Albertz Interview

scottyc06

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic player that should've been here longer than he was. One thing that always puzzled me was why, when he had such a powerful shot on him, did he insist on trying to place spot kicks instead of blasting them. The keepers wouldn't have had time to blink never mind move.

My mind might be playing funny games but didn't he score a couple of identical goals against the scum in a matter of weeks by running from at least the halfway line and slotting the ball into the net.

Wunderbar!

29 minutes ago, Amato said:

Struggled to watch it all, the interviewer did my tits in

Thank god im not the only one that thought that. Had to watch it though what a player. Met him at the indoor football at braehead and a pure gentleman. Also met him before the final against the Edinburgh junkies. Loved how even though he didn't get on well with advocaat he still didn't say a bad word just said he didn't get on with him as it was personal but tie nothing away from him as he was a fantastic manager. The big man just took too us right from the start were he was played left back. Then moved up to left mid and the rest is history 

God I love that man.

He's also my Dad's favourite ever Rangers player just ahead of Davie Wilson. I think of all the players my Dad has seen in his lifetime for Rangers and to pick him shows he was a special player.

For us its not that he was the greatest or most talented but the fact he actually cared about pulling on our strip and what it meant to the fans and he often turned up in the big games.

You just have to look at some of the so-called Rangers fans that have let us down in the last few years and compare their actions to him. A real gentleman and you would never hear him say a bad word about the club.

My favourite memories:

He came on against Parma in the Champions League qualifier and made a bit of  meal over going down in the box and I wrote him a big gushing etter saying it was a disgrace he never got a penalty. I would have been about 9 or 10.

His goal against PSV. Ridiculously powerful howitzer on the volley.

Him balling his eyes out when he is inducted into the hall of fame saying he has come home. I'm welling up just thinking about it.

1 hour ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Fantastic player that should've been here longer than he was. One thing that always puzzled me was why, when he had such a powerful shot on him, did he insist on trying to place spot kicks instead of blasting them. The keepers wouldn't have had time to blink never mind move.

placed this one alright (Edit - my bad sir, I see you've said pens)

6 hours ago, MisterBlueSky said:

One of my favourite players.

My favourite Rangers goal ever is the free kick in the 3-1 new year game. Amazing.

Remember that well . Said to my mate next to me , if this goes in . . . .  

Bumped into the hammer one afternoon outside the bar next door to the tunnel night club when he was at his prime with us, still remember how shocked I was, not having met a player out and about but the fact he was smoking regal king size like a chimney, always thought you needed a moustache to smoke them, anyway, best knee in the business according to an unnamed subsidiary of the emergency dentists group  ???

A mad Tim I've worked with for years said he's easily the Ranger he dreaded playing against the most. The old firm games make or break you as a Ranger and Albertz was brilliant in most of his. Also a great guy who I've never heard a bad word said against. Would like to see him back at Ibrox more often , RTV or even the half time draw.

10 hours ago, Inigo said:

Who's the dude doing the interview? Seen him on youtube before.

He runs a fans channel.....does anyone know this cjnovo992 character?

He runs a channel from his house, pretty cringeworthy at times with some of the stuff he talks about.

what a legend. he was such an inspiration for me as a kid. i remember wanting to be him and would practice booting the ball as hard as possible. never always scored but do remember hitting a few smellies in the face :D

21 hours ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

He had a wand of a left foot. My favourite goal of his was against the tims in the Scottish Cup Semi. I remember he also scored a belter at East End Park in the 9IAR season.

Ended up about 5 rows from where I was sitting that day when that goal went, place when absolutely mental!! Brilliant day!! ??????

The quality of players we have been fortunate enough to watch down that left-hand side over the last 60 years or more is just unbelievable.

Both at full-back and wide midfield / wingers, we just seem to have had one brilliant player after another. Albertz stood up there along with the best of them.

When he was talking about trying a wee bit harder against the scum, I wish someone had told that to the imposters last season! 

Anyway brilliant player from a brilliant era. We didn't know how spoiled we were at the time!