missed out?

smiddy

Don't know what the bears views on Neil McCann taking the Dundee job,, I just think rangers have missed out on getting him back to ibrox in a coaching role, love the way he puts our club across, we may have missed out on a good coach, excellent speaker, and a passion for rangers,

31 minutes ago, smiddy said:

Don't know what the Bears views on Neil McCann taking the Dundee job,, I just think Rangers have missed out on getting him back to Ibrox in a coaching role, love the way he puts our Club across, we may have missed out on a good coach, excellent speaker, and a passion for Rangers,

Pedantic Loyal.

I think it's a good move for him, and if he is a success (and Pedro moves on in the future) then we keep our eye on him and we know we have someone who gets the Club, and knows what we expect.

He knocked them back initially and went back to Sky, only to rethink as the opportunity to be a manager was too good.

Not sure he'd have felt that as a 3rd or 4th tier coach at us. 

Hope he does well, and is ready for the big job some day. 

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He knocked them back initially and went back to Sky, only to rethink as the opportunity to be a manager was too good.

Not sure he'd have felt that as a 3rd or 4th tier coach at us. 

Hope he does well, and is ready for the big job some day. 

Pretty much this.

He talks a good game but he had/has no track record that suggests he will be a good coach or manager.

One thing I constantly said about McCoist was that he should have gone somewhere else and proven himself as a manager before he got a job here and I think the same thing applies to McCann.

He obviously has aspirations to be a manager rather than a coach so if that's the role he sees himself  doing then there's really no point in having this conversation until we are a bit further down the line and we can judge how he has done.

1 hour ago, smiddy said:

Don't know what the bears views on Neil McCann taking the Dundee job,, I just think rangers have missed out on getting him back to ibrox in a coaching role, love the way he puts our club across, we may have missed out on a good coach, excellent speaker, and a passion for rangers,

Ideal to see if he can make it as sometimes the clamour to have an ex player back in some capacity without experience is mind boggling.

We didn't miss out at all because Neil McCann wouldn't have taken a coaching job with us even if he had been offered it; for the simple reason he was willing to take a full time managers job but not a temporary or coaching job with a club. McCann is an articulate, knowledgeable football man who has his own ideas how a club should be managed and how his team should be set out, which possibly is not aligned with how Pedro wants Rangers to be at this point of time; otherwise Pedro would have approached him to consider the job that went to JJ.

If Neil McCann can do a decent job for Dundee (get in the top 6-Not get relegated) then his reputation will grow so that if and when a vacancy for the job of Rangers manager becomes vacant he will be in the mix to be considered for it. I wish him the best of luck at Dundee, except when they play us.

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If he proves to be any good he will find his way to us at some point in the future. 

I am sure he will,CB and that's why I hope he can succeed with Dundee because I don't think Pedro will hang around any great length of time in Scottish football, whether he is successful or not.

Done a decent job with Dundee in the short term and decided he fancies another go at it. I like him and wish him well but no, we haven't missed an opportunity. He was very much a gamble for Dundee and it's still possible that it could go tits up for them.

It's one thing stepping in to steady the ship for a few games and another thing entirely doing it over the course of a full season.

5 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

I am sure he will,CB and that's why I hope he can succeed with Dundee because I don't think Pedro will hang around any great length of time in Scottish football, whether he is successful or not.

Probably not OZ, I give him this season and the next and he will move on. 

13 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Probably not OZ, I give him this season and the next and he will move on. 

I think if he is getting us to where we REALLY look like overtaking the scum he will see out his contract, then move to a better league if he gets an offer; although it's all hypothetical at the moment. :pipe: