$uper Ally

For those who still can still accept this man as a legend despite his penny shares, media interviews, and being the worst manager in our history, check out some info from the court case...

Ally McCoist's "golden contract"

The trial heard that when Rangers legend Ally McCoist became the club's assistant manager under Walter Smith, there was a penalty clause put into his contract that said if he did not become manager when Smith left, the club was going to have to pay him an "enormous" amount of money. Smith, McCoist's long-term mentor, only seemed to learn the full extent of the deal when he was given details in the witness box. He told defence lawyer Donald Findlay QC: "Mr McCoist obviously negotiates his own contracts, so he's possibly a bit brighter than I am

The man is not a legend. He is a fraud and has only ever been after one thing.

He should be removed from the HOF and never let near Ibrox again. 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, we know that he was a money grabber. But if after the last 24hrs you think he's the real villian here mate then think again. If anyone feels the need to vent their spleen then at least look for someone on the Financial Times Rich List and ask why our training ground still officially bears his name. 

Fuck sake, that's ridiculous. So he was going to get rich no matter what then.

I'm torn, I idolized him growing up and it's hard to forget all the good times he's given us but when he hear more things like this come out it's hard to ignore just how much he screwed us over and took every penny he could from the club. No fucking wonder he didn't walk away. 

McCoist the player, legend. McCoist the manager, fucking leech who took every penny he could from the club when we were on our knees.

Of course he's a legend - for what he did on the pitch. I don't give a fuck about the other shite. Everybody has a right to negotiate the best deal they can get for themselves. I'd probably feel more anger towards the people who gave him the deals, if I could be bothered to think about it!

I realised McCoist was a money grabber back in 1995 at Anorthisis Famagusta, when he couldn't be subbed on late in the game, owing to an injury to one of the defenders, and he was going mental. Not because he wasn't getting to play for the late part of the game, but because he wouldn't have been eligible for the 25k bonus, which the players were promised for getting into the Champions League.

56 minutes ago, MisterBlueSky said:

For those who still can still accept this man as a legend despite his penny shares, media interviews, and being the worst manager in our history, check out some info from the court case...

The trial heard that when Rangers legend Ally McCoist became the club's assistant manager under Walter Smith, there was a penalty clause put into his contract that said if he did not become manager when Smith left, the club was going to have to pay him an "enormous" amount of money. Smith, McCoist's long-term mentor, only seemed to learn the full extent of the deal when he was given details in the witness box. He told defence lawyer Donald Findlay QC: "Mr McCoist obviously negotiates his own contracts, so he's possibly a bit brighter than I am

Do you work for the Craig White deflection society?

1 hour ago, MisterBlueSky said:

You are the worst kind of "fan". Yes you are.   

38 minutes ago, novosleftboot said:

Of course he's a legend - for what he did on the pitch. I don't give a fuck about the other shite. Everybody has a right to negotiate the best deal they can get for themselves. I'd probably feel more anger towards the people who gave him the deals, if I could be bothered to think about it!

Agree mate.Anyone has the right to try and get the best possible deal for themselves as well as see out any contract they do have.We would all do the same in whatever walk of life we earn our money.Its just as football fans we somehow expect players and managers just to rip these contracts up if things go pearshape!!As mentioned it's the people who offered these contracts that should be castigated and vilified.

8 minutes ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

Agree mate.Anyone has the right to try and get the best possible deal for themselves as well as see out any contract they do have.We would all do the same in whatever walk of life we earn our money.Its just as football fans we somehow expect players and managers just to rip these contracts up if things go pearshape!!As mentioned it's the people who offered these contracts that should be castigated and vilified.

100%. 

The ball takes a wicked deflection in the real blame game.

More concerned about who, while supposedly acting in the clubs best interest thought it was okay to give him the contract.  We all know he's a money grabing waster as a manager, but ffs give it a rest. New manager, new players coming in, looking forward we're playing European football again but you want to drag this shit back up? Some folk can't help be miserable 

54 minutes ago, JohnH said:

I realised McCoist was a money grabber back in 1995 at Anorthisis Famagusta, when he couldn't be subbed on late in the game, owing to an injury to one of the defenders, and he was going mental. Not because he wasn't getting to play for the late part of the game, but because he wouldn't have been eligible for the 25k bonus, which the players were promised for getting into the Champions League.

Fucking hell, this must be the best yet - The shite folk make up is bewildering. 

:megaanguish:

Why did you not write a letter advising folk of your realisation then we wouldn't have any of these wanky wee threads? 

9 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Ally's agent negotiates a decent contract only for Ally to turn round and say fuck I can't accept that, I'm a legend here.

Don't think so.

Ridiculous isn't it.

Some are so naïve.

As soon as I read it on the BBC article, I knew it would be a separate thread :sarcasm: