• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

King hasn't stood up and fought for anything as far as I can see

He should be going to the table to negotiate the deal that's the only option other than wait till the 7 year deal is over

Didn't King tear the deal up and Ashley is now suing him and the club for breach of contract. The shirt sponsor and the kit all go through RR and didn't sponsorship have to be agreed with him via RR?

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Didn't King tear the deal up and Ashley is now suing him and the club for breach of contract. The shirt sponsor and the kit all go through RR and didn't sponsorship have to be agreed with him via RR?

As I understand it Rangers issued a termination notice to bring the Rangers Retail Ltd contract to an end, alleging that SD had breached the contract.   SD is claiming damages and costs and I believe a court case has still to conclude on this.    An aspect of this is the issue of who has the intellectual property rights to Rangers logo.    If it transpires Rangers has unlawfully terminated the retail contract, and if the court agrees with SD about this, then I don't see how Rangers can sell a Puma top with 32 Red on it and the Rangers logo as Rangers does not appear to consider the Rangers Retail Ltd contract to still be a contract they have to honour.  

Looking at the Rangers press release on the Rangers website it seems to me the Club is careful to say ".....will sponsor Rangers’ playing kit for the next two campaigns starting in July 2017."    And 32 Red state "....two year agreement that will see the 32Red brand feature on the front of the players shirts.".    Fair enough as far as kit for the players and the club staff themselves are concerned.    Because that it is presumably not part of the Rangers Retail Ltd contract ie Puma provides kit to Rangers and the kit has the 32 Red logo and the Rangers logo and its used solely and only by Rangers itself, and not resold so its not affected by the scuppered Rangers Retail Ltd deal. 

But note that the statement by the Club is silent on the treatment of the 32 Red logo on replica kits and on the sale of replica kits........presumably because there is no resolution to the court case yet and there isn't a contractual solution to selling replica kits.     Unless of course they are trying to resolve it with SD before the court attends to the case.      Running out of time though.

5 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

That's not how advertising/sponsorship works mate. All that matters is people are seeing "Red32", because they'll get more money from people using their app/website than people buying the strip. 

Yeah, it's all about the tv/print exposure from the games, not the shirt sales.

All teams have sponsors, very few teams sell more than a handful of shirts.

Good to see their advertising has had the desired impact on you btw.  32Red, not Red32! :p:

5 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Aye but surely missing out on say minimum 10,000 wearing the top say 10 times a year is a lot of lost exposure all the same

Daftbet must be laughing then, those tramps wear the septic top 365 days a year.

15 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

We aren't getting new strips :lol:

Is that for definite mate? Just wondering why if it's the same strips for next year they've been reduced in price to £20. Surely they'd just leave them at full whack? 

6 minutes ago, Super1872 said:

Is that for definite mate? Just wondering why if it's the same strips for next year they've been reduced in price to £20. Surely they'd just leave them at full whack? 

Even if it's a new one it's still puma. But no apparently at NARSA it was said its same ones

I was peeing at that point :lol:

19 minutes ago, Super1872 said:

Mebey worth buying now incase they go back up lol I need to try and sell the 6k red bull iron on patches I bought now that 32red are staying

22 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Even if it's a new one it's still puma. But no apparently at NARSA it was said its same ones

I was peeing at that point :lol:

Aye I know It will definitely be puma. Tbh I'm not fussed if it's the same tops, like them well enough, especially the 3rd kit. 

8 hours ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Yes but much more people see the shirt sponsor on a daily basis when Bears are all buying tops and wearing them all the time. If we had all been buying tops then folk would be seeing 32RED all over the place every single day not just when they watch Rangers games.

I guess its not a deal breaker or as big a deal as I thought but id imagined it would have been something the sponsor would have been at least a bit concerned about.

And I know its a different matter altogether but id be interested to hear PUMAs thoughts on all this

Above the line exposure is the most premium way to market a product, European football and more coverage of home games will have played the biggest role in the enhanced deal. Whether people buy the tops or not isn't really a major concern for 32Red - mass exposure is, that's what TV audiences give you. 

8 hours ago, Ryju84 said:

These two comments go hand in hand. If we do well at the Euro games, then TV exposure will be worldwide... (moreso than it is for Old Firm games and Rangers TV broadcast abroad). 

Also... big Bruno wearing a 32 Red top would have sweetened it :)

I pronounced that like a Columbian signing :lol: