Travel Club

blueretro

Why do the club charge season ticket holders £20 for the opportunity to buy European away tickets? They don't do it for domestic games so why do it for Europe? They already have all our details so it can't be admin related. Could you imagine the uproar if they did the same for cup finals etc. £20 to be entered into a ballet with no guarantee of getting a ticket. Seems a bit of a ripoff to me. 

If they opened the Travel club to non season ticket holders, I could understand an admin fee being applied to that.

Because they know people will pay it and it's a good money making opportunity. 

Anyone any ideas how many people have signed up so far?  

I could be well wrong here but reckon at least 5000? Maybe 10000?

That's between £100k and £200k of funds. 

3 hours ago, LoyalRanger86 said:

Well how would you do it?

I wouldn't charge season ticket holders, I would make it an option on CCCS. I would also open it up to non season ticket holders and charge them £20 to join

11 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

£20 to join the travel club? Doesn't seem unreasonable to me

£20 as a one off fee and that's you in for life might be OK. But £20 just for the possibility of getting a ticket seems a bit much. We might only have one Euro away game next season.

2 minutes ago, blueretro said:

£20 as a one off fee and that's you in for life might be OK. But £20 just for the possibility of getting a ticket seems a bit much. We might only have one Euro away game next season.

Haven't seen the email I assumed it was £20 to join the Club

is it really £20 just to enter a ticket ballot?

Just now, With Heart and Hand said:

Haven't seen the email I assumed it was £20 to join the Club

is it really £20 just to enter a ticket ballot?

It's £20 per season. It doesn't necessary get you in a ballot. If tickets are limited and you don't have enough points you won't even get in the ballot

5 hours ago, blueretro said:

I wouldn't charge season ticket holders, I would make it an option on CCCS. I would also open it up to non season ticket holders and charge them £20 to join

Don't think it should be opened up to non season ticket holders 

There's clubs in Europe that do monthly, and weekly, season tickets. They collect the money by DD before each game, or at the start of the month. Fans who can't afford to pay their ST in one lump sum use this. I think that they have to pay for every home game, whether they can be there or not, including cup games. This could be good for guys that have a family to support, as well as his team.

4 minutes ago, cp9 said:

Trying to upload a photo from my iPhone but it's saying it's too big.... anyone got a way to get round this?

I emailed the address on the travel club info site along with my Rangers number.

Susan at the club replied back after an hour or so saying they'd uploaded it, which it had been.

Am sure there's easy ways of sorting it yourself but I couldn't, delighted with the club response.

7 minutes ago, cp9 said:

Trying to upload a photo from my iPhone but it's saying it's too big.... anyone got a way to get round this?

Email them ASAP. I emailed yesterday morning and they got back to me quite late saying they had uploaded a photo. Probably depends on how many emails they get per day as to how many they can upload

7 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I emailed the address on the travel club info site along with my Rangers number.

Susan at the club replied back after an hour or so saying they'd uploaded it, which it had been.

Am sure there's easy ways of sorting it yourself but I couldn't, delighted with the club response.

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Email them ASAP. I emailed yesterday morning and they got back to me quite late saying they had uploaded a photo. Probably depends on how many emails they get per day as to how many they can upload

Cheers guys

9 hours ago, cp9 said:

You could try emailing the photo to yourself and you will receive it in a smaller size. Not very technical, but I tried it for something else and it worked

1 minute ago, blueretro said:

You could try emailing the photo to yourself and you will receive it in a smaller size. Not very technical, but I tried it for something else and it worked

Ended up going on Paint and cropping it until it worked. Posted it with no chin, ears or hair. :lol: