Mayweather vs McGregor - August 26th

Ryan_1

44 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

:lol:

Believe me he is, he's also a fan of the IRA and saying "Fuck the Queen", look at his twitter history for proof. Or simply google "Conor McGregor Celtic fan" for all the proof you'll need

He's a filthy republican cunt, can't wait to see him get humiliated in the ring 

Never mind just realised "Foggy Dew" is his entrance music...

11 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

Actually anyone who pays for it in America is even worse, 100 dollars for that. The only way you could justify it to some degree if it was a get together and make a night of it. But if your on your own don't bother. 

Aye a do grudge paying a score man , but it's basically on tic cause it comes off the next sky bill lol

18 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

Actually anyone who pays for it in America is even worse, 100 dollars for that. The only way you could justify it to some degree if it was a get together and make a night of it. But if your on your own don't bother. 

Calm doon bud it's only £20 ,if any1 wants to buy it it doesn't make them a mug ?Il no bother paying for it but don't care if any1 else does it's there money ,dropped more running for a bus as some1 famous 1s said on here 

20 minutes ago, EMRFC said:

Never mind just realised "Foggy Dew" is his entrance music...

Not defending the pape lol but I do remember him getting pelters for wearing a poppy during an interview and his reply was ftq and fuck those who are probly just C*lt*c fans sitting with a pint in their hand knowing fuck all about being a warrior or some Shite like that.... he did say wearing the poppy is for all wars etc... still a fucking taig right enuff lol....

• 2 weeks later...

Seen a couple of videos of McGregor's training and he looks like he is struggling to adapt to boxing. 

Fuck knows what this one is about either. It's like an octopuss having a tantrum :lol:

No doubt the guy is just trying to use what he's already good at or seeing if he can find some sort of effective move but doubt it will work because boxers and coaches will have tried everything already. 

Surprised he dropped Malignaggi in sparring but he looks as if he's spent months on the curries and was never on Mayweathers level anyway. 

Mcgregor's a good lad though. He's made sure that Floyd will be wanting to KO him even more now :lol:

Get your money on Mayweather stopping him. He doesn't look like he can box to save himself. 

Still think it's all a show from McGregor. He knows what he's doing and that's to get people like the previous poster to lap up the fact he's never boxed professionally before and looks terrible to therefor underestimate him massively. He ain't gonna show what he can do till the night itself. 

Saying that I think he's still gonna lose, probably on points.

4 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Still think it's all a show from McGregor. He knows what he's doing and that's to get people like the previous poster to lap up the fact he's never boxed professionally before and looks terrible to therefor underestimate him massively. He ain't gonna show what he can do till the night itself. 

Saying that I think he's still gonna lose, probably on points.

Aye he got me good right enough. The guy's struggling to look decent in training ffs :lol:

He also a proud guy with a fight to sell. Do you really think he is deliberately trying to look awful in front of the media and the millions around the world who will see it? I suppose you must if you think its all part of a ruse to get people to lap it up. Mayweather's downplaying his own ability and talking McGregor up to try and sell the fight as a genuine contest. The last thing it needs for its credibility is for McGregor to intentionally look bad. McGregor will be trying to look as good as he can and that's why he's showing edited videos of himself looking good in sparring. No doubt the same reason why he didn't take Lomachenko up on his offer to train with him or go for someone in shape and with more power than Malignaggi.

Did you just come up with that theory because you like the guy? You did didn't you :mutley: 

I doubt any martial artist is going to look good in a boxing ring or vice versa when coming up against one of the best in the sport. The clips and all the "I own boxing" "I'll knock him out in four" "Canelo needs to improve his footwork" trash talk just makes the whole thing funnier. The boys a good laugh and the best bit is that he doesn't even look embarrassed when he comes out with this stuff. He's walked into boxing shouting louder than Ali in his prime without having a fight :lol:  

Get your money on Mayweather stopping him and/or him not winning a round. It would be the same if Mayweather was daft and was in an MMA fight. 

8 hours ago, William McBeath said:

McGregor will be trying to look as good as he can and that's why he's showing edited videos of himself looking good in sparring. No doubt the same reason why he didn't take Lomachenko up on his offer to train with him

Aye because he really needs to spar with a much lighter southpaw ? that'll set him right up for Mayweather. 

35 minutes ago, TheQueensEleven said:

Aye because he really needs to spar with a much lighter southpaw ? that'll set him right up for Mayweather. 

