Kilmarnock confirm Lee McCulloch as new manager

Smile

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

They seem to be selling up it's like an end of life sale up there.

If they don't get planning permission for their new stadium, it could very well be. No idea why their fans seem to think they're in rude health financially. Maybe if they'd kept supporting their team during the years of Skovdahl, Patterson etc then they'd have been in better nick. 

3 minutes ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

2nd place and two cup finals is as good as it's gonna get for the sheep.

Scottish Sun Sport
@scotsunsport
Sunderland to make official approach for Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes according to reports

58c6c016b9cd2_GettyImages652416232.jpg

3 hours ago, Smile said:

skysports-lee-mcculloch-kilmarnock-scott

lee McCulloch has been appointed as the new manager of Kilmarnock, the club confirmed on Monday.

The 39-year-old has been acting as interim manager since February after Lee Clark left the club to take charge at Bury, leading the team to an eighth-placed finish in the Scottish Premiership.

The former Scotland international retired from playing in 2016, having ended his career with Killie as a player/coach and taken on an initial caretaker position in January 2016.

Following his appointment, McCulloch stated: "I am thrilled to be taking on the role of manager at Kilmarnock.

"I have gained invaluable experience at the club, both as assistant manager and interim manager, and believe I am ready to take on the challenges of a Premiership manager.

Hope it works out for Lee .Can't lie .I do have a small soft spot for Killie 

I was there that amazing day as a young boy with my Bud Johnson West Bromwich Albion shirt on ,as we hammered a once proud club 8-1 in 1980 .Cars by Numan was No 1 in charts .Always reminds of this day when I hear it 

Throughout the years ,I have always wanted them to beat who is put in front of them,bar against us .

I was also lucky enough to be at Helicopter Sunday 4, where we had a hell of great day .Thinking it was the start of a great run of winning the league .Glorious day it was 

Wish Killie hadn't  changed their pitch but as it was the best surface every other season .

With  big Lee there .I seriously hope that club start competing for some big honours .Hope those unappreciative Killie fans get behind him and realise they have got a good professional as their Manager 

Best of luck big Lee

2 hours ago, Inigo said:

McCulloch, McInnes, McCann... the pieces are being positioned.

giphy.gif

You know what mate .You are not wrong 

I know you are good bluenose and probably not in my league for para but I honestly believe these clubs are the ones we have shake hands with and put the past behind is .

Our club do needs some friends and Dundee and Killie are great old clubs with good history in Scottish football .

Also think that by appointing 2 good bears shows that something may be happening at board levels with certain clubs regards the cabal that still exist on our game .

May be way off but it's something I love seeing .Hope wee Ann Budge gets a good bear in there too and we can start to see clubs that traditionally were more anti scum than ourselves start to be a power again.

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I know you are good bluenose and probably not in my league for para but I honestly believe these clubs are the ones we have shake hands with and put the past behind is .

Our club do needs some friends and Dundee and Killie are great old clubs with good history in Scottish football .

Also think that by appointing 2 good bears shows that something may be happening at board levels with certain clubs regards the cabal that still exist on our game .

May be way off but it's something I love seeing .Hope wee Ann Budge gets a good bear in there too and we can start to see clubs that traditionally were more anti scum than ourselves start to be a power again.

I think that's pretty reasonable, eejay.

6 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I think that's pretty reasonable, eejay.

13 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Fucking paranoid.