Jim Stewart joins Warburton at Notts Forest

Smile

stewart-4340-3726023_613x460.png

Nottingham Forest are delighted to confirm that Jim Stewart has joined the club as first-team goalkeeping coach.
The Scotsman links up with The Reds after leaving Glasgow Rangers where he had spent close to ten years.

Stewart began his playing career at Kilmarnock, before spells at Middlesbrough and Rangers and he also earned two caps for Scotland.

His coaching career has taken him to Kilmarnock and Hearts before joining Rangers in 2007, a role he held while also helping out on the international scene with the Scottish youth set up.

Manager Mark Warburton said he is delighted to welcome Stewart to the club and that his experience will be vital across all age groups at the club

He said: “I am delighted to welcome Jim Stewart as our new goalkeeping coach. Jim has a wealth of coaching and playing experience and has been heavily involved in the coaching education programme in Scotland at the very highest level.

“As goalkeeping coach to the Scottish national team, he is used to working with international players and is widely respected for his knowledge, delivery and professionalism.

“Jim will be working directly with the first-team goalkeepers but will also be able to assist in the goalkeeping curriculum that is delivered down through the age groups which will be extremely beneficial to the young players and academy coaches. I have no doubt Jim will make an invaluable contribution to the football department.”

Read more at http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/nottingham-forest-jim-stewart-goalkeeping-coach-3726030.aspx

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, CaptainAmerica18 said:

Wasn't the line when he left us that he was retiring?

He was replaced by Caixinha but was due to retire at end of season.

10 minutes ago, CaptainAmerica18 said:

That good a Rangers man he's followed Warburton. Joins Weir in being a cunt.

The guy was let go by the club close to retirement after being here near a decade, calling him a cunt is a disgrace.

Gets his haircut in the same place as me.went to school with his youngest boy who was a decent goalie,he plays amateur football am sure.his other boys have played with a few pro clubs a think anaw

rambling on like a woman here

7 minutes ago, BEE said:

He was replaced by Caixinha but was due to retire at end of season.

The guy was let go by the club close to retirement after being here near a decade, calling him a cunt is a disgrace.

Quite.  No place for that for a solid club servant that just wants to keep working

10 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

Gets his haircut in the same place as me.went to school with his youngest boy who was a decent goalie,he plays amateur football am sure.his other boys have played with a few pro clubs a think anaw

rambling on like a woman here

Not sure about the others but Colin was on the staff as an assistant to Jim, I remember both their wages were leaked along with a lot of the backroom staff and they were mental. No blame can be placed on either though, leave that solely with the board.

Just now, BEE said:

Not sure about the others but Colin was on the staff as an assistant to Jim, I remember both their wages were leaked along with a lot of the backroom staff and they were mental. No blame can be placed on either though, leave that solely with the board.

Aye thinking about it am sure Colin was a coach or something to do with the under 20s?,could be wrong though

Just now, gazza27 said:

Aye thinking about it am sure Colin was a coach or something to do with the under 20s?,could be wrong though

He was originally assistant to Jim but looks like his role has changed after a quick look on the website!

1 minute ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Never known a fanbase to slate ex players/employees like us. This place is full a dobbers.

More this forum than the general fanbase mate. Cunts tyring to portray themselves as uber fans but their cuntishness overrides their brains.

1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

More this forum than the general fanbase mate. Cunts tyring to portray themselves as uber fans but their cuntishness overrides their brains.

To be fair mate any Bear I've met in person never has any these daft arsed views some stoaters on here have. Hopefully just the internet weirdos.