Lomachenko would bitch slap both of them he's the future ffs Connor was outboxed by Nate Diaz 

1 hour ago, TheQueensEleven said:

Exactly. Do you not thnk a novice southpaw can learn from Lomachenko? He'd be able to help McGregor out much more than the Irish kid or an out of shape Malignaggi. You think someone can't train and learn a lot from a lighter fighter? :lol:

What is it with jokers on here nitpicking at small parts of posts? Especially when trying to rip the piss when they obviously don't have much of a clue. Anyone who believes Lomachenko wouldn't be useful to a novice southpaw going up against another very skilful boxer like Mayweather is missing something :headscratch:

Just now, William McBeath said:

Exactly. Do you not thnk a novice southpaw can learn from Lomachenko? He'd be able to help McGregor out much more than the Irish kid or an out of shape Malignaggi. You think someone can't train and learn a lot from a lighter fighter? :lol:

What is it with jokers on here nitpicking at small parts of posts? Especially when trying to rip the piss when they obviously don't have much of a clue. Anyone who believes Lomachenko wouldn't be useful to a novice southpaw going up against another very skilful boxer like Mayweather is missing something :headscratch:

Not when it comes to sparring against him. He could obviously without a doubt help when it comes to technique etc. That's not what he's looking for though. He's looking for someone to spar against. Someone who is a similar size, similar fight style. McGregor isn't going to come out with a clean boxing style. He's not a boxer. It would be much easier for Lomachenko to assist someone new to boxing who doesn't already have a fight style they've used for years. 

6 minutes ago, TheQueensEleven said:

Not when it comes to sparring against him. He could obviously without a doubt help when it comes to technique etc. That's not what he's looking for though. He's looking for someone to spar against. Someone who is a similar size, similar fight style. McGregor isn't going to come out with a clean boxing style. He's not a boxer. It would be much easier for Lomachenko to assist someone new to boxing who doesn't already have a fight style they've used for years. 

Fair enough. I was only posting a couple of videos because those uppercuts and moves made me laugh. I almost want him to win as its not right that its an official bout and Mayweather can take a record against a guy with no boxing experience. Its disrespectful to the sport, Marciano, and every cunt else who lost their 0 fighting top guys.   

1 hour ago, TheQueensEleven said:

Wholeheartedly agree. Best pound for pound boxer ever.

Just seen your original post wasn't actually ripping into me that much. Was on my phone so my apologies for my cranky reply :mutley:

You like him that much eh? Does look amazing and I'm also a big fan of him. Not seen anyone who's movement is that good I don't think. It opens opponents up so much that even I could hit them. Great to watch. His destruction of Russel and Walters were superb and even more so because he doesn't even carry great KO power. Its only that and the fact I've never seen anyone hit him much that makes me wonder if he's going to be an all time great. Shame he's already 29 and only has 9 fights. There is talk of him fighting Garcia. That would be good to see. If he comes through that then I don't see anyone coping with him at smaller weights than the likes of Crawford.

Just thinking about it, its crap he's already 29 or else we'd have another 15 years of him. 

55 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

Fair enough. I was only posting a couple of videos because those uppercuts and moves made me laugh. I almost want him to win as its not right that its an official bout and Mayweather can take a record against a guy with no boxing experience. Its disrespectful to the sport, Marciano, and every cunt else who lost their 0 fighting top guys.   

When Mayweather wins there has to be an * against this fight. No way should he be claiming to be the greatest after beating a guy who is 0-0 in pro boxing.

He should go down in history as the greatest cherry picker of all time.

17 hours ago, William McBeath said:

Seen a couple of videos of McGregor's training and he looks like he is struggling to adapt to boxing. 

Fuck knows what this one is about either. It's like an octopuss having a tantrum :lol:

No doubt the guy is just trying to use what he's already good at or seeing if he can find some sort of effective move but doubt it will work because boxers and coaches will have tried everything already. 

Surprised he dropped Malignaggi in sparring but he looks as if he's spent months on the curries and was never on Mayweathers level anyway. 

Mcgregor's a good lad though. He's made sure that Floyd will be wanting to KO him even more now :lol:

Get your money on Mayweather stopping him. He doesn't look like he can box to save himself. 

look at the corner, tells you everything you need to know about this guy, hes a TIT.  

4 minutes ago, callumbo87 said:

When Mayweather wins there has to be an * against this fight. No way should he be claiming to be the greatest after beating a guy who is 0-0 in pro boxing.

He should go down in history as the greatest cherry picker of all time.

Yeah its the bit that pisses me off and I'm surprised the boxing mob isn't saying more about it. Mayweather's whole claim to be a possible greatest of all time is a nonsense to me. Perhaps greatest of all time at smaller weights when he done it all although no doubt a lot of former small fighters from the past might dispute it.

