Mayweather vs McGregor - August 26th

Ryan_1

11 hours ago, callumbo87 said:

When Mayweather wins there has to be an * against this fight. No way should he be claiming to be the greatest after beating a guy who is 0-0 in pro boxing.

He should go down in history as the greatest cherry picker of all time.

I don't think there's any question that nobody will take the 50-0 record seriously. The only upside for Mayweather in all of this is for his wallet. His reputation suffers whatever the result.

On 14/06/2017 at 10:50 PM, Ryan_1 said:

Regardless what you think of it as a contest, we'll all be watching. 

Most probably the biggest event ever. 

I'm looking forward to the spectacle. 

:lol: 

Not a chance.

The things a fucking farce.

5 hours ago, JimmyCR1 said:

It's most definitely the biggest event ever, will eclipse everything before it in PPV buys and gate sales.

On inflation alone. There used to be crowds in the hundreds of thousands for heavyweight title fights.

On 14/08/2017 at 10:33 PM, JamieD said:

On inflation alone. There used to be crowds in the hundreds of thousands for heavyweight title fights.

I can't remember the boxing match (I'm not big on boxing tbh and don't keep track) but there was a fight, a big fight, in America recently and I remember reading that the prime front row seats were 330k per seat. 

Fucking unreal. 

On 8/14/2017 at 4:46 PM, JimmyCR1 said:

It's most definitely the biggest event ever, will eclipse everything before it in PPV buys and gate sales.

That is irrelevant. The world has more money now. Sport is now accessible even in the jungles of the Amazon. Of course the ppv moneys will keep going up, but it is still a shite circus of an event.
When Muhammad Ali fought Joe Frazier the world stopped for it. The PPV may have been shite, but the world watched or listened or waited on a newsflash.

Same with his other fights during his peak. No one actually gives a fuck about this fight, other than curiosity value as to what will happen. What is guaranteed is they will hug at the end and thank each other for milking the idiots of the world for their money.

Haye getting some laughs in now. The uppercuts got me :lol:

To be fair martial arts have always had more of a reputation for eccentric stuff than western boxing. Would enjoy being there if McGregor bumps into some of the guys who've been clowning him. Hard to believe given he has a big fight coming up but he's supposedly said he only got Malignaggi in to give him a beating for bad mouthing him. Got to like the cunt for acting like a dude down the pub on the eve of such a big fight :lol:

28 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

what a pantomime. Mayweather easily wins the first one and mcgregor easily wins the 2nd under MMA rules and both walk away laughing like fuck that people are so gullible as to believe any of it is real

Mayweather will never fight with MMA rules. We would get murdered.

10 hours ago, Blue Blooded said:

That is irrelevant. The world has more money now. Sport is now accessible even in the jungles of the Amazon. Of course the ppv moneys will keep going up, but it is still a shite circus of an event.
When Muhammad Ali fought Joe Frazier the world stopped for it. The PPV may have been shite, but the world watched or listened or waited on a newsflash.

Same with his other fights during his peak. No one actually gives a fuck about this fight, other than curiosity value as to what will happen. What is guaranteed is they will hug at the end and thank each other for milking the idiots of the world for their money.

The world seems happy enough to pay their money and watch it, so I don't see where the problem is. 

There's no current boxers Floyd felt would be worthy of coming out of retirement for. it took an mma guy, think that says a lot about the current state of boxing.

I think it's good for both sports, gets people talking and invested again.

46 minutes ago, JimmyCR1 said:

The world seems happy enough to pay their money and watch it, so I don't see where the problem is. 

There's no current boxers Floyd felt would be worthy of coming out of retirement for. it took an mma guy, think that says a lot about the current state of boxing.

I think it's good for both sports, gets people talking and invested again.

It is daft, but people will watch anything. MMA definitely doesn't need it, as it has grown hand over fist in the last 10 years, and is still growing. Whether FM needs it for tax etc who knows, but he wouldn't be the first multi millionaire to run into money problems!
It is nothing but a money making exercise for both men. 

If I am up, I will watch on a stream, but I wouldn't pay a penny for it.