Mayweather vs McGregor - August 26th

Ryan_1

1 hour ago, JimmyCR1 said:

Wow, people need to lighten up, enjoy it for what it is, stop being wee bitches.

Don't get me wrong , if people are willing to spend hard earned cash to watch this who am I to piss on their bonfire, I used to pay so the bairns could watch the royal rumble. You cant expect people to take it seriously though, and it does demean the sport of boxing.

If McGregor was to win this by a KO it would be the biggest upset I've ever seen. I'd be even more impressed if he was to go the distance if its a respectable fight even if he loses. I seen him KO Aldo and Alvarez I think it was but one was a bum rush and the other was a nice combination but the guys defence was all over the shot. I suppose it can happen if he does carry the sort of power that MMA fans say he does but I rarely see top boxers leaving themselves so exposed, especially not at Mayweather's level, so it will have to be some initial punch. McGregor seems to pull his arm right back for his big left so I'd more expect to see Mayweather give him a short right and be away before the boy can do anything similar to the way he knocked down Hatton. Outwith that I don't see what else the Irish boy brings that could effect the fight. His jab or hooks look mediocre for that level of boxing. Its might be because he's MMA though as it looks as if he uses kicks to move people around and set them up instead of punches. Will be interesting to see what tactics he brings to the fight. 

Pacquiao retired De La Hoya by managing to land straight lefts all night. I never thought that could be done to a top boxer but every time Oscar tried to adapt his defence Pacquiao was able to still land by slightly adjusting the angles of his punches. McGregor looks good at this sort of thing to me so if he can get his tactics right you just never know but I expect Mayweather to move in close to him or hit him first and then move. He's much tougher and harder hitting than he gets the credit for and has been fighting big punchers all his days. He was as strong and tough as Hatton up close and at least equal to the likes of Canelo and Maidana so I think he'll just try to get close to McGregor and will eventually wear him down with combinations before the ref stops it. He will beat McGregor from distance too in the early rounds but won't take any risks so the fight will last longer. If the MMA lad can land some good shots and make a fight of it beforehand I'll be impressed as that's some going considering he's crossing over into a different sport and fighting one of the best. That would be a big win for the MMA for me as its always looked a good bit looser to me with more random upsets. I know Aldo was champion for a long time but it seems to me that 30-0 type records are rare because there are so many randoms that can happen the closer you get to all out fighting.

If McGregor was to win or do well while lasting the full fight it will be very fitting that Mayweather stains his great record for the sake of money :lol: 

11 hours ago, gogzy said:

Agreed.  There is only one of the two capable of knocking the other out, and that is Macgregor.

Jesus Gogzy :lol:

You do realise floyd is one of the greatest boxers in history and one of the hardest to lay a glove on ever? World class boxers have tried and failed to trouble him. Yes, he may have struggled to KO his opponents as he got older, but these guys are amongst the best boxers in the world for their division. Wasn't even that long ago Saul Alvarez who weighed about a stone heavier than Floyd on fight night got nowhere near him despite his size and power and incredible boxing talent.

Mcgregor on the other hand is a domestic level boxer at best. 

Of course anything is possible in combat sports, but Im struggling to tell if you're serious with your comment. To say he's not capable of knocking out someone who isn't even a boxer is hilarious tbh.

What I hope doesn't happen is some sort of scripted shite whereby Floyd won't be 'allowed' to knock out Mcregor that early on which would essentially rule out a rematch. Any sort of relatively close fight where Mcregor isn't annihilated sets up a rematch perfectly.

Hope Floyd's pride is too great to let this happen but wouldn't be surprised given how much they both chase money.

See this whole scripted bullshit that people keep going on about,  that's a nice get out clause for when Connor knocks him out.  "aww it was scripted"

What a load of tosh, neither of these world class fighters would even think about throwing or scripting a fight.

1 hour ago, gogzy said:

I expect apologies from you all when Floyd ends up lying on his back in the middle of the ring.

If mcgregor touches him he 100%goes to sleep and mayweathers punch and clinch tactics will not work with a man who is a proper grappler.

mayweather has to win McNugget doesn't for me it's not as plain sailing as some are suggesting but a mayweather shut it shouldn't suprise anyone 

4 hours ago, gogzy said:

See this whole scripted bullshit that people keep going on about,  that's a nice get out clause for when Connor knocks him out.  "aww it was scripted"

What a load of tosh, neither of these world class fighters would even think about throwing or scripting a fight.

Don't bet on it, its clear these cunts would do anything for money, hence the reason this is happening at all.

1 hour ago, MurrayWilson said:

Don't bet on it, its clear these cunts would do anything for money, hence the reason this is happening at all.

No chance either of them are willing to take a dive IMO.   Too much pride in them.

24 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Why would McGregor be able to do what Alvarez couldn't? Easy question, on you go.

No idea who Alvarez is, i have not watched boxing in years.  Not that easy a  question.

1 hour ago, gogzy said:

Possibly, but i am not right now, and I stand by it.

Delusional doesn't come close :lol: 

The best boxers in the world haven't been able to knock Floyd out, no way is someone with 0 boxing matches going to be able to do it, as for Floyd not knocking him out, maybe not with a single shot but if he's teeing off at him without response he will, easily.

Just now, Frank Harrison said:

Delusional doesn't come close :lol: 

The best boxers in the world haven't been able to knock Floyd out, no way is someone with 0 boxing matches going to be able to do it, as for Floyd not knocking him out, maybe not with a single shot but if he's teeing off at him without response he will, easily.

We shall have to see.  I remember when all the UFC fans ( including me) were saying that there way no way Connor would lay a glove on Aldo.