Mayweather vs McGregor - August 26th

Ryan_1

One thing I worry about for Connor is him having to fight against his instincts as an MMA fighter.  If he gets into some trouble in the fight, his instincts will be completely different to a boxers.  This could be a massive problem for him.

5 minutes ago, gogzy said:

One thing I worry about for Connor is him having to fight against his instincts as an MMA fighter.  If he gets into some trouble in the fight, his instincts will be completely different to a boxers.  This could be a massive problem for him.

Not the vast, almost inconceivable difference in skill level? 

Just now, lidorfc said:

You're so irrational.

lol it's been fun winding up people that think this is going to be an easy fight for Mayweather.   I think I said way earlier ITT that Floyd will probably win a boxing match,  and Connor would definitely win an MMA match.  That hasn't really changed too much.  

I do think that Connor has real KO power in his left, and if he catches Floyd with a really good clean shot, he might just KO him.  Most likely a points win for Floyd though,  or maybe him winning through DQ after connor does something stupid, like throw out an elbow, or try to choke him out :lol:

5 minutes ago, gogzy said:

lol it's been fun winding up people that think this is going to be an easy fight for Mayweather.   I think I said way earlier ITT that Floyd will probably win a boxing match,  and Connor would definitely win an MMA match.  That hasn't really changed too much.  

I do think that Connor has real KO power in his left, and if he catches Floyd with a really good clean shot, he might just KO him.  Most likely a points win for Floyd though,  or maybe him winning through DQ after connor does something stupid, like throw out an elbow, or try to choke him out :lol:

It is going to be an easy fight for Mayweather, there's no logical reason why it shouldn't be an easy fight.

1 hour ago, lidorfc said:

:lol: He was getting hit consistently in that video. If that's him, Mayweather will hit McGregor whenever he wants, not unexpected.

PS. Just got mad Deja Vu when typing that :lol: 

Exactly what I'd expect him to look like against a good boxer. The other guy is fast and dynamic, good footwork and dancing around. McGregor just looks slow and awkward. 

The amusing thing is the gap between Conor and Van heerden in that video is probably not far off the gap between Van Heerden and Mayweather.

3 hours ago, lidorfc said:

:lol: He was getting hit consistently in that video. If that's him, Mayweather will hit McGregor whenever he wants, not unexpected.

PS. Just got mad Deja Vu when typing that :lol: 

It's the footage that came out just after the fight was announced. it is him sparring with Chris van Heerden and I agree with posters above he stinks the place out . I can't see how anyone watches that and thinks he has an earthly . 

Shite acting from the pikey. If they were committed to tearing each other apart in a real fight then they would have aired real dirty laundry. To see their fans cheering and shouting when they mention how much money is in the pot frightens me. 'I just quadrupled my net worth' ... 'Yasssss' ... What a nightmare

Why the hell would anyone in the McGregor camp want that type of footage to come out in the public eye? To me, it's a setup, to make Mayweather camp think this guy has no fucking chance. These videos and rumours coming out about getting knocked out from the McGregor camp are to make people think he has no chance. 

Dont get me wrong, I still think this is as one sided of a boxing match you could possibly get at this level but McGregor is making it look even more one sided. Surley to fuck if he is that bad he wouldn't want Mayweather to know, let alone in the public eye. The way he's moving in that video is nothing like the way he can move in the octagon, hence the thinking he's throwing smoke.

Whatever anyone thinks on here, the fact everyone is talking about it and no doubt will watch one way or another means it's working whatever they are doing. 

Mayweather doesn't give a fuck about his record, only that it makes him more money. He was willing to walk away with 49-0, not caring about 50, but now the tax man is calling he jumps back in against the only man he can make money out of. One of the greatest ever but horrendous sportsman. 

7 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Why the hell would anyone in the McGregor camp want that type of footage to come out in the public eye? To me, it's a setup, to make Mayweather camp think this guy has no fucking chance. These videos and rumours coming out about getting knocked out from the McGregor camp are to make people think he has no chance. 

Dont get me wrong, I still think this is as one sided of a boxing match you could possibly get at this level but McGregor is making it look even more one sided. Surley to fuck if he is that bad he wouldn't want Mayweather to know, let alone in the public eye. The way he's moving in that video is nothing like the way he can move in the octagon, hence the thinking he's throwing smoke.

Whatever anyone thinks on here, the fact everyone is talking about it and no doubt will watch one way or another means it's working whatever they are doing. 

Mayweather doesn't give a fuck about his record, only that it makes him more money. He was willing to walk away with 49-0, not caring about 50, but now the tax man is calling he jumps back in against the only man he can make money out of. One of the greatest ever but horrendous sportsman. 

The boxer released it...

The McGregor camp released a flattering edit of the sparring session ages ago and Van Heerden's camp posted the actual unedited version.

5 hours ago, Creampuff said:

I've no idea where this "if McGregor catches him, it's a KO" rhetoric has come from. It's as though people think Mayweather has never been tagged before. 

Regardless of the method, this fight only has one winner. 

It came from MMA/McGregor fanboys that have never watched a Floyd Mayweather fight.

I don't necessarily think Mayweather has an iron chin or anything but what I will say is I have watched a lot of boxers and I have never seen anybody so good at defending when stunned. If you hit Mayweather flush once, you don't get to follow it up with a killer blow. He doesn't panic, he does the right thing, every time. Maybe this will have changed since his retirement, maybe not. 

9 hours ago, Creampuff said:

I've no idea where this "if McGregor catches him, it's a KO" rhetoric has come from. It's as though people think Mayweather has never been tagged before. 

Regardless of the method, this fight only has one winner. 

MMA fighters are attacked from a number of different ways, their defence has to be versatile to a number of different attacks. IMO its easier to KO an MMA fighter with a punch, than a boxer.

A UFC fighter does not have the defence against punching a boxer has, he does not have the timing, anticipation, feinting, countering or footwork a boxer has, from a punching perspective.

My prediction is that McGregor will be KO'd walking onto something. If Floyds legs are planted he will be the biggest puncher he has faced, maybe not by sheer brute force, but by timing and technique.

On 16/07/2017 at 11:59 AM, bombaybadboy08 said:

Used to love boxing but I'm firmly in the MMA camp now and although McGregor is not to be taken lightly, the chances of him knocking Floyd out or outboxing him are slim to none.

If Mayweather fights the way he can do then McGregor will be chasing shadows and will probably get caught and sparked out. I think McGregor will get frustrated as he can't get near Floyd and will make mistakes which will cost him.

Conor has had some excellent knockouts but bear in mind that his opponents have had to be wary of his feet as well and that affects the way you protect yourself, Floyd can stay calm knowing that he won't get sparked by a spinning kick so there's only going to be one winner, IMO.

There's literally zero chance of McGregor being knocked out. Floyd doesn't have that in him anymore. He's had one knockout in the last 9 years.

21 minutes ago, TheQueensEleven said:

There's literally zero chance of McGregor being knocked out. Floyd doesn't have that in him anymore. He's had one knockout in the last 9 years.

Floyd knocked Ortiz out because he had a clear shot at a guy who let his guard down. Any pro boxer with even average power could do that to anyone at any time. I wouldn't say there's "literally zero chance" of that happening against McGregor. Power is the last thing you lose. Floyd's trouble is he lost his guts and his spite and chased the money rather than the KO.

1 hour ago, JamieD said:

Floyd knocked Ortiz out because he had a clear shot at a guy who let his guard down. Any pro boxer with even average power could do that to anyone at any time. I wouldn't say there's "literally zero chance" of that happening against McGregor. Power is the last thing you lose. Floyd's trouble is he lost his guts and his spite and chased the money rather than the KO.

Floyd's trouble is his hands are gone and he fully admits that. That's why he's taken up a defensive style. You're talking about a guy whos taking hard hits with punches, kicks, knees, elbows and is still incredibly hard to knock out. I just don't see it happening.

Some people just have stronger chins than others.