Going undefeated is only part of the CV though and doesn't make you the best ever like some of his fans claim. Lots of things go towards their records. Mayweather has done the lot though but so have others. If you look at the fights, the rise through weight classes, opponents, the fighting style, continuing to carry a lot of power, and fighting people whenever I'd rate Pacquaio above him let alone the likes of Ali, Leonard etc.

I suppose it just depends on the style you prefer as he does deserve big recognition as he eventually thought most of them he could in his career and managed to always look good. It is unreal how good he is at evading the best punchers in the world in such a small ring for 12 rounds and out pointing them. He's the best I've seen at using the rules, scoring points, watching the clock, and always staying ahead in a fight. If he did fall behind or need to pull a KO out the bag though he would struggle more than many other boxers. Against the very best at 147 and above he cant really come forward and follow up on his good punches without getting chased away so its not the full package like earlier in his career.

But aye this fight shouldn't be official. That's why I would laugh if he somehow managed to get himself knocked out by McGregor.  

1 hour ago, William McBeath said:

Just seen your original post wasn't actually ripping into me that much. Was on my phone so my apologies for my cranky reply :mutley:

You like him that much eh? Does look amazing and I'm also a big fan of him. Not seen anyone who's movement is that good I don't think. It opens opponents up so much that even I could hit them. Great to watch. His destruction of Russel and Walters were superb and even more so because he doesn't even carry great KO power. Its only that and the fact I've never seen anyone hit him much that makes me wonder if he's going to be an all time great. Shame he's already 29 and only has 9 fights. There is talk of him fighting Garcia. That would be good to see. If he comes through that then I don't see anyone coping with him at smaller weights than the likes of Crawford.

Just thinking about it, its crap he's already 29 or else we'd have another 15 years of him. 

Don't worry about it.

I do. The man has got it. His fight IQ is phenomenal and while he might not be the quickest or most powerful ever, his ability to combine everything and his movement allows him to just dust off people and it's outstanding to watch.

They don't call him Matrix for nothing haha. A fight with Garcia is a certainty, said as much himself.

7 hours ago, William McBeath said:

Yeah its the bit that pisses me off and I'm surprised the boxing mob isn't saying more about it. Mayweather's whole claim to be a possible greatest of all time is a nonsense to me. Perhaps greatest of all time at smaller weights when he done it all although no doubt a lot of former small fighters from the past might dispute it.

Going undefeated is only part of the CV though and doesn't make you the best ever like some of his fans claim. Lots of things go towards their records. Mayweather has done the lot though but so have others. If you look at the fights, the rise through weight classes, opponents, the fighting style, continuing to carry a lot of power, and fighting people whenever I'd rate Pacquaio above him let alone the likes of Ali, Leonard etc.

I suppose it just depends on the style you prefer as he does deserve big recognition as he eventually thought most of them he could in his career and managed to always look good. It is unreal how good he is at evading the best punchers in the world in such a small ring for 12 rounds and out pointing them. He's the best I've seen at using the rules, scoring points, watching the clock, and always staying ahead in a fight. If he did fall behind or need to pull a KO out the bag though he would struggle more than many other boxers. Against the very best at 147 and above he cant really come forward and follow up on his good punches without getting chased away so its not the full package like earlier in his career.

But aye this fight shouldn't be official. That's why I would laugh if he somehow managed to get himself knocked out by McGregor.  

Totally agree.

mayweather is one of if not the greatest at Super Featherweight, the way he took apart Corrales(rip) was sublime. Lightweight, he is in my book up there as one of the greats, Castillo fights, arguably lost the first but destroyed him in the second fight.

At welterweight he took care of business but didn't fight Cotto(in his prime), avoided Margarito and instead fought guys like Hatton and Marquez who were natural 140 guys.

If you look at his record beyond that, guys like De la Hoya, Mosley, cotto and I would put PAC in with this were all old and shop worn. Had he faced PAC man 5 years earlier when both were in their prime he would have in my opinion been in more trouble.

One of the greatest defensive fighters of all time along side sweet pea but as far as the best ever due to his 0 record, bullshit.

9 hours ago, TheQueensEleven said:

Don't worry about it.

I do. The man has got it. His fight IQ is phenomenal and while he might not be the quickest or most powerful ever, his ability to combine everything and his movement allows him to just dust off people and it's outstanding to watch.

They don't call him Matrix for nothing haha. A fight with Garcia is a certainty, said as much himself.

I looked at a good few highlights of him a few months ago but never seen a whole fight, is he actually that good? I've seen a good few people mention how good he is now