour ago, FSM said:

Mate, there is no need to feel bad heaven forbid, you're doing a good thing and some people can't afford a huge amount of money as they have families to feed and mortgages to pay, bills don't pay themselves and some "rainy day" money doesn't put itself away. NOBODY would ever ask you to donate more than you could afford without missing it and I like everyone else are just proud we have so many members who will even donate a tenner if they can.

This is for our veterans not for some ego trip, I am happy for Govan to take me off the list right now and he can hold me to that and I will happily be stood beside "cheapskates" who gave what they could, when they could.

I can sort of see where Govan is coming from as it is an incentive and I don't believe for one minute he hasn't thought about your side of thinking, nothing is perfect and never will be but any donation to these vets will never be looked down on and no member should feel bad FFS mate, we are not doing it for bigger cocks here!

This post is not aimed at you directly mate, it is aimed generally to anyone who feels "uncomfortable" with this, I had no idea about it and donated what I could when I had it. The cats are staying in the cheapskate section though :sarcasm:

I personally believe this is much better than what we did last season (see a sample of the quotes below)...

I don't recall anyone complaining last season.  

This season I remove all the specific amounts, don't make a post thanking each of them individually. just stick them on a list and try to move on. :p:

And still some people aren't happy?  :angrywillie:

On 2016-5-11 at 10:32 PM, govanblue said:

Many thanks to Young Bob for an impressive £50 donation.

On 2016-5-13 at 8:58 AM, govanblue said:

Many thanks to DuntocherLoyal for his donation. (tu)

On 2016-5-17 at 8:27 PM, govanblue said:

Many thanks to thistleman for his rather splendid £100 donation. (tu)

On 2016-5-20 at 5:13 PM, govanblue said:

Many thanks to lanarkshire_bear for a smashing £50 donation. (tu)

On 2016-5-19 at 7:16 PM, govanblue said:

Many thanks to Heshootshescores who has found the net with a Smashing £50 donation. (tu)

On 2016-5-22 at 7:41 AM, govanblue said:

Many thanks to offshoreworker who had already donated, but has now stuck in another £65 to pay for an Erskine Rangers TV Annual Subscription. (tu)

I will remind him of this when he sobers up. :P

On 2016-5-22 at 7:44 AM, govanblue said:

Many thanks to The Only Way is Up who generously donated 2 Cup Final Tickets yesterday, which were sold on to 2 Loyal Fund Members.

So that was a nice wee £50.  

But imagine my horror when I opened the envelope and saw a big green sheet of paper in there too!

Then imagine my delight when I realised it was a  £50 note. :D 

On 2016-5-23 at 10:56 PM, govanblue said:

Many thanks to weeneily for a rather splendid £100 donation. :clap:

On 2016-6-4 at 11:50 PM, govanblue said:

Many thanks to One Jock Wallace who has made another wee donation to the fund.

He's also made a somewhat bigger one too, but I'll tell you about that tomorrow. :sherlock: 

On 2016-6-4 at 11:52 PM, govanblue said:

Many thanks to BallochBear for a rather splendid £100 donation. :clap:

He's also donated a useful bit of kit too, which I'll tell you about later. :sherlock:

On 2016-6-6 at 7:39 PM, govanblue said:

I've lost count of the number of donations made by the EKCO family this season, but here's another one...

EKCO has only just learned that we won't be having a November Fundraiser or an End-of-season Fundraiser this season, so he's chucked in another £150 to see us through. :thumbup:

On 2016-6-6 at 8:02 PM, govanblue said:

Many thanks to One Jock Wallace who has paid for one of those Season Tickets - just like he did last Season. :clap:

On 2016-6-6 at 8:03 PM, govanblue said:

Many thanks to One Jock Wallace who has just paid for another one of those Season Tickets. :clap::clap: 

On 2016-6-9 at 7:44 AM, govanblue said:

Many thanks to @johntee  for his £50 donation. (tu)

On 2016-6-9 at 7:45 AM, govanblue said:

Many thanks to @bettertogether for his £50 donation. (tu)

3 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Mate, there is no need to feel bad heaven forbid, you're doing a good thing and some people can't afford a huge amount of money as they have families to feed and mortgages to pay, bills don't pay themselves and some "rainy day" money doesn't put itself away. NOBODY would ever ask you to donate more than you could afford without missing it and I like everyone else are just proud we have so many members who will even donate a tenner if they can.

This is for our veterans not for some ego trip, I am happy for Govan to take me off the list right now and he can hold me to that and I will happily be stood beside "cheapskates" who gave what they could, when they could.

I can sort of see where Govan is coming from as it is an incentive and I don't believe for one minute he hasn't thought about your side of thinking, nothing is perfect and never will be but any donation to these vets will never be looked down on and no member should feel bad FFS mate, we are not doing it for bigger cocks here!

This post is not aimed at you directly mate, it is aimed generally to anyone who feels "uncomfortable" with this, I had no idea about it and donated what I could when I had it. The cats are staying in the cheapskate section though :sarcasm:

I was only having a wee joke mate :lol:

But just to be clear though, my cock is definitely the biggest.

Just now, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

I'll be on that list soon enough lol

Although it should be noted that "soon" doesn't mean quite the same to PCG as it does to the rest of us. :p:

We'll be back in the Champions League Group Stages soon too. :thumbsup: