Sign in to follow this  
Rangers_no1

***** The Official Rangers vs Progrès Niederkorn Thread*****

Besides Kranjcar, there's absolutely no-one in our team that looks as though they can take the ball forward. Without him, it's a choice between a big punt upfield, let Tav run into the fullback, or let Wallace do his shitey wee one-two and run off the pitch. 

We've less chance of penetration than an ugly ginger wae a chode.

Seems to continue in a theme from last season.  

Start waghorn no goals.

Friendlies - No goals.

Tonight really lack of chances to score for the Main Striker 

I just really dont like 1 up front unless its a big lad that can head and we are smashing cross after cross into the box.

Was really excited , bit still seeing maf decisions happening.

Miller dropping into Midfield.....Waghorn starting,  Holt Starting. 

I know its insanely early in the season.

Great to be back in europe though. 

12 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Obviously easy (and valid) to criticise strikers like Waghorn for their lack of killer instinct, but the real worry is our ability to create chances, not to convert them. Morelos could be the best No.9 in the world, but without opportunities, he's rendered useless. 

Hate to agree with Michael Stewart but without Nico we have no one capable of opening defences 

1 minute ago, sausagetrunks said:

that wee team done their job.

That wee team have only ever scored 1 goal in Europe 1 goal in all there Euro games. They have drew twice a 0-0 and a 1-1 that got them there 1 goal.

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

Pretty poor but not going overboard. Loads of new players, first game of the season after only 3 pre season games. 

Expect us to be a bit sharper on Tuesday and put a few past this mob.

Tuesday?

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

Not been great but these early ties are always potential banana skins and we've won. St Johnstone just got beat at home off of FK Trakai.

Exactly. Plenty of better, more expensive squads who've struggled to grind out a home win against dross opposition in June or July. We'll only get better - in terms of cohesion and personnel. 

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

I enjoyed most of that.

We we miles the better team, just a bit rusty,  some of the moves and passing was excellent.  We also have more players to come, so that line up will most likely be nothing like the one we start the season with.

cautiously optimistic with that. I think we should have enough to win the away leg. Especially if couple more of our new signings can get in the team.

Here's hoping we get the away leg for our tenner mate :lol: 

AlbertzLoyalRSC and gogzy like this

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

It's not good enough as we still have dross players playing for us .

Niko got the plaudits when he went off . He is finished from what I can see

A step in level and he will be found out . Easy

Lets get real here . We were playing no one , It wasn't about the score line or the performance .

It was about the players that took the field . I was hoping to get excited and I wasn't .

Some of the defending by Tav was embarrassing , schoolboy stuff

Waghorn . Jesus fuck . It's just a bad dream

We Know what Kenny can do but we know himself and Waghorn are just not good enough together .

They don't link up .

The menu will have to be completely different than this for the start of the season

Spot on , so far theres nothing there thats going to take the title off the scum this year.

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

I enjoyed most of that.

We we miles the better team, just a bit rusty,  some of the moves and passing was excellent.  We also have more players to come, so that line up will most likely be nothing like the one we start the season with.

cautiously optimistic with that. I think we should have enough to win the away leg. Especially if couple more of our new signings can get in the team.

agreed gogzy, good well balanced post

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

Pretty poor but not going overboard. Loads of new players, first game of the season after only 3 pre season games. 

Expect us to be a bit sharper on Tuesday and put a few past this mob.

Yup. My thoughts exactly.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Here's hoping we get the away leg for our tenner mate :lol: 

THey said they would only be showing it if it were still a contest, which is clearly is.  We hopefully will :D

.Williamson. likes this

1 minute ago, Murray Loyal said:

Morelos starts and we win 4-0 imo. Poor decision from the manager

It'll be interesting to see how he links up with Kranjcar. Niko and Waghorn are just not on the same wavelength. In fact, I'm not even sure Waghorns on the same spectrum.

Just now, gogzy said:

I enjoyed most of that.

that wee team dealt with us very easily tbh.  How Waghorn stayed on for 75 mins? he brings nothing to our game. some of the crossing was howling btw. 

Begs the question, why on earth haven't we had more meaningful friendlies before this. 

That was a glorified friendly type game where we were slow and lathrgic in the second half. 

Expect us to improve but a lack of cutting edge is evident. We need to sign Walker and Dorrans.