Albertz Interview

scottyc06

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of not only important but shear quality old firm goals not many could match the hammer..... the hardest shot of a free kick I have seen at Ibrox ..... from the early days utilised as a makeshift left back to coming into his own in smiths midfield he became a real fans favourite... I used to love the chant of "Albertz Albertz " when he lined up the free kick. Had his critics at times too like all great players but not a player before or since like him with the power and accuracy of free kick he had.

A Proper fans hero.....:bow:

15 minutes ago, Theulstervolunteer said:

In terms of not only important but shear quality old firm goals not many could match the hammer..... the hardest shot of a free kick I have seen at Ibrox ..... from the early days utilised as a makeshift left back to coming into his own in smiths midfield he became a real fans favourite... I used to love the chant of "Albertz Albertz " when he lined up the free kick. Had his critics at times too like all great players but not a player before or since like him with the power and accuracy of free kick he had.

A Proper fans hero.....:bow:

I remember a player of the year dance in the Edminston when the big man showed up limping. He'd took a bad knock at Ibrox that day and had to be subbed but still made the effort to turn up.

So many good times with Jorg 

My favourite player .The best goals have to be the back to back screamers in the Scottish cup Sf in 1998 and absolutely vital league game following week where we won both 

The cup semi goal was a thing of beauty .He ran from half way line ,in the only way Jorg could .He sent s rocket into the roof of the net and then there was absolute bedlam ,that you could only appreciate if you were there 

It truly did bring the house down .The roar was deafening 

The following week at Ibrox .Himself and Jonas Thern helped themselves to a couple of wonder goals 

Again Albertz was instrumental in a fine win with his mazy run and goal causing sheer ecstasy in the stands 

I myself was on the track having opened the gate near the Govan front  giving the beggars the gifuy to anyone that looked at me .

My personal favourite goal in the semi to my personal mind blowing never to be forgotten celebration going absolutely mental 

A wonderful winner  and his contribution under 2 great managers of our club will never be forgotten by myself 

Remember when he joined us back in the day

Sportscene used to be more enjoyable than Match o the day

Well we were always skelping every cunt.

Archie Macpherson could not help himself calling oor Jorg 'the big German'

Changed days.