Mayweather vs McGregor - August 26th

Ryan_1

32 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

A total farce, this brings boxing down to the level of WWE. In saying that lots of people will pay to watch it and take it seriously, the sort of people who used to watch big daddy v giant haystacks and lap it up.

Just read the thread ffs, the amount of people taking this serious is embarrassing.

Will it go the distance, if a KO it's McGregor's etc :duh:

Fuck sake geez peace, the two of them are taking the piss out of yous, if you were all 10 year old kids I'd understand it.

7 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Just read the thread ffs, the amount of people taking this serious is embarrassing.

Fuck sake geez peace, the two of them are taking the piss out of yous, if you were all 10 year old kids I'd understand it.

Taking the piss, exactly that. Watched the bloke who is the president of UFC or something on SKY sports news last night trying to convince us all that this would be a real sporting contest, it looked as though he was having a real job in stopping himself laughing and no fucking wonder.

8 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Taking the piss, exactly that. Watched the bloke who is the president of UFC or something on SKY sports news last night trying to convince us all that this would be a real sporting contest, it looked as though he was having a real job in stopping himself laughing and no fucking wonder.

And the naïve and gullible lap it up ...

Five pages of people saying it's a farce and McGregor is going to get leathered, I won't be paying etc. 

Boring bastards. A one sided fight it may be but the magnitude of this fight and the event may never happen ever again in our lifetime. 

Don't get me wrong I'm a massive McGregor fan and certainly have the blinkers on but I'm all in for the ride of it all.

Bit like Antigua getting a bye all the way to the World Cup final and playing Brazil in the final, total mismatch on paper but it's the World Cup final you are going to tune in and wonder what if, just maybe.. 

13 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

Five pages of people saying it's a farce and McGregor is going to get leathered, I won't be paying etc. 

Boring bastards. A one sided fight it may be but the magnitude of this fight and the event may never happen ever again in our lifetime. 

Don't get me wrong I'm a massive McGregor fan and certainly have the blinkers on but I'm all in for the ride of it all.

Bit like Antigua getting a bye all the way to the World Cup final and playing Brazil in the final, total mismatch on paper but it's the World Cup final you are going to tune in and wonder what if, just maybe.. 

Well in that case theres a bloke I know setting up syndicate for a greyhound of his that he reckons has a real chance in next years grand national at aintree, hes looking for backing from chaps such as yourself.....

2 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Well in that case theres a bloke I know setting up syndicate for a greyhound of his that he reckons has a real chance in next years grand national at aintree, hes looking for backing from chaps such as yourself.....

Really?

Take all my money. 

2 hours ago, Ryan_1 said:

:lol:

Magnitude of the fight :lol:

What age are you Ryan, do you have posters of McGregor up on your bedroom wall?

Geez peace for fuck sake, it's a total piss take, with those coining it from silly wee boys, laughing like fuck.

A pantomime, if you think this is serious in any way whatsoever, you need to get out more ...

Fuck sake :lol:

I don't get why people are so offended, it's a spectacle, something we get very little of these days.

The fact it will be the highest grossing combat sports event ever tells you everything. People want to see it, as much as all the butt hurt folks go on about it being a joke etc, you will be watching with the rest of us.

1 hour ago, JimmyCR1 said:

I don't get why people are so offended, it's a spectacle, something we get very little of these days.

The fact it will be the highest grossing combat sports event ever tells you everything. People want to see it, as much as all the butt hurt folks go on about it being a joke etc, you will be watching with the rest of us.

I can guarantee you here and now I won't, maybe a clip of the 'ending' after it, when it's posted online the next day if I'm bored surfing the net.

I'm personally not offended, why would I be?

I don't watch the staged WWF wrestling, or whatever it's called either if that helps you understand. I do watch proper, professional boxing though.

If people want to pay so much to watch a pantomime, a 'show', that's entirely their prerogative.

Likewise, me thinking it's a piss take by those involved, with the naïve and gullible lapping it up, is my prerogative.

But yea, I agree it will certainly be a spectacle, and fair play to McGregor for doing his 'showman' persona this well, and actually getting this too happen. Mega money for those involved. So much so, wouldn't surprise me if they can milk it more, rematch ...

People saying Mayweather wont be able to KO him :lol: 

Aye he doesnt have the strongest punch and the scumbag has a decent chin but if Mayweather takes it seriously and is pounding him from the start it'll be over within 3.

It's a sham but al probably watch it just to see that wanker get his head punched in

7 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

People saying Mayweather wont be able to KO him :lol: 

Aye he doesnt have the strongest punch and the scumbag has a decent chin but if Mayweather takes it seriously and is pounding him from the start it'll be over within 3.

It's a sham but al probably watch it just to see that wanker get his head punched in

They'll probably play it but a bit, mate, I mean, Dick Turpin wore a mask and all that ...

Never mind not wanting to be too blatant, when could coin it in again with a rematch ...

1 minute ago, Siam69 said:

They'll probably play it but a bit, mate, I mean, Dick Turpin wore a mask and all that ...

Never mind not wanting to be too blatant, when could coin it in again with a rematch ...

100% but there are people claiming Mayweather couldnt knock him out, find that baffling.

It's actually a con and people should wake up to it. Mayweather will CARRY McGregor for 12 rounds for the show of it to give the audience the full show. It is simply an exhibition because it will basically be two people doing a combat version of ballet, no one is going to get knocked out, Mayweather knows he has won the fight before the first bell and McGregor can not HIT him in a boxing match.

If people want to get conned out of money, OK. The only interesting thing about it is the press conferences. 

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 9:57 AM, Siam69 said:

Magnitude of the fight :lol:

What age are you Ryan, do you have posters of McGregor up on your bedroom wall?

Geez peace for fuck sake, it's a total piss take, with those coining it from silly wee boys, laughing like fuck.

A pantomime, if you think this is serious in any way whatsoever, you need to get out more ...

Fuck sake :lol:

Its happened before :lol:

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 0:33 PM, jackg93 said:

Looking at the early odds for this, Mayweather is 1/6 and McGregor around 5/1. Mayweather will have ko'd him out within three rounds. 

That's an easy 100 pounds for 600. On paper its as good as a guarantee. Is Mayweather enough of a money grabber to let this be a win for this guy or even a draw so they can make even more on a rematch? Does this count as an official boxing match? Seems like a daft question but didn't this Conor have to get some type of license for this fight?

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 8:58 AM, Siam69 said:

yeah .It was written into their contract . Lets all do and say all these things ,to take the piss out of these poor wee souls, on that brilliant site..... that is Rangers media