The National Stadium

The SFA's agreement to lease Hampden comes to an end in 2020. Stewart Regan was in the papers a few days back saying we may change venue.

A day later it was announced that plans are being put in place for a hotel etc at Parkhead Park. 

It wouldn't surprise me is plans were afoot to move Scotland games to the East End.

My question is how would you feel about Ibrox becoming the new National Stadium. A long term agreement being reached, and with the money from the rent being used towards redevelopment of the Broomloan/Copland and Govan stands to make Ibrox a 60,000+ world class stadium?

We have the best football stadium in Scotland, in the best location and with the best transport infrastructure. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hampden is fucking shite, would be better to have the Scotland games around the country imo

Transport in and around Hampden is a disgrace for a national stadium, if you visit big stadiums in other countries, they some how manage to have good transport links and not make it a right pain in the arse to get near the ground

The SFA don't give a fuck about us and even less about Queens Park. They bullied them into the renovation of the dump when QPFC had plans in place for a 7000 allseater stadium at lesser Hampden with the big stadium being used for housing and shopping. Now they'll be fuckin stuck with it whilst every opportunity will be taken to ensure more cash flows ever eastwards... 

3 minutes ago, five stars said:

The SFA's agreement to lease Hampden comes to an end in 2020. Stewart Regan was in the papers a few days back saying we may change venue.

A day later it was announced that plans are being put in place for a hotel etc at Parkhead Park. 

It wouldn't surprise me is plans were afoot to move Scotland games to the East End.

My question is how would you feel about Ibrox becoming the new National Stadium. A long term agreement being reached, and with the money from the rent being used towards redevelopment of the Broomloan/Copland and Govan stands to make Ibrox a 60,000+ world class stadium?

We have the best football stadium in Scotland, in the best location and with the best transport infrastructure. 

I haven't thought about it.

Is this the same SFA as the one that stole our money threw us down the leagues, and are represented by a national team whose fans mostly hate us, that you are suggesting should be allowed to use our magnificent football Stadium as their own OP ?

Ultimately though, if we dont want it, it looks like it will probably go east and the stranglehold on our football -  and even how we are perceived as a nation -  will start to flow from the East. Cellic park will be redeveloped to within and inch of its life with cellics financial outlay being minimal.

For me cellic park being our national stadium would be the ultimate symbol that they have absolute control of Scottish football - not just for the near future but for generations to come. 

5 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Is this the same SFA as the one that stole our money threw us down the leagues, and are represented by a national team whose fans mostly hate us, that you are suggesting should be allowed to use our magnificent football Stadium as their own OP ?

Only if there's significant long term financial benefit for us. 

Just now, cushynumber said:

Ultimately though, if we dont want it, it looks like it will probably go east and the stranglehold on our football -  and even how we are perceived as a nation -  will start to flow from the East. Cellic park will be redeveloped to within and inch of its life with cellics financial outlay being minimal.

For me cellic park being our national stadium would be the ultimate symbol that they have absolute control of Scottish football - not just for the near future but for generations to come. 

Agreed.

also where would we play finals? if its their " national stadium"  they would have a huge advantage and the pendulum of victories would inevitably start to swing in their favour over time.

I dont like the thought of having anything to do with the SFA but the ramifications if we dont either step up or make sure cellic dont get it, dont bear thinking about

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I'm in full agreement - regardless of my own views of the SFA, not trying our utmost to get at least an equal share of the money coming our direction would be madness. Allowing potentially extra funds to walk away, let alone those extra funds potentially going to the other side of Glasgow, would be foolish, not to mention any of the surrounding area redevelopment 'perks' that could come with it as part of hosting some national games.

The problem is not the SFA as an organization but with the people who run it and those who have undue influence on them.

We need to get involved in the various boards/committees within the SFA and SPFL and work towards getting the right people in charge of these organizations.

1 hour ago, the_r_sole said:

Hampden is fucking shite, would be better to have the Scotland games around the country imo

Transport in and around Hampden is a disgrace for a national stadium, if you visit big stadiums in other countries, they some how manage to have good transport links and not make it a right pain in the arse to get near the ground

It's not that bad at all.

All Scotland games should be played in the capital at Murrayfield which should be upgraded, wouldn't cost much, and made the National Stadium.  This idea was touted before M'field was rebuilt and the idea rejected by the narrow-minded, self-serving, Fenian cunts at the SFA.

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

All Scotland games should be played in the capital at Murrayfield which should be upgraded, wouldn't cost much, and made the National Stadium.  This idea was touted before M'field was rebuilt and the idea rejected by the narrow-minded, self-serving, Fenian cunts at the SFA.

Just posted this as you had posted