Rangers Sign Aidan McAdams

Just now, The Godfather said:

Meh doesn't bother me really. It's a young Catholic with an education at St Molestors 

It doesnt bother me either... its pretty obviious that most players in the World want to be playing in the Premier League. All Im saying is, that a professional always knows who is paying him.. he should know better.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Anyone with a bit of brains would have said something like.... "Obviously I want to fight my way into the starting lineup. Another ambition of mine would be to, at some point, play in the Premier League." 

Its not hard.

Not really a big deal either though, is it? 

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Not really a big deal either though, is it? 

Its not.. Im not saying it is, by the way. Merely saying that as a professional he should always have said that he would want to force his way into the starting lineup at the team he plays for then add the bit about the Premier League. Its just sloppy. PR isnt our game it has to be said.

Just now, johanhentze said:

It doesnt bother me either... its pretty obviious that most players in the World want to be playing in the Premier League. All Im saying is, that a professional always knows who is paying him.. he should know better.

He's hardly a top pro with a media team guiding him through it.

Was asked a question, answered it honestly and that's about that. I doubt we have folk guiding them what to say like at other clubs where they speak off a script ala the tims. 

I hope he wants to make it there that would mean we would take in a good fee for someone we got for scraps. 

Jelavic said he wanted to play in the EPL and it was his main goal before he even signed for us remember.

Just now, The Godfather said:

He's hardly a top pro with a media team guiding him through it.

Was asked a question, answered it honestly and that's about that. I doubt we have folk guiding them what to say like at other clubs where they speak off a script ala the tims. 

I hope he wants to make it there that would mean we would take in a good fee for someone we got for scraps. 

Jelavic said he wanted to play in the EPL and it was his main goal before he even signed for us remember.

They should be getting lessons in it really.. We all know how the media works. Interviews arent easy. I also get the fact that he is young, honest and wants to be in the EPL. Im not saying its a huge deal either.. this time it wasnt serious but its very easy to say something that will piss off the people that  pay your wages - the fans. This goes for all the players...especially with social media etc.

Just now, johanhentze said:

They should be getting lessons in it really.. We all know how the media works. Interviews arent easy. I also get the fact that he is young, honest and wants to be in the EPL. Im not saying its a huge deal either.. this time it wasnt serious but its very easy to say something that will piss off the people that  pay your wages - the fans. This goes for all the players...especially with social media etc.

I doubt we are in a place to do that going by how behind we are with most other things. 

Social media is a tough one because they can't stop you from being on it or take responsibility for what you post. Ideally no player would have it but youmwiukd be the odd one out if you didn't.

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I doubt we are in a place to do that going by how behind we are with most other things. 

Social media is a tough one because they can't stop you from being on it or take responsibility for what you post. Ideally no player would have it but youmwiukd be the odd one out if you didn't.

Guidance in PR is more relevant that it ever has been because of social media. You are personally talking directly to your fans. 

We are behind in most things and a bit of training in PR is of course not high on the list but Im sure they have people in every now and then for the Youth.. 

9 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Im really not getting worked up about it. 

I mean’t the guy who listened to the interview, came on here, searched for this old thread & wrote the post.

And anyone else whos got a problem with a young boy saying his dream is to play in the best league in the world ffs. :lol: 

Just now, PRW. said:

I mean’t the guy who listened to the interview, came on here, searched for this old thread & wrote the post.

And anyone else whos got a problem with a young boy saying his dream is to play in the best league in the world ffs. :lol: 

Of course. I just offered an opinion on something that I think could have been better... always strive to be better :) 

Just now, King_gazza said:

Apparently he's played against Brighton & played really well but that's the only game I can find.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1555740/aidan-mcadams-Rangers-celtic-brighton/amp/

Elf will know more about him.

3 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Ano mate but maybe its just fact hes a tarrier and made the switch and making it as Rangers No1 should be his main aim surely.

Whether he is a tarrier or not, his ambition will be controlled by his ability, so if he wants to realise his ambition he has to become #1 at Rangers, which in turn means he has to be better than Ross McCrorie to begin with, which I doubt.

Don't be surprised if the Lurgan bigot doesn't try to get him on loan as a back-up keeper.

5 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Listened to the guys interview on RTV there, his ambition when asked is to be playing in the top league in England. Genuine question, bad enough we imo we are bring through shettleston harriers but for his ambition not to be Rangers No1.... not my cuppa tea at all.

It's not what we want to hear nor is it too smart for him to be saying it. 

But then too many supporters don't realise that for the foreseeable future we need to be a stepping stone club for players to get to the EPL riches. And we need to be a selling club with any player having their price - Burt, Mccrorie, etc included. We just need to be better at getting value for money.

5 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Listened to the guys interview on RTV there, his ambition when asked is to be playing in the top league in England. Genuine question, bad enough we imo we are bring through shettleston harriers but for his ambition not to be Rangers No1.... not my cuppa tea at all.

Fuck up 

Folk need to get over this idea that Rangers are at the forefront of everyone’s mind. 

Walked past the local pitches yesterday and the kids playing were in Barca/Real/Man Utd shirts. When I grew up I’d never have anything but the Rangers kit on.

Of course his dream is to go play EPL.

These times they are a changin’.

He prob has 5 goalies in front of him st Ibrox, so its highly unlikely he will get anywhere near the first team here never mind at the higher end of English football, nothing wrong with ambition but McGregor is the only goalie i can think of that has come through the system and stay in the team so its a tough ask.