Aberdeen in turmoil..

Gaz52

I think he's had a very tough decision. Sunderland are a shambles, and with Bain in charge you know they're going to make some bad decisions. 

They're a big club on paper, but if he goes there and fails (which most managers will) he probably loses any respect he has in England and mucks up his chances for any future jobs south of the border. 

On the other hand, finishing 3rd this season would be a really good year for the sheep, seeing as their side is being ripped apart. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sunderland is a graveyard for managers. They could really struggle in Championship with a disinterested owner, and no investment. They've cashed in on their main asset Pickford, and look set to lose Defoe to Bournemouth.

McInnes would be lucky to see the season out down there imo.

2 hours ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

Sunderland is a graveyard for managers. They could really struggle in Championship with a disinterested owner, and no investment. They've cashed in on their main asset Pickford, and look set to lose Defoe to Bournemouth.

McInnes would be lucky to see the season out down there imo.

Even if Sunderland are poor, this would have put him on the radar down south more and he could have been poached to a different / better team... if he managed to keep Sunderland at a respectable position in the leagvue. 

I think he's shot himself in the foot here by not taking the job. 

8 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Even if Sunderland are poor, this would have put him on the radar down south more and he could have been poached to a different / better team... if he managed to keep Sunderland at a respectable position in the leagvue. 

I think he's shot himself in the foot here by not taking the job. 

Maybe it's a case of once bitten after his spell at Bristol City.

It didn't work out well for Di Canio and Poyet, who both did well at their previous clubs before they took the job on.

I reckon wee Dick knew the club was a basket case after he kept them up, but was persuaded to stay.