good manager, was written and given no respect by clueless pundits like Paul Merson. He will do wonders if he inherits a half decent squad in Premier League, still hoping him or Rodgers get Southampton job. 

14 hours ago, jackg93 said:

good manager, was written and given no respect by clueless pundits like Paul Merson. He will do wonders if he inherits a half decent squad in Premier League, still hoping him or Rodgers get Southampton job. 

Is Puel gonna get the chop? He did OK considering the usual Saints player turnover.

4 hours ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

Is Puel gonna get the chop? He did OK considering the usual Saints player turnover.

Rumors been circulating about it for a while. I think Southampton will end up taking Rodgers as their next manager regardless. I think he would do a brilliant job with them tbh. 

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Mental to go to Watford IMO. Very rare that a manager lasts longer than a year.

Silva won't be put off by that. He's used to that, and he'll be comfortable with working as the head coach rather than manager. I think he'd get more out of Watford than Flores or Mazzarri did; they started well under both gaffers, then began to fall away. 

1 hour ago, jackg93 said:

Rumors been circulating about it for a while. I think Southampton will end up taking Rodgers as their next manager regardless. I think he would do a brilliant job with them tbh. 

We have to hope he would take it, then they'll get some numpty in and we can challenge again.

2 hours ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

We have to hope he would take it, then they'll get some numpty in and we can challenge again.

He definitely would take it, Celtic is his stepping stone to get back to a decent job in EPL 

21 minutes ago, jackg93 said:

He definitely would take it, Celtic is his stepping stone to get back to a decent job in EPL 

We'll he can't have done much more to attract attention of mid table EPL clubs. Fingers crossed the lure of EPL mediocrity is too much to resist!

Just now, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

We'll he can't have done much more to attract attention of mid table EPL clubs. Fingers crossed the lure of EPL mediocrity is too much to resist!

Half decent Champions league campaign is probably all he missed this year. Celtic fans deluded thinking he will stay for 4 years, another season like he's had next year and he's offski. 

Sad times though that clubs size of Rangers/Celtic are stepping stones to likes of Southampton, Bournemouth, Crystal Palace etc. 

2 minutes ago, jackg93 said:

Half decent Champions league campaign is probably all he missed this year. Celtic fans deluded thinking he will stay for 4 years, another season like he's had next year and he's offski. 

Sad times though that clubs size of Rangers/Celtic are stepping stones to likes of Southampton, Bournemouth, Crystal Palace etc. 

Given who they had in their group an argument could be made that they did quite well to get as many points as they did. He's absolutely off if he has a similar season next year.

Changed days indeed. I was lamenting this today with the father in law. Fucking Bournemouth who have done fuck all their entire history can out spend us. WTF?!!! :anger:

41 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

Given who they had in their group an argument could be made that they did quite well to get as many points as they did. He's absolutely off if he has a similar season next year.

Changed days indeed. I was lamenting this today with the father in law. Fucking Bournemouth who have done fuck all their entire history can out spend us. WTF?!!! :anger:

They did well against City home and away to be fair, outclassed vs Barca and Monchengladbach as you'd expect, I know they got a point in Germany but they really should've been beaten.

Hopefully we can stay in touch with them next season until December and both of us pull away from the rest of the league, Rodgers then gets taken by an EPL team and they replace with a dud. Thats our best hope for next season as things stand.

3 hours ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

You could also make an argument that they got drawn against City at the right time, after the wheels had started to fall off under Guardiola. 

2 hours ago, jackg93 said:

They did well against City home and away to be fair, outclassed vs Barca and Monchengladbach as you'd expect, I know they got a point in Germany but they really should've been beaten.

Hopefully we can stay in touch with them next season until December and both of us pull away from the rest of the league, Rodgers then gets taken by an EPL team and they replace with a dud. Thats our best hope for next season as things stand.

Our best hope is that Celtic make the mistake Liverpool did by giving Rodgers more control over transfers. There are already signs that he's back to his delusional best, and I don't think he'd cope with a strong challenge. He looks untouchable due to how shite the rest of the league is, and that's all well and good when you're under no pressure, but can they continue that form when the pressure is on? I doubt it, just like I doubt they'd replace players like Dembele and Sinclair with similar quality; if they let Brendan pick the singings, his track record at Liverpool speaks volumes.

I hope he's there for years - just so long as we invest in the team. We shouldn't be hoping that he leaves, as he's a good coach and nothing more; he's not the reason they ran away with it this season - they ran away with it because they invested in the team, expecting a challenge, and we didn't provide one. Our biggest obstacle is the lack of a spine in our team, not Brendan.