*** The RM Erskine Fund - Platinum Members' Club

govanblue

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, govanblue said:

Although it should be noted that "soon" doesn't mean quite the same to PCG as it does to the rest of us. :p:

We'll be back in the Champions League Group Stages soon too. :thumbsup:

:lol: you always get it in the end. I will put half in when im home from Leicester and half next month. 

8 minutes ago, LochendBilly said:

Who's complaining? Just an opinion that is all. I know the wonderful work Erskine does.

Even if it were the case that such a list could foster feelings of inadequacy or resentment amongst ordinary members making ordinary donations, that would still be outweighed by the fact that there's hundreds of pounds  (thousands really) of extra money which will only come if members feel that they are able to donate £50, £100 or £200 if they want to.  I have a duty to get that money. That's what the list is for - to show people that they can donate as much as they want if they want to.

Less well known is the fact that the Fund also offers lots of concession rates, and free memberships for Unemployed Members, and others not in a position to donate as they'd like to, but still wanting to be involved.

There's no list for that though. :p:

24 minutes ago, Zetland said:

@Perth_Campsie_Ger

He even left the Country to avoid our posts but he made the mistake of telling me where he was going! :lol:

:lol: was that you that left the collection tin at my hotel door this morning? I thought I was dreaming when I heard £50...........£50...........£50............£50........ During the night

5 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Dunno mate, my neighbours think I am a right arrogant cock :dance:

I've come to the conclusion that the members of the platinum club are just over compensating for their lack of trouser filler.

Expect PCG to donate a grand. :lol:

Just now, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

:lol: was that you that left the collection tin at my hotel door this morning? I thought I was dreaming when I heard £50...........£50...........£50............£50........ During the night

Collection tin! I sent the Mormons & The Salvation Army Brass Band. :lol:

3 minutes ago, FSM said:

I've come to the conclusion that the members of the platinum club are just over compensating for their lack of trouser filler.

Expect PCG to donate a grand. :lol:

That's definitely part of it. :tu:

Though for some of them it's just that they make the mistake of getting very drunk before they come on to the fundraising thread or meeting me at the statue.

Don't they @Malvern  @offshoreworker ? :lol:

3 minutes ago, govanblue said:

Though for some of them it's just that they make the mistake of getting very drunk before they come on to the fundraising thread or meeting me at the statue.

@offshoreworker doesn't drink:lol:

2 minutes ago, Zetland said:

I thought it was a bit odd that you wanted Mormons & The Salvation Army for P_C_G. Did'nt want another

:redcard: so, did my best!

Is it too late to cancel my "slip off his spectacles" instruction?  

66a7a95daae2fe196e4a1d2cbe5435b2.jpg

GB is on a quest to raise the max amount possible for these great causes. Not all may agree with all his tactics all the time,  but we know why he is doing it.  Every single pound is one more pound for the causes,  so every pound is to be welcomed and celebrated.

38 minutes ago, jamess said:

GB is on a quest to raise the max amount possible for these great causes. Not all may agree with all his tactics all the time,  but we know why he is doing it.  Every single pound is one more pound for the causes,  so every pound is to be welcomed and celebrated.

You did warn me this would happen! :lol:

3 hours ago, govanblue said:

I am never to drunk to spend money uselessly, I resemble that remark.

5 hours ago, Malvern said:

Mate, there is no need to feel bad heaven forbid, you're doing a good thing and some people can't afford a huge amount of money as they have families to feed and mortgages to pay, bills don't pay themselves and some "rainy day" money doesn't put itself away. NOBODY would ever ask you to donate more than you could afford without missing it and I like everyone else are just proud we have so many members who will even donate a tenner if they can.

This is for our veterans not for some ego trip, I am happy for Govan to take me off the list right now and he can hold me to that and I will happily be stood beside "cheapskates" who gave what they could, when they could.

I can sort of see where Govan is coming from as it is an incentive and I don't believe for one minute he hasn't thought about your side of thinking, nothing is perfect and never will be but any donation to these vets will never be looked down on and no member should feel bad FFS mate, we are not doing it for bigger cocks here!

This post is not aimed at you directly mate, it is aimed generally to anyone who feels "uncomfortable" with this, I had no idea about it and donated what I could when I had it. The cats are staying in the cheapskate section though :sarcasm:

agree with you 100% mate i got a some cash that i did not expect to have from ppi gave some to my 4 kids & a donation to erskine :tu: