Dear Mr King

KeyserSoze

15 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

So ye dont know what he does but you want to throw mud and hope it sticks? why just cause its PM

I know what he does and I still stand by the fact he is a useless bastard, fair enough for you?

Or maybe you can give me his top ten points of being on the board of Rangers that have actually helped us?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Malvern said:

I don't believe a penny left his very own children's inheritance as he is want to quote, I think we have borrow more money behind the scenes that he is now taking credit for. That enough for you to understand my stand off position about Dinky?

What's with the passive-aggressive last sentence? I'm genuinely curious as to your fears over King and our present board. I'm not expecting him to be a sugar daddy and I don't think he's ever claimed to be. I do believe he has put a chunk of his children's inheritance in but not at a loss. The value will still be there in shares. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm neither pro-King nor anti-King but I'm genuinely interested in your doubts over him. I don't want to hear about past rhetoric. Going forward do you think he is in this to fuck us over? That doesn't mean he can't eventually leave us with a profit. Again, nothing wrong with that.

27 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Beyond help if you think that.. lets say your correct for a second isn't 12months with SD getting a better deal than us(they aint) 10x better than 7 fuckin year !

Beyond help for reading the financials and listening to King's speech ?  SD make a huge margin before the stuff even gets to us and now we're lumbered with the overheads of the shop. We can do well over the next 12 months but MA will do better if you apply simple arithmetic.   Fuck sake man I'm delighted that the deal is over in 12 months but once I turned 12 my need to look up to another man as a hero was behind me.

1 hour ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Never trust any board again - they are charged with running our beloved club and they should be treated with absolute caution no matter who's in charge. 

I'm still in GMT with this thread but want to single out this part of a post which we should all remember. I don't agree with some of the shite before it but this part is absolutely spot on.

1 hour ago, dande101 said:

As long as we ain't facing another Admin then King has been as good as his word.

I still have some reservations not total adulation but for once it finally looks like we are on the up and I take some satisfaction from that.

Let's rejoice and look forward for a change mate.

Post of the thread.

I'm very wary of us all being so high about our club just now. Sure there are lots of things going on to be pleased about, but we've not kicked a ball in seriousness yet. When we get this much pleasure at the news of new signings, possible signings, money being spent, return of European football to Ibrox, duds leaving, and so forth, there's usually a shitstorm waiting for us round the corner. Something will bring us back down to Earth with a big thud. I don't know what that will be. Getting beat by the Luxembourg team in the EL qualifier?

I'm not trying to spoil all your fun, I'm just advising you not to get too carried away with yourselves.

I remember when W&W first came to the club, and we beat Hibs 6-2, at their own midden, then beating teams by 5-1, 5-0. How long did they good times last? Yeah we won the Championship, and, eventually, won the Petrofact Challenge cup, and knocked the taigs  out of the Scottish cup, after out playing them off the park at times. The good times never lasted that long, did they? We need to reign in the 'Exuberance' a bit, remember how far we are behind Them, not to expect too much this season, don't be arrogant, or too cocky. We can let it all out when we win the league, doing so by beating Them at the Piggery, would be a wee bonus. Until then, just play it cool. Let the taigs shout and bawl out all their nonsense, we're better than them, as a support. Just keep our powder dry until we've actually achieved something on the field of play is all I'm saying.. WATP!!

2 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I'm very wary of us all being so high about our club just now. Sure there are lots of things going on to be pleased about, but we've not kicked a ball in seriousness yet. When we get this much pleasure at the news of new signings, possible signings, money being spent, return of European football to Ibrox, duds leaving, and so forth, there's usually a shitstorm waiting for us round the corner. Something will bring us back down to Earth with a big thud. I don't know what that will be. Getting beat by the Luxembourg team in the EL qualifier?

I'm not trying to spoil all your fun, I'm just advising you not to get too carried away with yourselves.

I remember when W&W first came to the club, and we beat Hibs 6-2, at their own midden, then beating teams by 5-1, 5-0. How long did they good times last? Yeah we won the Championship, and, eventually, won the Petrofact Challenge cup, and knocked the taigs  out of the Scottish cup, after out playing them off the park at times. The good times never lasted that long, did they? We need to reign in the 'Exuberance' a bit, remember how far we are behind Them, not to expect too much this season, don't be arrogant, or too cocky. We can let it all out when we win the league, doing so by beating Them at the Piggery, would be a wee bonus. Until then, just play it cool. Let the taigs shout and bawl out all their nonsense, we're better than them, as a support. Just keep our powder dry until we've actually achieved something on the field of play is all I'm saying.. WATP!!

Fuck dat

MON THE GERS

:rangers:

Have to admit  the last transfer window with Warburton  I was  critical like  many of us with  the lack of activity .

At least King  had the sense to stop more  pish Warburton and mcparland wanted too bring in 

5 hours ago, Malvern said:

I suspect about £20 Mil pounds worth of profit.

Nah. The opportunity to cynically rape the club (when we rallied round to buy shares and season tickets and raise funds) was exploited by Green and Co (perfectly legally apparently though that makes no fucking sense).

As it stands now there are a million better ways for any entrepreneur to get a return than out of Rangers. DK cares about our club and our heritage. I don't think for one fucking minute that he will expose himself financially to any great extent and I've been fucked off with certain things that have occurred (like failing to meet Pedro before appointing him). But in the backwater of Scottish football there aren't going to be any sheikhs or oligarchs investing tens of millions and King is a pretty good option for the foreseeable future imo.

Sceptical all the way of course, but King is in this for more than just profit and if he ends up with a profit in the years to come it will likely mean we're back at the top and in Champions League so fair fucks.

Pages 2/3 are a fucking riddy.

Glad we are back on track in the thread.

King is a shareholder and chairman but he is NOT Rangers, he is part of the club and that is all, if the club does positive stuff (which there has been a lot of this close season) then he deserves his SHARE of the credit.

When the club does shit stuff, like banning fans and stealing season ticket money, then he deserves his share of the criticism.

He does deserve criticism for promising money in front-loaded investment, the nomad carry on (although he said we would get one, it is still the collective responsibilty of the board to achieve it imo).

He is not my hero, if we get 55 i will maybe change my thoughts but up til now i'm neither up nor down about him.

If this investment kicks off big time it and is successful it will be George Taylor who will get the plaudits for bringing in this guy Julian Wolhardt who he worked with at Morgan Stanley, he's a big hitter who is involved with big companies and has started a new equity business this year involving some Hong Kong based Chinese businessmen with plenty to invest, Pedro better get the team buzzin if we want to see the cash!

image.gif.7fc68d1f54e41d2a8cf6a3f4b3dc22eb.gif

34 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Pages 2/3 are a fucking riddy.

Glad we are back on track in the thread.

King is a shareholder and chairman but he is NOT Rangers, he is part of the club and that is all, if the club does positive stuff (which there has been a lot of this close season) then he deserves his SHARE of the credit.

When the club does shit stuff, like banning fans and stealing season ticket money, then he deserves his share of the criticism.

He does deserve criticism for promising money in front-loaded investment, the nomad carry on (although he said we would get one, it is still the collective responsibilty of the board to achieve it imo).

He is not my hero, if we get 55 i will maybe change my thoughts but up til now i'm neither up nor down about him.

Well said mate, great post. But you could have made it better if you mentioned something about boabies.

Has King put in his own money or not? Who cares? The club is seeing investment in players and staff, and has agreed a good retail deal. If the new manager and players are successful, Rangers will be in the best place they have been for years. The chairman and board make the big decisions and try to broker deals that we are not privy to on a daily basis. Things are good at the moment and he deserves credit for it.

13 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

I'm a bit late to this thread but this post isn't very old and you've been very involved in this thread already so I'm hoping for a reply. What exactly are those doubts you have? Genuinely curious as my own opinion is that while he may not be a dyed in the wool fan (but still a fan), I certainly do not think he's in this to fuck us over a la Green.

A member of a previously failed board, hasn't shown any sign of investment or by god we would know about it from the Dinky PR machine, soft loans all over the shop, over 40 charges in SA (the rest were thrown out as once you hit 40 it's pretty much a given your at it), was always moaning about his previous investment but now isn't as the money is coming in the till. Did he even bother to attend an Old Firm match last year? What did we spend £18 million on last year as he stated?

I openly said the beginning of last year (you can check my posts) I will give him the benefit of the doubt until such time as I do not think he has personally stepped up to the plate and I don't think he has as chairman, hardly hear from him for ages and then all of a sudden jetting in for an update on what the board have achieved without him which happens to be good news.

Dinky is not going to turn me from my team but I am also not going to turn into an FF minion and lick his ring piece.

EDIT: Just notice I replied to your post 13 hrs ago, FFS I am getting old and senile when I can't remember posts.

Hope that gives some insight to you.

2 minutes ago, Malvern said:

A member of a previously failed board, hasn't shown any sign of investment or by god we would know about it from the Dinky PR machine, soft loans all over the shop, over 40 charges in SA (the rest were thrown out as once you hit 40 it's pretty much a given your at it), was always moaning about his previous investment but now isn't as the money is coming in the till. Did he even bother to attend an Old Firm match last year? What did we spend £18 million on last year as he stated?

I openly said the beginning of last year (you can check my posts) I will give him the benefit of the doubt until such time as I do not think he has personally stepped up to the plate and I don't think he has as chairman, hardly hear from him for ages and then all of a sudden jetting in for an update on what the board have achieved without him which happens to be good news.

Dinky is not going to turn me from my team but I am also not going to turn into an FF minion and lick his ring piece.

Hope that gives some insight to you.

The Rangers board including DK deserve credit for this summer so far

4 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I'll thank Mr King when we accomplish something.

Not just Mr king the Rangers board and we have achieved something we have somehow managed to get out of the grip of MA/SD and that is massive we are finally on the up 

40 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Not just Mr king the Rangers board and we have achieved something we have somehow managed to get out of the grip of MA/SD and that is massive we are finally on the up 

I meant on the park m8, another season like the last one and it all means nothing, Pedro has a big job on his hands and has no excuses, the board have done their job and backed him,  I'm happy that we seem to be heading in the right direction but only time will tell.

King and Mini and T3B have saved us. I didnt think I would be saying that a few weeks ago. But recent events show the work which has gone on behind the scenes.

It took months for them to push MA and his cronies off the board. Nobody else with the club at heart was stepping up. Remember where we were? That AGM on the pitch with the Easedales and that arsehold from Newcastle. 5 loaned players to us and we had to pay a fee if promoted. They were all shite bar one and a couple were injured. Sports Direct deal and we had to use a different badge for things. Even getting rid of MW was a great move after he tried to be sneaky. With MA he had Ally on garden leave and clipboard running our squad.

In the last few weeks we have great news to read instead of depressing. Without their fight on the deal and going to court to stop MA god knows where we would be.

I will be forever grateful for King Mini and T3B for coming in when nobody else was around.