Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Smile

Warburton to sign Cummings

Recommended Posts

 

 

Hibs Blow

Hibs forward Jason Cummings on the verge of joining former Rangers boss Mark Warburton at Nottingham Forest

The 21-year-old is expected to join up with former Rangers boss Mark Warburton at the City Ground

nintchdbpict0003038423701-e1494618728256

Jason Cummings is on the verge of a move to Nottingham Forest

And Forest boss Mark Warburton is now poised to land the 21-year-old after initially expressing an interest to take him to Rangers.

Keep up to date with ALL the latest news, transfers and goals from Scottish football plus fixtures, results and live match commentary

Cummings had attracted attention from a string of clubs in England but the Championship outfit have stolen a march on their rivals and don’t expect any issues in completing the deal, with a medical pencilled in for this week.

It will come as a blow to Hibees manager Neil Lennon, who had hoped to keep the Scotland Under-21 cap in Leith as they gear towards their first season back in the top-flight.

But it’s believed the player was told the club would not stand in his way if the right offer was submitted, with Cummings in turn having kept his head down instead of agitating for a switch.

Lennon was already hoping to beef up his frontline, despite the summer arrival of Dundee United’s Simon Murray, and will now be handed additional funds to replace the prolific fan favourite.

I bet he was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hibs are fucked next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RDFM said:

Hibs are fucked next year.

So is Forest.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know how much they're buying him for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overrated wee poof. Definitely a Warburton player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is a good goalscorer tbf, scored a few against us.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BluesClues said:

 

Can't believe he's the only striker to have missed an open goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Can't believe he's the only striker to have missed an open goal.

I know, glad that's the point I was making.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

He is a good goalscorer tbf, scored a few against us.

He's really untested at any level above Championship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Smile said:

He's really untested at any level above Championship.

He should develop. Swansea signed Stephen Kingsley from Falkirk a few years ago and he's looked good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll get pelters for this but I really wish we had signed him imo he would've been an excellent player but I think he's totally fucked it by going there under that kid on manager, he will be playing left back after 3 games under this tool. He's wasted himself going there which is a shame as there's definitely a talented player in there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bluewhitevanman said:

I'll get pelters for this but I really wish we had signed him imo he would've been an excellent player but I think he's totally fucked it by going there under that kid on manager, he will be playing left back after 3 games under this tool. He's wasted himself going there which is a shame as there's definitely a talented player in there. 

He wants away from Hibs, and has done since they scuppered him moving to us last summer. I'm not so sure that Forest is the wrong move for him either, to be honest. He's not joining a club that are expected to win promotion next season, and unless he's totally out of his depth he'll have a few years there to prove himself. 

He seems a daft lad, but best of luck to him. And more importantly, GIRUY to Lennon, Dempster etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He would been in Rangers shirt if hibs fans never caused carry on on Scottish Cup final. I would rather him playing for us than against us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

Heard £1.2m mentioned

Is his deal almost up? I am sure they knocked back more money from Peterbourgh last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wully said:

Is his deal almost up? I am sure they knocked back more money from Peterbourgh last season.

No idea mate. Just seen another paper say its only £1m now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would have took him here... but that was before Morelos was linked, now I'd much rather have Morelos and it looks like it's happening so fuck the wee ugly fenian cunt

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

He should develop. Swansea signed Stephen Kingsley from Falkirk a few years ago and he's looked good.

Is that the Partick Thistle mascot?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wully said:

Is his deal almost up? I am sure they knocked back more money from Peterbourgh last season.

He's refused a new contract and publicly said he wants to move, whereas last year he wasn't that fussed about going to Peterborough (and he still hoped we'd come to an agreement with Hibs).

McGinn wants to go too. Seems like Dempster's aim for Europe football in 2018/19 is may be a tad more difficult for the ginger minger to achieve than Hibs anticipated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Would have took him here... but that was before Morelos was linked, now I'd much rather have Morelos and it looks like it's happening so fuck the wee ugly fenian cunt

Is he a taig though? I know he grew up a Hearts fan and was keen on signing for us last year, so seems unlikely. (Might explain why he's not quite as daft as Riordan, O'Connor and Griffiths.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aubie92 said:

Is he a taig though? I know he grew up a Hearts fan and was keen on signing for us last year, so seems unlikely. (Might explain why he's not quite as daft as Riordan, O'Connor and Griffiths.)

There's a photo kicking about him and that tadger Scott Allan in the Rangers end at an old firm a few years back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×