Jim Stewart joins Warburton at Notts Forest

Smile

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe he'll take Forest for the maximum financial ride to boost his retirement pot.   He must obviously trust Warburton or at least be prepared to put up with him.  His choice.   I wouldn't.

But here's a thing I presume the Club will be watching..............is he just the first to be enticed away to Forest.  Auchenhowie coaching staff for instance and Rangers GKs.  

1 hour ago, CaptainAmerica18 said:

That good a Rangers man he's followed Warburton. Joins Weir in being a cunt.

Have a word with yourself FFS.

Dedicated nearly two decades of his life to the club as a player and coach and helped bring through one of our best keepers in recent times in McGregor, who in turn is a massive cunt.

13 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Maybe he'll take Forest for the maximum financial ride to boost his retirement pot.   He must obviously trust Warburton or at least be prepared to put up with him.  His choice.   I wouldn't.

But here's a thing I presume the Club will be watching..............is he just the first to be enticed away to Forest.  Auchenhowie coaching staff for instance and Rangers GKs.  

'Enticed away' - he's been let go by the club ffs.

30 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

What an Idiot 

Some people on this thread are a joke. 

A guy that worked a long time for us and done a decent job and who left because our new manager had his own coach is being called a cunt and moneygrabber. 

His wages where offered and he's not going to say, oh that's too much, can you pay me less. 

He left us not for a new job, he left because there was no job for him.

He was going to retire but his ex manager clearly valued him and asked if he would be interested and he's now working for forest.

Why do a lot of our fans just hate everything about us?

3 hours ago, CaptainAmerica18 said:

Wasn't the line when he left us that he was retiring?

TBH Pedro will prob want his own guy in so I think saying retiring may be more a case of jumping before he is pushed but trying to save face, prob didn't want it to look like he was sacked. Good luck to him, IMHO it has freed up a wage that can be used for 1 of the managers own guys,

41 minutes ago, geronimoo said:

TBH Pedro will prob want his own guy in so I think saying retiring may be more a case of jumping before he is pushed but trying to save face, prob didn't want it to look like he was sacked. Good luck to him, IMHO it has freed up a wage that can be used for 1 of the managers own guys,

Pedro brought his goalkeeping coach with him when he joined us.

Calling Stewart a cunt/traitor is bang out of order. He's a human like the rest of us (or most of us in here, I can't speak for all of you) and needs to make money. Are we expecting him just to sit on his arse for the rest of his days and just give positive comments to the media when speaking about us occasionally? 

I hope he fails at Forest in the sense that I want them to slide into obscurity with that baldy cunt at the helm, but some of the comments for a great servant like Jim are completely over the top. 

Bar Simonsen and Cammy Bell there hasn't really been a time the past 10 years where I've been worried about the GK position. We have consistently had really good and then great keepers for as long as I can remember and for the past decade that's been down to Jim and the staff.

57 minutes ago, geronimoo said:

He didn't say he was retiring, he was let go by the club when Pedro brought in his own man - although he was planning on retiring at the end of this season.

7 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Bar Simonsen and Cammy Bell there hasn't really been a time the past 10 years where I've been worried about the GK position. We have consistently had really good and then great keepers for as long as I can remember and for the past decade that's been down to Jim and the staff.

Bit OT but Simo was backup to Bell for the majority of the time, people have a shit memory of Bell due to the play off - when he was regularly playing I don't remember many criticising him.

Some people need to have a long hard look at themselves.  You support,  but have every right to comment when some are not good enough (in your opinion).  But that should never cross the line into abuse.

3 minutes ago, jamess said:

Some people need to have a long hard look at themselves.  You support,  but have every right to comment when some are not good enough (in your opinion).  But that should never cross the line into abuse.

Agree up to a point but there are a select few who deserve the abuse, a goalkeeping coach who was at the club nearly 10 years is not one of them!

1 hour ago, Queen's_highway said:

Some people on this thread are a joke. 

A guy that worked a long time for us and done a decent job and who left because our new manager had his own coach is being called a cunt and moneygrabber. 

His wages where offered and he's not going to say, oh that's too much, can you pay me less. 

He left us not for a new job, he left because there was no job for him.

He was going to retire but his ex manager clearly valued him and asked if he would be interested and he's now working for forest.

Why do a lot of our fans just hate everything about us?

Hello Jim

4 hours ago, CaptainAmerica18 said:

The man gave great service to Rangers for many years and was then dumped out on his arse. He has a chance to make a few quid for a couple of years before retirement and for that you call him a cunt ?    Take a long look in your mirror and you'll see the definition of a true cunt looking back.

4 hours ago, CaptainAmerica18 said:

I didn't have any issue with Stewart being let go - even before Warburton was given the boot, there were areas where Stewart's keepers have generally struggled - but also don't get how anyone can have an issue with him taking a job at Forest. I've got plenty of criticisms of Warburton, but I wouldn't expect someone he's enjoyed a working relationship with to turn down a contract just in case it upsets a very small minority of fans. 

4 hours ago, BEE said:

Goram is a wank and would say anything to get that job. It was a fair while ago but I think the figure quoted at the time of the leak was £60k. That sounds like a lot on face value but he was only at the club for ten years and I doubt he made much during his playing career - not enough to retire anyway. Being binned so close to retirement may have totally fucked up his situation/plans.

Explain how he's a traitor?

Agree on Goram, had my own issues with him but won't dig them up on a Rangers forum, still a Rangers legend for his performances and getting it right up Celtic. I actually think £60k is fine for a club aspiring to be number 1 in their country and get in the CL tbh.