No.12

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jack really looked assured. 

Kranjcar involved in almost everything, Candieas looked good when he came on, Dalcio didn't get much time in the highlights but towards the end he showed a few glimpses. 

Morelos had one moment where he looked predatory in the box, good save from the keeper. Miller was bright as you'd expect. From the highlights Waghorn missed chances but none where really clear cut and his link up play especially for the Holt chance was good. 

Cardoso and Bates worry me. Don't rate Bates at all and Cardoso although very good on the ball doesn't look as assured defensively - May struggle with the physical nature of Scottish football. 

19 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

Jack really looked assured. 

Kranjcar involved in almost everything, Candieas looked good when he came on, Dalcio didn't get much time in the highlights but towards the end he showed a few glimpses. 

Morelos had one moment where he looked predatory in the box, good save from the keeper. Miller was bright as you'd expect. From the highlights Waghorn missed chances but none where really clear cut and his link up play especially for the Holt chance was good. 

Cardoso and Bates worry me. Don't rate Bates at all and Cardoso although very good on the ball doesn't look as assured defensively - May struggle with the physical nature of Scottish football. 

Cardoso has looked much better when paired with Wilson or McCrorie. 

Watched it through there, played well enough. Really lack a cutting edge with Miller, Waghorn and Holt just not good enough. 

Lee Wallace is also absolutely honking. Once we get Dorrans and Walker in, we really need to focus on left back.

1 hour ago, johanhentze said:

Cardoso has looked much better when paired with Wilson or McCrorie. 

I expect him to look the part alongside Alves, I am hoping either Wilson or McCrorie get the nod on Thursday, can't see it though.

26 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

Watched all three friendlies now ... and I know it's only bounce games ... but I still can't see any set style of play, formation or any player that is going to set the heather on fire ... :no:

:UK:

It's a slight concern but they are only glorified training games. Similar to what we didn't see last season as well, style and formation wise. God i hope he has a plan what shit gets real. 

3 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

It's a slight concern but they are only glorified training games. Similar to what we didn't see last season as well, style and formation wise. God i hope he has a plan what shit gets real. 

:tu:

Agreed mate ... I battled to put a definition on our style of play then ... and see the same disjointed style as last season ... and although we now seem to have some decent players in the ranks, there seems to be a lack of structure and end game especially up front .... hopefully as you say it is only "of slight concern" and we hit the ground running when shit gets real ..... :lol:

If we are going to stick with Wallace this season, we can't afford to have him bombing forward. Tav is going to push up on the right hand side, it'll cause us a real issue moving forward when both bomb on. 

I guess I prefer my full backs to defend first no matter what.

Shite like Waghorn, Holt, Wallace and Tavernier are going to cost us again next season if they are staying. We've seen it week in week out for 2 years now, longer with Wallace. They are just not good enough. It's not going to help the new players at all playing with absolute rubbish like them. Liabilities. 

3 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Nice of us to allow them to play at Murray Park..

..... Indeed, but not so nice of Tommy Wright whingeing that Ryan Jack has put his player Steven Anderson in serious doubt for their Euro tie.

RJ had to be attended to for a bleeding shin after the tackle .... he didn't intentionally mean to injure SA .. shit happens ... both players sustained injury.

Ryan's OK though Tommy ... should you be interested mate ..... :p: 

40 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

..... Indeed, but not so nice of Tommy Wright whingeing that Ryan Jack has put his player Steven Anderson in serious doubt for their Euro tie.

RJ had to be attended to for a bleeding shin after the tackle .... he didn't intentionally mean to injure SA .. shit happens ... both players sustained injury.

Ryan's OK though Tommy ... should you be interested mate ..... :p: 

Does Tommy Wright think the players should just not go into tackle or pull out from tackle? I was always taught to go into every tackle 100% commitment and never pull out because you will get hurt. 

20 minutes ago, denya said:

Does Tommy Wright think the players should just not go into tackle or pull out from tackle? I was always taught to go into every tackle 100% commitment and never pull out because you will get hurt. 

Exactly mate .... Tommy Wright is quite often wrong .... the fact that RJ had a bleeding shin ... through shin guards .... tells me that both players were doing exactly as you and probably all who played were taught .... Anderson just came off the worst .... no one to blame really .

Maybe it's just Tommy getting his excuses in early incase they get beat .... :p:

On 6/22/2017 at 1:54 PM, STEPPS BOY said:

Holt couldn't get a game towards end of last season yet seems to be starting.

Waghorn up front and Miller on wing is absolutely piss poor by manager.

Haven't watched the last match yet but credit where due I thought Holt and Halliday both looked sharp against Coleraine. Won't hold my breath as I've no forgotten the whole of last season by any means, but fingers crossed there's something there that can be salvaged by having better players around them. Waghorn, though...fuck me... 

Just now, Bobby Hume said:

Exactly mate .... Tommy Wright is quite often wrong .... the fact that RJ had a bleeding shin ... through shin guards .... tells me that both players were doing exactly as you and probably all who played were taught .... Anderson just came off the worst .... no one to blame really .

Maybe it's just Tommy getting his excuses in early incase they get beat .... :p:

You are right, he is just using as an excuse before losing to the Lithuanian team.