Sign in to follow this  
Rangers_no1

***** The Official Rangers vs Progrès Niederkorn Thread*****

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

2 goals in 3 games says it all.

We need 4 more players on top of Pena and Herrera in Midfield/forward areas.

Yeah I hope Pedro is right in saying he wants 3 or 4 more because we clearly need it. Niko was the only one tonight who looked like he could create chances. 

Same old shit - no real discernable gameplan, a bit all over the place, too much sideways passing and not enough quality in the final third but this ended up being the protypical pre-season sort of game, we just ran out of steam. With Pena, Dorrans, Herrera all coming in I'd hope for much better.

On the positive note, Cardoso looks very capable, Candeias can really cross a ball, Jack looked great, JORDAN ROSSITER WAS ACTUALLY PLAYING FOOTBALL, Niko was brilliant, and Morelos did more despite not doing all that much in 15 minutes then Waghorn did in 75.

Just please, please get Waghorn away. I don't like to jump on bandwagons but he isn't good enough. It was like playing with a man down today, he offered absolutely nothing.

Also, the Ref was shit. Did he really book that guy twice? :lol:

Just now, rangersross said:

Fuck off! Mental opinion. 

He was a bit pish, let's be honest. Couldn't consistently beat his man, and never quite looked sure what to do with the ball.

Happy enough with that. They were always going to park the bus and make it hard for us to break them down.

Niko was class. I thought Candeias and Rossiter looked good when the came on. Waghorn was his usual poor self, hopefully Morelos gets a start next week. Dalcio disappeared 2nd half.

Cardoso looked assured, Bates solid enough but a couple of shaky moments.

Plenty to work on, but I would have taken that score before KO.

PS Miller in midfield :megaanguish:

First game in and lots of positives and negatives.

Positives:

Cardosa looks quality

Jack had a good game too

Kranjcar has a creative gift that we lack

Great to see Rossiter back on the pitch

Candeais is a flying machine n looks like he can deliver a cross

Dalcio looks a tidy player too

Clean sheet

Negatives:

Without Kranjcar we lacked the ability to pick a pass

Morelos didn't get a chance to show much

Waghorn did nothing as usual

For the possession would have liked even 1 more goal.

Basrah Bear likes this

Waghorn, Bates and Holt were worse than Dalcio although he didn't do anything at all in the second half. 

Reminds too much of DaMarcus Beasley.

Cardoso and Jack quite clear upgrades, Niko played very well, Rossiter back those are my positives but the lack of shots, chances and general penetration is a real concern although granted it's early days. 

Waghorn is hopeless but then again what's new. 

delparlane likes this

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I enjoyed most of that.

We we miles the better team, just a bit rusty,  some of the moves and passing was excellent.  We also have more players to come, so that line up will most likely be nothing like the one we start the season with.

cautiously optimistic with that. I think we should have enough to win the away leg. Especially if couple more of our new signings can get in the team.

Exactly mate you've nailed it right there some of the triangles and flick ons were superb these guys have known each other 3 weeks and they are miles better than the shite last season ...bit of polishing..let Pedro find his starting 11 and I think we have the foundations of 55...baby steps but very positive 

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

It's not good enough as we still have dross players playing for us .

Niko got the plaudits when he went off . He is finished from what I can see

A step in level and he will be found out . Easy

Lets get real here . We were playing no one , It wasn't about the score line or the performance .

It was about the players that took the field . I was hoping to get excited and I wasn't .

Some of the defending by Tav was embarrassing , schoolboy stuff

Waghorn . Jesus fuck . It's just a bad dream

We Know what Kenny can do but we know himself and Waghorn are just not good enough together .

They don't link up .

The menu will have to be completely different than this for the start of the season

:lol: 'let's get real here' thanks for not letting me get carried away there, wank