Rangers launch bid for Kenny McLean

The Dude

3 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Norwich are filthy republican bastards. Their CEO is a Celtic supporter, if he's still there and that cow Smith is also sympathetic to the rat catchers cause. Norwich are scum. 

Amazes me . You just don't think of english teams that petty way . 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Norwich are filthy republican bastards. Their CEO is a Celtic supporter, if he's still there and that cow Smith is also sympathetic to the rat catchers cause. Norwich are scum. 

Brilliant bud , a Bear with his finger still on the pulse and his heart in the right place, thank Christ there are some still about !??

image.gif.f2f5430ff65f6e5969e0f75524dfe5b3.gif

9 hours ago, psb07158 said:

I'd take McLean AND Dorrans if we can get some money in for the shite we are trying to offload. 

Selling Forrester for £500-600k and spending it on McLean represents excellent business. 

We will never get £500k for forrester 

8 hours ago, MisterC said:

Us on the rm staff are always looking for ways to improve the site so maybe a transfer forum would be a good idea. I'll run it past the rest of the guys... 

Please also ask the guys if they would care to grace our humble little fund with their presence this season...

:tu:

Absolutely no chance would I be giving 1.5 million to Aberdeen. 

He has a year left so 600k should do it, they need 5 new first team players anyway so that'll help them pick up the cream of the crop from the vanarama conference league. 

Giving them a mill and a half is criminal and could probably fund their first team next season. 

Unlike Hearts, the sheep will cut their nose off to spite their face and if McLean doesn't want to go to Birmingham they have their most valuable asset free to sign a pre contract in January. 

I'd love to have more Scots/Brits in the team but the prices we're being quoted is making that difficult.

If we pay over the odds in Scotland now I cant help feeling that in the future the over pricing of players will get even worse and will close the Scottish market down for us.

11 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

I'd love to have more Scots/Brits in the team but the prices we're being quoted is making that difficult.

If we pay over the odds in Scotland now I cant help feeling that in the future the over pricing of players will get even worse and will close the Scottish market down for us.

Early in 9IAR time we frequently took good Scottish players from other sides for sensible fees, almost a recognition that better players would rather come to us to progress and why stand in their way. They soon got wise to it though and as soon as we were interested quoted crazy fees. That seems to be happening again. I would rather see the best Scottish players augmented with quality foreigners. I think it gives us an edge (if you see the Albertz interview he talks a bit about the extra passion and understanding of the history etc from having Scottish lads in the side). 

Hibs were talking 3M for Cummings then he goes South for 1M. He would have come to us I think. I get the same feeling with Walker/McLean etc. Its not as though these players are on 5 year iron clad contracts, they are in the last year. If players genuinely want to play for us they can help force it. Other teams know we are bigger and better than them and they absolutely hate and despise us for it.....after kicking us when we were down/saying they didn't need us they now demand the Blue Pound again. There is absolutely no way we should cave in to stupid transfer demands from these provincial loser clubs. 

1 minute ago, DrLaudrup said:

Early in 9IAR time we frequently took good Scottish players from other sides for sensible fees, almost a recognition that better players would rather come to us to progress and why stand in their way. They soon got wise to it though and as soon as we were interested quoted crazy fees. That seems to be happening again. I would rather see the best Scottish players augmented with quality foreigners. I think it gives us an edge (if you see the Albertz interview he talks a bit about the extra passion and understanding of the history etc from having Scottish lads in the side). 

Hibs were talking 3M for Cummings then he goes South for 1M. He would have come to us I think. I get the same feeling with Walker/McLean etc. Its not as though these players are on 5 year iron clad contracts, they are in the last year. If players genuinely want to play for us they can help force it. Other teams know we are bigger and better than them and they absolutely hate and despise us for it.....after kicking us when we were down/saying they didn't need us they now demand the Blue Pound again. There is absolutely no way we should cave in to stupid transfer demands from these provincial loser clubs. 

I think these clubs whilst entitled to put any price on a player have to be more pragmatic in terms of players with a year or less on their contract and chucking away a decent transfer fee to show your supporters you're playing hard ball with Rangers maybe popular with your support in the short term but in the long term wont help the club stay financially sound if players let their contracts run down and leave for nothing.

32 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Doesn't really matter in this day and age to be honest, you need to go for the best players that are available and affordable wherever they're from. As we saw with Warburton even the English market can't really be relied on

2 hours ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Tin hat on here, I would be happy to have McLean in our squad but it frustrates me like fuck that when a team does decent us or the scum sign the best players from the team, I would love to have a competitive league where we get a good game against teams

give me a few or 30 years of routinely spanking these teams again and I could prob get on board with that :lol:

I do appreciate your motives btw PCG, but for now fuck them and fuck a competitive league - I want us lording it.