***British & Irish Lions***

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Brilliant from Scotland today and the Lions finally look like their gelling.

To be fair tho the Maoris are like the barbarians, so not as structured as the other teams the lions will play.

22 hours ago, reallyruff said:

Think Gatland needs a rethink on his replacements strategy......Eddie Jones has a point regarding them being selected on merit rather than proximity.

Gatland's selection policy has been a disgrace. Tarnished what it means to wear the Lions jersey. How Launchberry hasn't got a call up is beyond me. 

6 minutes ago, SuperPapac05 said:

Gatland should never have been retained. Just left with Australia glory and then hand the reigns to someone else. 

I expect Eddie Jones to get the job in 2021. 

Think he said he's gonna be retiring after the WC2019 but would be amazing if persuaded, Cotter shouldve got this years gig ahead of Gatland. He has no reputation for beating southern hemisphere teams why will it change with Lions?

1 hour ago, cp9 said:

Gatland's selection policy has been a disgrace. Tarnished what it means to wear the Lions jersey. How Launchberry hasn't got a call up is beyond me. 

One of his worst decisions. Launchberry has been brilliant this season.

20 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

One of his worst decisions. Launchberry has been brilliant this season.

Try to avoid jumping on the whole bias band wagon. But 3/4 of those welsh lads he's brought in aren't even international standard, let alone tour standard. Questions need to be asked after we inevitably get skelped 3-0. 

2 hours ago, cp9 said:

It was Joe Launchbury that I think Jones was specifically thinking on when he commented. Couldn't agree more.

2 minutes ago, reallyruff said:

It was Joe Launchbury that I think Jones was specifically thinking on when he commented. Couldn't agree more.

There's an arguement for the likes of  Gray going over Launchberry. Both very decent second rows that offer something different. Never even heard of this guy Hill. Not the lads fault, but he's just not good enough to merit a spot in the squad. 

Good result and performance.  As for the test team, still don't have a clue who'd be  best starting 15 , Gatland has his favourites so you can make a guess at who'll start but not convinced that that means they're the best 15.

1 hour ago, reallyruff said:

Good result and performance.  As for the test team, still don't have a clue who'd be  best starting 15 , Gatland has his favourites so you can make a guess at who'll start but not convinced that that means they're the best 15.

He'll cram as many as his under par Welsh buddies as he can into the team. He'll start with Sam Warburton on one leg if needs be despite the fact he shouldn't have been made captain when he is only fit enough to be a squad player at best. 

Halfpenny should start due to his awesome goalkicking attributes. 

Still think the squad this tour is a joke given the lack of Scottish representation, especially after the 6 Nations. 

Either way, can't see the lions getting close to taking a single game off the all blacks.