more transfer funds

gogzy

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

We still have a lot of dead wood to shift.

That's a decent attempt I will give you that.. 

Honestly though, I'm considering even getting Waghorn on the back of my top I'm that chuffed about how it's panned out so far. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I hope the extra fund mean we can go into the market for a striker of real quality. It's something that I still feel is missing.

Herrera doesn't strike me as a player who will score enough goals, Morelos is a complete unknown quantity who will probably be in and out of the team & Miller's role should be reduced this season because we should have players of a higher quality available which means we shouldn't have to rely on him quite so heavily.

Surely we can't go and buy three strikers if we only intend to play one? (If we do intend to play one)

I think a signing of real quality in any position will compliment what is a fairly strong squad now.

Haven't bought a newspaper in years but they must be overflowing with 8 page spreads about how positive Rangers have been in bringing max publicity to the league and our new relationships with the sporting public in the Americas.

Surely they must be as excited as we are about the possibility of a club at last aiming to challenge the scum.

Surely they all welcome an end to the one horse race.

Surely :dance:

22 minutes ago, gogzy said:

i doubt that.  That resouce was announced yesterday,   this was today, hours after the retail deal announcement.  To me it can mean nothing more than more transfer funds, or higher wage bill, to bring in a few loans.

I didn't see the news about a better retail deal.  Sounds like more cash right enough.  

Is great news. Maybe also more season tickets being sold too for capacity for more money to come in. Like some others have said need another fullback if we sell Tavernier and maybe get a RB with very good international quality even if on loan like Layun who I am sure is more than capable of play both full back positions. Some say another striker but I think Herrera will help with linkup play with Morelos and also score some too but is not always for strikers to score goals need the midfield to score too especially in the centre midfield position and I think Pena could be good signing for this reason. Is all positive now! I need to try save some money so I can afford to buy a shirt for hopefully this season when I can. 

2 hours ago, B1872 said:

Looking forward to the apologies from that cunt Blue Avenger and that other banger Alcapone! Every time any bear spoke about this day possibly coming they were fucking slaughtered! ??

As I already stated yesterday on the Mark Allen thread. Positive and specifically mentioned good news coming from retail. 

Let us not forget, it takes two make a deal. Ashley could have went through with the court action and easily won as @Reformation Bearvery eloquently laid it out. 

This is two mutual benefit and let's not kid ourselves they are both just different sides of the same coin and both very much into turning a buck.

This doesn't make king any less a liar with his broken promises. You see if Ashley said no, then where would we be? I also expect there is more to come from this new relationship that will be of great advantage to us. It's simple, King has got the ambition, but not the money to take us to the next level and make a serious challenge and return us to former glories, Ashley has and knowing the MO of both, king at last can use his unique skill set in maximising the relationship with Ashley to mutual advantage. These two are characters and I feel part two of this plot has already been hatched and it will be good for us. Watch this space.

3 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Even with Dorrans and Walker we would still be weak at both full back positions and light up front with both Morelos and Herrera completely untested in Scottish football. Far bigger names than them have come here and struggled. We would also still be shy on the flanks with Miller and McKay both useless there yet still playing there atm. 

The turnaround needing done this summer was always going to be huge. We needed a whole new team almost, GK aside, we've done great so far but anyone thinking Dorrans and Walker will have us challenging Celtic for silverware i think is a tad optimistic. It's still not enough. 

I would have loved a proven goal scoring striker, genuine international quality on the wing(s) and proper footballers at left and right back. Then we can talk about being ready for the new season.

Even with 8, 9 new players, the job still feels half done with so much dross still on the payroll and positions not filled. It is exciting though! As you say, Magic! 

Yes far bigger players have struggled up front but also unknown players have also flourished so you can't know how they will play.time will tell

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

As I already stated yesterday on the Mark Allen thread. Positive and specifically mentioned good news coming from retail. 

Let us not forget, it takes two make a deal. Ashley could have went through with the court action and easily won as @Reformation Bearvery eloquently laid it out. 

This is two mutual benefit and let's not kid ourselves they are both just different sides of the same coin and both very much into turning a buck.

This doesn't make king any less a liar with his broken promises. You see if Ashley said no, then where would we be? I also expect there is more to come from this new relationship that will be of great advantage to us. It's simple, King has got the ambition, but not the money to take us to the next level and make a serious challenge and return us to former glories, Ashley has and knowing the MO of both, king at last can use his unique skill set in maximising the relationship with Ashley to mutual advantage. These two are characters and I feel part two of this plot has already been hatched and it will be good for us. Watch this space.

You may be on to something regarding MA.  Just watched Kings interview and it was strange how he dodged the question regarding Mike Ashley and his shares and said there would be further announcement in due time.  This at a time as well when MA is now actively again looking at selling Newcastle Unt,,, Chinese buyers the latest rumour down here.    

16 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I think there is more to your musings than mere thought, coincidence is a very convenient thing when it helps but it should still be eyed with suspicion until the motive is clear.

I have my own views on recent events especially today after the "more money than he thinks" statement, why didn't the manager know earlier? did you find something down the back of the sofa Dinky? you staying in SA for a long time and not coming back for a while?

Just musing you understand.

10 minutes ago, Malvern said:

I think there is more to your musings than mere thought, coincidence is a very convenient thing when it helps but it should still be eyed with suspicion until the motive is clear.

I have my own views on recent events especially today after the "more money than he thinks" statement, why didn't the manager know earlier? did you find something down the back of the sofa Dinky? you staying in SA for a long time and not coming back for a while?

Aye Awrite ya fuckin doom merchant

22 minutes ago, Malvern said:

I hope your not giving reason for me shred king again?!

I think it is in the positive. Money is their God. We only need to knock the scum off their perch and we're in. Neither are daft by a long shot. I think there is more than a retail deal on both their minds!

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

50k shirts at £20 = £1m

For talking sake lets say we'll get 75% of the money from the shirts,there's £750k straight away.

They could charge £50 for the away and third kits and they'd still be flying off the shelves imo,so that would give us £2.5m for both tops.

6359896886737740952016939997_tumblr_o6hd

You really don't understand the difference between sales, cost of sales and profit, do you?

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I think it is in the positive. Money is their God. We only need to knock the scum off their perch and we're in. Neither are daft by a long shot. I think there is more than a retail deal on both their minds!

Win the league......possible champions league revenue with a greater exposure, I could be puting 2+2 together but I think this new deal for 1 season will open MA eyes that without trying to syphon the whole pot their are good opportunities to be made at Rangers....we after all have been a sleeping giant with all the bullshit that has been hampering us....well today the giant has been woken and soon they will all want involved in what is the beginning of a whole new chapter in our great history 

24 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I think you are right, there is more than a simple retail deal and more money in the kitty for transfers.

Then again I am a cynical bastard by nature.