Gazza or laudrup

stewaj3

Gazza or laudrup  

207 members have voted

1. 1. You can only have one in your team.. Who would you pick and why?

• Gazza
    • Laudrup

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, reallyruff said:

Professionalism, nothing else, is what separates these two prodigious talents. Laudrup for me, never seemed to need geeing up for any game. Gazza occasionally looked to be going through the motions.

Laudrup spent more than half a season going through the motions.

I loved Gazza as a player but it was as usual and always on his terms, sometimes he turned up and other times he was the "name" and didn't get himself up for it. Still, five mins of Gazza getting out of second gear usually helped games out.

Laudrup showed up far more consistency for me and although he was not in your face as much as Gazza he controlled things around him and had a great aura about him when you saw him on the field, you knew what you were going to get. His final season may have seen his head turn a bit due to the interest in clubs down south so just going to remember his time overall.

Worst thing is this poll is a bit like choosing who gave you the best shag of your life, the top two or three are always going to stir up an emotional reaction for some reason and you feel like your betraying the other one!

Laudrup for me.

Brian Laudrup is the best foreign player I have seen at our Club ... and his consistency just nudges past Gazza for me.

Paul Gascoigne is the best English player I have seen at our Club .... his talent was undeniable ... though his temperament was to be questioned ... this did affect his playing unfortunately.

So hard to decide this contest .... but if he were alive and playing today ... I firmly believe the one who would top them both would be Slim Jim.

Jim Baxter is the best player I have ever seen at our Club .... and considering the lifestyle he chose with his drinking and the fact he never really trained a day in his life ... it's a wonder how he ever managed to spare time to play football in the first place. ... he casts a shadow over both of the above whether it be his football genius or his lifestyle .... :lol:

At the end of the day it is just such a privilege to have seen the likes of the above at our Club .... who are but a few of the wealth of talent who have ran down the tunnel at Ibrox and played their part in delighting us all with their own wonderful styles ... some like the above whose play also bordered on genius ... Davie Cooper being the most prominent to come to mind.

I can only hope that in the future we can all witness players with half the talents of the above giants who graced our Club.

:UK:

4 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Laudrup had more ability and talent also, Gazza was never the same player after the Fa cup,final against Forest, even at Lazio he was good but never what he could have been and if he never got that injury he would have stayed in Italy or back to England and a top club. 

Nah im no having that. Gazza was voted the best ever english player. People who supposedly know what there talking about reckon he was one of the most gifted player theres been and, if not for his problems, would've played for the best teams in the world.

Laudrup, although a very talented player, was widely thought to be the poorer of the 2 brothers. 

That said, watching both these players in a Rangers top was a dream. Some of the football was out of this world.

1 hour ago, Alec87 said:

Laudrup spent more than half a season going through the motions.

Think your doing a disservice to his consistency there, but it's all about opinions, mine is that Laudrup was more dependable. Loved Gazza, and when he was on it he was unstoppable, but if forced to choose a man to play in a must win it'd be Laudrup. Admittedly Gazza could, and did, win matches on his own whereas Laudrup perhaps more often needed the team to be performing, but for consistency he wins hands down. They both had their critics over their performances in Europe though.

Laudrup was my hero growing up and one of the reasons I started watching football and supporting Rangers. Most of my family were either fans of the manky lot or cricket fans, but watching Laudrup I knew that I made the right decision to support Rangers!

5 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Laudrup is the best import into Scottish football by a country mile, yes Gazza was good but Laudrup was something else.

Laudrup is still the best player to Grace Scottish football since the Souness revolution and there have been some players, The mhanky mob go on about Larrson  but I would have Brain all day long in my team as he could beat a player , had close control,speed , and knew how to find the net.

Yes Gazza was outstanding in 8 in a row against Aberdeen but Laudrup was outstanding and to the date the best display I have ever seen in a Rangers jersey when we pumped Hearts 5-1 in the Scottish cup final. Durie got a hat tick , Laudrup got the MOTM.  

I dream one day I will see a player of that class playing for us again. 

This all day long.

Gazza not in my top 20 favourite Rangers players but definitely the best player I've ever seen play for Rangers. Said it before but if  the ball was to fall to one player in the last minute of a big match you'd want it to be Gazza because he'd see the full picture and drive towards the goal with pace and power, if the chance was there he'd  take it like a centre forward and if it was best to square it he'd take the correct option every time. 

Really can't split them TBH , Both could win you games almost singlehandedly , gave us two of the best individual performances I've ever seen from a Rangers player within a couple of weeks of each other ( Gazza v the sheep and Brian v hearts SCF ) Both also had spells where they were underperforming but still capable of turning games around with a piece of magic . I just feel truly privileged to have witnessed both of them in a Rangers shirt .