Gazza or laudrup

stewaj3

Gazza or laudrup  

207 members have voted

1. 1. You can only have one in your team.. Who would you pick and why?

• Gazza
    • Laudrup

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Gascoigne every day of the week. He would have been the difference for 10IAR  if he had been fully fit and later, not punted to 'boro

He was dropping painkillers like sweeties ffs, he fucked himself up going for 10 no one else 

Laudrup all day every day and twice on Sunday's, Gazza was magnificent but he peaked in his first season, he was never quite as good when he came home from Euro 96 - Brian Laudrup for three seasons was just sensatonal and IMO the reason we won Titles 7, 8 & 9 although the 8IAR Title was the Gazza & Laudrup show.

I think the answer to the question for me is simple......i believe we were a big enough club to attract laudrup but I honestly doubt we would of signed gazza if he had not had so many injuries, for me it just shades gazza as his talent was unique. 

20 hours ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Hence the part i said "if he had been  fully fit"

No he was abusing the pain killers, that nothing to do with being fully fit,  Selling him turned out to be a great bit of business as we recouped £3.45million and we had got the last out of him.  

Just a pity we could not get the 10, it was not that we could not pump the tarriers but inconsistency against lower teams that season that cost us the title. 

Laudrup all day long.  Not only a great player, but he had an elegance in full flight that was unmatched by any player that I have seen.

On the subject of Gazza, he probably was well past his best when we sold him and the logical view would be that we did good business getting over 3m for him.  However, nothing will convince me that that selling him didn't cost us ten in a row.  It all came down to that final home game against Kilmarnock.  We were lacklustre, game was a couple complete stalemate until we lost the goal in the last minute, it was absolutely made for Gazza to come on and give us a cameo performance in the last half hour and win it for us.

3 hours ago, Copland bear said:

No he was abusing the pain killers, that nothing to do with being fully fit,  Selling him turned out to be a great bit of business as we recouped £3.45million and we had got the last out of him.  

Just a pity we could not get the 10, it was not that we could not pump the tarriers but inconsistency against lower teams that season that cost us the title. 

We'll just have to disagree then