Gaz52

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I can't help feeling he has made a big mistake here, but then again Sunderland are not going to go straight up so he would probably be out of a job in January. Perhaps he really is waiting for the Rangers post, biding his time to see if Pedro crashes.

Regardless of what happens over the next few months with PC, I would not want McInnes anywhere near our club.  His record is not good at all. Another overrated Scottish manager who was found out when he moved down south.  I guess that's why he is staying put at Pittodrie. 

3 minutes ago, deco19761 said:

Worrying thing is though of their non exec director who sold his business for over 600m actual wants to go e.them 30m along with their new stadium . Much more than we.have at the moment.  At the moment 

Aberdeen Council tax payers will be footing that bill, all Aberdeen bears should be keeping a VERY close eye on that development - Milne is very close with ACC and they have helped make him millions over the past 30 years.

44 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Aberdeen Council tax payers will be footing that bill, all Aberdeen bears should be keeping a VERY close eye on that development - Milne is very close with ACC and they have helped make him millions over the past 30 years.

That's partly why it's stalled. Some of the dealings with Milne were scrutinised when Aberdeenshire council were on the brink of going bust. This stadium has been talked about for years; Milne won't get the same level of support he would have from the council years ago. On top of that, the residents in Kingsford are largely opposed to the new stadium. 

I'll be surprised if it goes ahead, as Aberdeen FC will have to fund the building of it, spend money on the surrounding area and would have to spend money elsewhere to make up for the environmental issues. 

42 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Sunderland are a diabolical football side.

You're not wrong..Over £160 million in debt, and I think he has been very clever in knocking them back..It is a basket case of a Club..Plus he would have been told that he was getting less wages than Bain..:mutley:

50 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

You're not wrong..Over £160 million in debt, and I think he has been very clever in knocking them back..It is a basket case of a Club..Plus he would have been told that he was getting less wages than Bain..:mutley:

Sunderland have had a lucky escape too, in fairness. All due respect to Walter, but was he really suggesting McInnes over a sterling Aberdeen stint or because they're pals? We've heard from all the usual suspects over the last few years how well he's done at Aberdeen, and yet all he's achieved is one League Cup win and one season of challenging Celtic (and bottling it). Sunderland need to get their next appointment right, or they could end up in another relegation battle; I think they'd more likely be in one under McInnes than they would be in the promotion chase. 

19 hours ago, King Jela said:

Not to worry, it'll be fine..

IMG_3020.PNG

Re-take our throne? LOL!

I would love to see them get relegated, even though I'd miss playing them four times a season. It would be great fun just for the banter. There'd be a NEW FIRM derby in the Championship for them to get excited about..????????????

12 hours ago, Trooblue said:

Regardless of what happens over the next few months with PC, I would not want McInnes anywhere near our club.  His record is not good at all. Another overrated Scottish manager who was found out when he moved down south.  I guess that's why he is staying put at Pittodrie. 

There are loads of decent Scottish managers have went down South and it's not worked out. Walter Smith was sacked by Everton in his only spell managing in England. There is more to it than just their ability as a manager. McInnes has done well as a manager. I reckon he must be holding out for something else although it's definitely a big risk on his part.

59 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

A singular lack of ambition from McInnes knocking this back. It's only down from here for Aberdeen.

Exactly - he can't take them any further.

Plus the fact he's losing or lost at least a 3rd of his starting 11 shows he'll have his work cut out just trying to maintain their current levels never mind increase the level of quality to try and get ahead of us.