Arsene Wenger...

Gaz52

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

I do feel for their fans. 

For alot of them it must feel like what we'd feel if McCoist was still in charge of us. 

100% .I feel for the ones that want him gone .2 more years of mediocrity for a club that should be changing the menu  

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

100% .I feel for the ones that want him gone .2 more years of mediocrity for a club that should be changing the menu  

It's a disgrace that Wenger bangs on about being disrespected because he gets rightly criticised, when he's kept the fans in the dark about his future whilst producing an embarrassing season. Apparently he'd made his mind up to stay as early as last November. Lying old cunt.  

He is far too stuck in his ways to make major changes. They've finally finished outside the top 4 and it's only going to get worse IMO. 

Everyone goes on about Wenger having a great record, but if you take the FA Cups out of the equation, it's bang average surely?

3 premier league titles, at a club the size of Arsenal in 20 years, is pretty average. I'm sure they'd won more titles in the previous 20 years than that? 

Also SAF get's slated for only winning the CL twice, but Wenger has never won a European Cup competition, not even the UEFA cup. 

Asides from qualifying for the Champions League consistently, what is this amazing record he seems to boast? 

14 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Everyone goes on about Wenger having a great record, but if you take the FA Cups out of the equation, it's bang average surely?

3 premier league titles, at a club the size of Arsenal in 20 years, is pretty average. I'm sure they'd won more titles in the previous 20 years than that? 

Also SAF get's slated for only winning the CL twice, but Wenger has never won a European Cup competition, not even the UEFA cup. 

Asides from qualifying for the Champions League consistently, what is this amazing record he seems to boast? 

Never been in it.

2 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Wrong mate, they made the final in 2000 and were in it a couple of times when they dropped out of the Champions League due to finishing 3rd in the group stage.

Fair enough, I'm being a mongo.

Has it in my head that they qualified for the last 16 every year.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Fair enough, I'm being a mongo.

Has it in my head that they qualified for the last 16 every year.

In fairness I barely remembered it until I looked it up. Everyone remembers the semi final better between Galatasary and Leeds due to the fans being stabbed

32 minutes ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Still gotta feeling wee Sanchez is gonna go to Man City 

I thought so as well..but unless they let teams field 13 or 14 players I don't see him joining as where will they play him.?

3 hours ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Don't see the big problem ffs .Who would the Arsenal board get as manager if not Wenger .The best managers are all at the opposition in the Premiership 

A few of them on AFTV were saying for a few months that they could've got Allegri from Juventus. 

6 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

A few of them on AFTV were saying for a few months that they could've got Allegri from Juventus. 

What coulda stopped them then .They can afford it .Maybe cause Arsenal won the cup and got more points than last season.,gave them second thoughts. 

14 minutes ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

What coulda stopped them then .They can afford it .Maybe cause Arsenal won the cup and got more points than last season.,gave them second thoughts. 

I reckon it's just all very cushy at the top of the club. Wenger doesn't want to leave and the board aren't ambitious enough to make radical changes. 

Just now, Captain Hilts said:

I reckon it's just all very cushy at the top of the club. Wenger doesn't want to leave and the board aren't ambitious enough to make radical changes. 

Could be mate .maybe there giving him a last chance saloon opportunity to win the league then he's off .Either that or once the new contract is up he moves upstairs