Mayweather vs McGregor - August 26th

Ryan_1

2 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

What the actual fuck? :lol: 

He knocked one of best the pound for pound fighters in the UFC in one punch. A fighter, to my recollection that had never been knocked down before.

People contsantly underestimate him, and he proves them wrong,every time.  I think this will be another one of those times.

1 minute ago, Frank Harrison said:

That's mental :lol: 

One was an MMA match between two quality MMA fighters, one is a boxing match between one of the best boxers ever and someone with 0 boxing fights. 

And both will be ended by the first punch Connor lands.

Just now, gogzy said:

He knocked one of best the pound for pound fighters in the UFC in one punch. A fighter, to my recollection that had never been knocked down before.

People contsantly underestimate him, and he proves them wrong,every time.  I think this will be another one of those times.

You must be wired to the fucking moon :lol: 

Just now, gogzy said:

The only subjective part of that post is the last line.  The rest is fact.

He knocked out one of the best MMA fighters in an MMA match, that is absolutely nothing like knocking out one of the best ever boxers in a boxing match :lol: 

1 minute ago, Frank Harrison said:

He knocked out one of the best MMA fighters in an MMA match, that is absolutely nothing like knocking out one of the best ever boxers in a boxing match :lol: 

Aye, a Punch in the jaw is totally different in a Ring compared to in an Octogon. 

People who talk about Mayweather taking a scripted loss to get a rematch need to get real. A win in this fight gets him the 50-0 and that will be the best unbeaten record there is. I would say thats worth more to him than another £100M and if he was really struggling them he sell some of his cars and private jet to keep him going plus the £100-150M that he is going to make from this fight.

I am of the opinion that Mcgregor wont have a chance but will possibly last the 12 rounds as Mayweather hasnt KO'd anyone since 2011/12 I think.

I will 100% watch the fight tho just in case there is a massive upset.

I am really disappointed that they have made this circus before GGG v Alvarez as it has taken a lot of the build up away from the fight.

12 minutes ago, james_85 said:

People who talk about Mayweather taking a scripted loss to get a rematch need to get real. A win in this fight gets him the 50-0 and that will be the best unbeaten record there is. I would say thats worth more to him than another £100M and if he was really struggling them he sell some of his cars and private jet to keep him going plus the £100-150M that he is going to make from this fight.

I am of the opinion that Mcgregor wont have a chance but will possibly last the 12 rounds as Mayweather hasnt KO'd anyone since 2011/12 I think.

I will 100% watch the fight tho just in case there is a massive upset.

I am really disappointed that they have made this circus before GGG v Alvarez as it has taken a lot of the build up away from the fight.

Has anyone said he'd take a loss? Maybe they did, but of course he won't. 

However what I can see is the fight going longer than it should (with floyd obv still winning) in order to set up the chance of a rematch and another 100 million.

8 hours ago, JamieD said:

What evidence do we have that McGregor punches harder than Mosley, Maidana or Alvarez?

The same evidence we have for all of the above punching harder than mcgregor.

wether you like him or not he finishes bigger guys with smaller gloves.

im by no means backing mcgregor to win id love nothing more than to see him not lay a glove on mayweather and show this up for the freak show it is.

the danger here is its lose lose for boxing and floyd gets hit he will get hurt 

McGregor does carry some power. Just had a look at some of his KOs and one on this clip is a nice wee short hook and the guy is out cold but none of these guys even try and protect their chins at all. The Alvarez one is better than I remember but he still doesn't cover up whilst Aldo bum rushes him. This was the difference I was pointing out a few pages back. Maybe its because they have to worry about kicks as well or the smaller gloves or something but they always look wide open compared to top boxers. None of these would work against Mayweather unless its just that the guy has dynamite in his punches. Check out the differences though in positioning and defence. These guys have little movement and stand right in front of you. The first one is embarrassingly bad. Its freaky the way Mayweather makes the best fighters in boxing miss or unload on him against the ropes. Imagine the balls it must take to let guys likes of Pacquiao or De La Hoya throw their lot at you. He just shakes his head and laughs :lol: