The National Stadium

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

Hampden was still being converted back from the commonwealth games work to make it like an athletics stadium

Was a couple of games at the scumhole as well

That's what I thought but then doubted myself as it doesn't seem like that long ago.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ibrox is Rangers and thats it. Should knock Hampden down and build a new national stadium where theres room. I always thought off the m8 where theres nothing there. Easy access from edinburgh and glasgow. Could build a 60/70 thousand capaciy ground and a massive carpark.

1 minute ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

That's what I thought but then doubted myself as it doesn't seem like that long ago.

They never used it for football for a few months before the games then a few months after

That's how we played the cup semi against dundee hivs at Ibrox that year

1 minute ago, Parky89 said:

Ibrox is Rangers and thats it. Should knock Hampden down and build a new national stadium where theres room. I always thought off the m8 where theres nothing there. Easy access from edinburgh and glasgow. Could build a 60/70 thousand capaciy ground and a massive carpark.

They can't fill Hampden as it is nevermind a 70k seater.

33 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Times, and past views, can change though.   If they don't want to stay at Hampden are they really prepared for the endless shitstorm of justifiable accusation of bias in favour of the other lot.  It'd be an open wound forever which they could never shake off no matter how they tried to dress the finances up as it being a justified business case.   There's to football in Scotland than money and its stuff they could not put a price on.   

I've no problem if they use Murrayfield for the bigger games and move it around the country for friendly games.

As long as it doesn't end up in the East End.

Just now, simplythebest said:

They never used it for football for a few months before the games then a few months after

That's how we played the cup semi against dundee hivs at Ibrox

I still can't believe that was so long ago. Having children has affected how quickly time passes for me!

2 minutes ago, Parky89 said:

Its actually Queens Park that own Hampden

Just now, simplythebest said:

Its actually Queens Park that own Hampden

Yeh suppose but if there was a national stadium somewhere else they woulnae need a 50000 seater stadium. Just been to the millenium in cardiff and it puts Hampden to shame.

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

If they don't want to stay at Hampden there's a ready made solution of a national stadium at Murrayfield.     No fundamental reason why that stadium can't serve rugby and football.      

That stadium is a shithole,  although your point is valid if it is drastically upgraded or a new stadium built to accommodate both rugby and football.

2 hours ago, five stars said:

The SFA's agreement to lease Hampden comes to an end in 2020. Stewart Regan was in the papers a few days back saying we may change venue.

A day later it was announced that plans are being put in place for a hotel etc at Parkhead Park. 

It wouldn't surprise me is plans were afoot to move Scotland games to the East End.

My question is how would you feel about Ibrox becoming the new National Stadium. A long term agreement being reached, and with the money from the rent being used towards redevelopment of the Broomloan/Copland and Govan stands to make Ibrox a 60,000+ world class stadium?

We have the best football stadium in Scotland, in the best location and with the best transport infrastructure. 

Its not the team moving out of hampden

Its just the sfa etc using the offices etc 

2 hours ago, five stars said:

The SFA's agreement to lease Hampden comes to an end in 2020. Stewart Regan was in the papers a few days back saying we may change venue.

A day later it was announced that plans are being put in place for a hotel etc at Parkhead Park. 

It wouldn't surprise me is plans were afoot to move Scotland games to the East End.

My question is how would you feel about Ibrox becoming the new National Stadium. A long term agreement being reached, and with the money from the rent being used towards redevelopment of the Broomloan/Copland and Govan stands to make Ibrox a 60,000+ world class stadium?

We have the best football stadium in Scotland, in the best location and with the best transport infrastructure. 

No chance of that ever happening. The rhabids would never allow it. It's the scumdone being modernised every which way, so if anywhere, it would be there. I'll be expecting the SFA to be setting up new offices there in future.

And anyway, how the fuck did you arrive at that idea, knowing the SFA scum fc connections?

If the SFA do give up on Hampden then only one place all that rent money will be heading to and it won't be Ibrox. Interesting that septic are talking about building a new main stand then this comes along.

Any bears who are apathetic towards the SFA giving up on Hampden should note that potentially all cup semi/finals would probably be played at Porkhead in future giving them home advantage every time with also more tickets when the stadium segregation is planned out.

We've already seen the peados benefit financially from the Emirates arena being built on their doorstep this sounds like yet another Liewell plot.

Earlier this year when I did the tour of Ibrox after the Founders Tour the guide mentioned that currently Ibrox & Hampdump are the only 5star or whatever they call it stadiums in Scotland. He then said that celtc were putting in place moves to make the stydome 5star too. As soon as that happens we can forget about hampdump internationals & big European finals being played anywhere else.

3 hours ago, five stars said:

Country is corrupt to fuck

The  application  for the hotel will be passed and GCC will probably pay for the fucking thing .

As long as every one of them can have their wives stay there when they wish for free .

This City is now a embarrassment of clear nepotism in every walk of our lives

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Let them go to the Piggery with all the rest of the Republican scum fucks. They can all fiddle together.

The thing is, those cunts are probably trying for that right now. Use parkheid as it's bigger and then rotate around the country, for a fee