Lloyd72

Kenny Mclean

506 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I agree with you Walker. He's alright but a lot of Hearts players have looked decent for them through the years and been shite for us - Black, Velicka, Zaliuskas, Templeton, King, Holt etc 

But I feel McLean is different. Said it last season that he's the one player playing in Scotland I'd spend semi-decent money on. Just my opinion tho.

If I had the pick I would take Walker every time, since we have been linked with McLean I have watch him closely and I just don't get it, if he does sign I hope he does well obviously, but imo Walker has more about him.

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, pcbear said:

If I had the pick I would take Walker every time, since we have been linked with McLean I have watch him closely and I just don't get it, if he does sign I hope he does well obviously, but imo Walker has more about him.

I can see why you say that - I said the same about Jack and he's pleasantly surprised me despite never impressing me for Aberdeen.

I'm just wary of Hearts players. Walker has played well against us any time I've seen him but I just think McLean is a player that will excel at us.

Neither are title winning signings but not every signing is going to be that level, Cardoso, Alves, Dorrans and I'd say Jack if he keeps up this level are the game changers. People like these 2 are the kind of players you need who supplement them.

2 people like this

26 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Kenny McLean or Jamie Walker aren't title winning additions IMO we need better than them.

No single players are title winning additions. You need a squad to compliment a 25-30 goal striker for example. You can't take every signing as an individual, you need to evaluate them within the squad. Both them strengthen us, both of them give us options and would make us better. 

with the squad we have any of these two would be a good addition 

4 people like this

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

No single players are title winning additions. You need a squad to compliment a 25-30 goal striker for example. You can't take every signing as an individual, you need to evaluate them within the squad. Both them strengthen us, both of them give us options and would make us better. 

As purely cover too the squad I agree as regular starters they aren't good enough.

20 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I can see why you say that - I said the same about Jack and he's pleasantly surprised me despite never impressing me for Aberdeen.

I'm just wary of Hearts players. Walker has played well against us any time I've seen him but I just think McLean is a player that will excel at us.

I would like better if we are too beat they bastards this year.

I just can't imagine a scenario where they would even consider doing a deal with us.

Bitter cunts :lol:

Templeton was class 

2 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Try telling that to the throbbers who would inflict the wee rat bastard from Norwich on us.

We don't need another midfielder.  We need a winger, a goal scorer and possibly another full back.  I wouldn't say no to a back up centre half to take wilsons place but that's not going to happen.  But the rest are musts IMO. 

I'd be happy enough with McLean on a pre contract to replace Holt

2 people like this

46 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I'd be happy enough with McLean on a pre contract to replace Holt

Holt's contract is up at the end of the season, that would be good business.

3 people like this

I can't see any feasible way that Aberdeen will sell McLean to us.

He is a Bluenose and Pedro is definitely interested but it would take a fairly substantial offer to happen. Pre-contract best hope.

4 people like this

15 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Templeton was class 

He's at Hamilton now, I had no idea until I watched Sportscene

13 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Holt's contract is up at the end of the season, that would be good business.

Just doesn't make sense spending money on McLean when we seem overloaded with centre midfielders and short in other areas,he's not needed right now 

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, GOAT said:

We don't need another midfielder.  We need a winger, a goal scorer and possibly another full back.  I wouldn't say no to a back up centre half to take wilsons place but that's not going to happen.  But the rest are musts IMO. 

Agree that the first choice C.B.s Alves & Cardoso need a bit of competition as their style of play both will pick up cautions. However like many other posters full back cover/replacement? Is more important.

I still think there could be a couple of loans from E.P.L. before window closes & but our recent record of loans is not that inspiring. However that is not Pedros fault & i think there could be some quality available from somewhere. Perhaps Man. Utd.?

I had an interesting chat with Kenny McLean's mum before the game today. She was telling me that she was at New Douglas Park on Wednesday night & spent the entire game arguing with sheep fans who were giving him dogs abuse , even after he scored. 

Apparently he didn't celebrate his goal to their satisfaction & 'the orange bastard would've celebrated differently if he was playing for Rangers'.  She said that she walked out in disgust before the final whistle. She also said he gets absolute pelters constantly from them on twitter.

30 minutes ago, Buggleskelly said:

I had an interesting chat with Kenny McLean's mum before the game today. She was telling me that she was at New Douglas Park on Wednesday night & spent the entire game arguing with sheep fans who were giving him dogs abuse , even after he scored. 

Apparently he didn't celebrate his goal to their satisfaction & 'the orange bastard would've celebrated differently if he was playing for Rangers'.  She said that she walked out in disgust before the final whistle. She also said he gets absolute pelters constantly from them on twitter.

Cheers mate a love made up stories 

2 people like this

Would get more abuse from our fans tbh.

8 hours ago, kaiser1041 said:

Cheers mate a love made up stories 

Aye ok

He isn't the right option just now, especially if we're only going with 2 in the middle of our midfield. 

Arguably it's our strongest position now with Dorrans, Jack, Rossiter and Holt.

We need a ST, FB, CB and LM. 

I'd take him on a free in time, but who knows if he'll be available then. If he doesn't come to us on a free I hope he gets the fuck away from Aberdeen and Scottish football. 

1 person likes this

Today we had on the bench, Rossiter, Kranjcar, Holt, Pena. Why do we need another central player unless we can shift 1 or more of them?

We had no full back cover, and no proper wide men on the bench, and striking options are still lacking too. They all need to come before a CM.

21 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Today we had on the bench, Rossiter, Kranjcar, Holt, Pena. Why do we need another central player unless we can shift 1 or more of them?

We had no full back cover, and no proper wide men on the bench, and striking options are still lacking too. They all need to come before a CM.

Agree with this 👍

1 hour ago, MasterD said:

I'd like to see Holt and Kranjcar go, with McLean and a LM coming in.

1 person likes this

Kenny McLean gets pelters on twitter even though he isn't even on twitter aye? 

1 person likes this