50 today.

Virtuoso

Happy Birthday Gazza ...... one of the best players I have seen playing for our Club.

Watched his film the other night and it is well worth noting his normal life outside football was quirky to say the least ... and filled with some very traumatic and sad episodes that seem to haunt him to this day ..... a possible trigger for his wayward behaviour.

He has a heart as big as his smile and deserves to  be recognised by all who witnessed his skills on the park that were at times pure genius.

:UK:

6 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Them goals against Aberdeen are my favourite ever Rangers goals.

How lucky were we to have him and Laudrup in the same team. 

That second goal is probably one of my all time favourites too. And I'll never forget it cause my my Dad elbowed me in the face when we celebrated :lol:

4 hours ago, LiviGer said:

ITV4 at 9 tonight. The Gazza movie/doc is on. 

Jst watchd it there the now,oor gazza has been through the mill in his younger days and his injuries before he came 2 us,fair play to him for getting through it tho,alot of players wudnt have came back from they injuries he sustained,wat a special player he was and a charachter aswell

He lived in the Whitehouse in Kilbarchan when he played for us and I worked nearby in Johnstone. I remember on of my female staff members who was only 17 had a puncture on her way to work one day and Gazza was driving past and stopped and offered her his mobile phone to call her dad. When he realised it was only a puncture he changed her tyre for her. She was starstruck for the rest of the day. He was a supreme talent and a very kind human being who unfortunately ended up with alcohol problems but I hope he has overcome his demons and has many more birthdays.  

6 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

First player I fell in love with, the most talented to ever wear our famous jersey in my opinion. 

As I mentioned before, I honestly believe him to be the best player to have graced Scottish football.

A naturally gifted genius/maestro who was undoubtedly at his best whilst at us.

Yes, there's Laudrup, but...

18 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

article-1084563-026CB546000005DC-421_468

:bow:

I laughed at the commentator telling us that's Aberdeen coming out in front of their quite small support.

It was lambing season! What does he expect?

Gazza was one of the most talented players, ever to wear our colours. I remember, at the time, cunts saying that he was past his sell by date, and so on. But he showed them the truth.

I remember him dancing through the Hibs defence to score a majestic goal. Looking back, how we never won a European trophy about that time, I'll never know, although we were cheated out of a chance to appear in a final by Marseille. However we don't go on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, about it, because that would be taig like behaviour. Imagine the amount of letters UEFA would've received, if the same thing happened to them? They would've had to give them a few £million to shut them up, just like they did with the Irish FA! ???