WEE idea for the 1st league game of the season

1 hour ago, PRW. said:

You think Ashley would of ripped up the contract if everyone was still buying the strips as usual last season? Yes or no?

Ashley doesn't do xmas. The deal is peanuts to him and as I've said, there is a longer game being played here. It takes two to negotiate a deal and there are compromises on both sides. However, it will be to our benefit. Watch this space.

3 hours ago, PRW. said:

You think Ashley would of ripped up the contract if everyone was still buying the strips as usual last season? Yes or no?

Do you think Ashley would have kept the contract for 7 years if CH and his cronies hadnt stood outside the shop shouting abuse at Bears with their kids? Yes or no?

2 hours ago, Gazza2258 said:

He is.
Good point about the £20 price now.  Although the club will now be making money, it would have been much better if they were taking their cut of £50 [or whatever new tops cost nowadays], rather than £20.

Dont see why folk are blaming Ashley for this, he held all the cards, the reason its took so long was Kings refusal to deal with him. Why did anyone expect Ashley to cancel the contract on his own accord?

1 minute ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Do you think Ashley would have kept the contract for 7 years if CH and his cronies hadnt stood outside the shop shouting abuse at Bears with their kids? Yes or no?

The boycott made the difference.

Whatever your on about wouldn't of, no.

4 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Dont see why folk are blaming Ashley for this, he held all the cards, the reason its took so long was Kings refusal to deal with him. Why did anyone expect Ashley to cancel the contract on his own accord?

I'm not blaming him, totally.  My "He is." comment was aimed at him being a fat cunt.

6 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

:lol: 

It was a fucking stitch up. Ashley got the worlds most one sided contract put in place by his wee cronies, the Easdales and co. Why are we blaming Ashley? He absolutely ripped our club off for years and done us out of much needed revenue. Are you serious? 

Just now, PRW. said:

:lol: 

It was a fucking stitch up. Ashley got the worlds most one sided contract put in place by his wee cronies, the Easdales and co. Why are we blaming Ashley? He absolutely ripped our club off for years and done us out of much needed revenue. Are you serious? 

I dont mean blame him for the deal being made in the first place, i mean for it dragging on and on until now, this could have and should have been sorted before now. "Blame" was the wrong word to use, what I meant was that once the deal was in place Ashley had zero incentive to rip up the contract, but some folk expected that one day he would go "ok i think thats been long enough" and give us a better deal. The better deal was never coming until King and co went to the negotiation table.

The deal was shite, totally in SDs favour and not in our favour, but from what I can gather, and what I expected all along, there was nothing illegal about it. So the only way to get it fixed was to make nice and see if we could talk it out, the court battles etc did us no favours and were a waste of time as far as I can see

2 hours ago, Gazza2258 said:

He is.
Good point about the £20 price now.  Although the club will now be making money, it would have been much better if they were taking their cut of £50 [or whatever new tops cost nowadays], rather than £20.

Why would the club charge £50 for a top that is a season old? If it was £50 then less fans would buy. Also the club aren't just making money off of strips, you have to take into account other things, such as training kits, dvds etc that are in the megastore that people will pick up every now and again and all the things that the kids want. Ashley will make money, obviously, but the club will make more with products bought from the megastore. I doubt King would lie about that

8 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

I dont mean blame him for the deal being made in the first place, i mean for it dragging on and on until now, this could have and should have been sorted before now. "Blame" was the wrong word to use, what I meant was that once the deal was in place Ashley had zero incentive to rip up the contract, but some folk expected that one day he would go "ok i think thats been long enough" and give us a better deal. The better deal was never coming until King and co went to the negotiation table.

The deal was shite, totally in SDs favour and not in our favour, but from what I can gather, and what I expected all along, there was nothing illegal about it. So the only way to get it fixed was to make nice and see if we could talk it out, the court battles etc did us no favours and were a waste of time as far as I can see

King said yesterday even about 10 months (?) ago SD were not willing to budge on the terms of the deal. So they did try.

4 minutes ago, WGOH said:

Why would the club charge £50 for a top that is a season old? If it was £50 then less fans would buy. Also the club aren't just making money off of strips, you have to take into account other things, such as training kits, dvds etc that are in the megastore that people will pick up every now and again and all the things that the kids want. Ashley will make money, obviously, but the club will make more with products bought from the megastore. I doubt King would lie about that

This, theyre not going to sell them for 50 buck when loads of us have just spent 20 on them.

Ive never looked at buying a top as me investing or putting money into the Club, im just making a purchase, I dont think im funding Morrisons when im doing my shopping.

If folk want to put money into the Club via merch purchases then there are countless items in the megastore - DVDs, Mugs, Scarfs, Pennants, Posters, fucking rubber duckies, school pencil sets all sorts. Theres plenty of stuff you can buy for yourself and your kids outwith tops.

Are SD involved in every retail item we sell? Including the jewelry etc? Surely there must be some items where most if not all profit goes to the Club?

Even if not theres plenty of decent shit you can buy, every year i usually go online and ill spend 30-50 quid on Rangers stuff, even if its just cheap stuff for the wean that wont last long.

http://www.rangersmegastore.com/Souvenirs theres loads of stuff just on that one page

Also, I might be a full grown man with a mortgage etc, but if they made the Rangers bedding in king or queen size id be fucking buying it :lol: 

54 minutes ago, WGOH said:

Thats not what I meant.  I was referring to the fact this should have been sorted out ages ago, when tops were new, and £50, so we would have made more money, than it being sorted yesterday, when tops are down to £20.  Wasn't saying they should be £50 now.