Ibrox, Old And New, Different Perspectives.

tannerall

Most photos of Ibrox from the outside focus on the front at Edmiston drive.

Here's a few with a more unusual view from the North. (The traditional cellic end looks a lot bigger than the Rangers end on that first one)

1rwyft.jpg

7190346172_5dc12bc77a_c.jpg

And a newer one with a lot more perspective to the distance. 

2qxnfki.jpg

Any more old and new ones from unusual angles or aspects ?

This is currently the background on my laptop. The sky has obviously had a bit of photoshopping but it's a classy picture. No idea who took it.

Not sure if it qualifies for the 'angle' of this thread, but any excuse to post a picture of Ibrox is fine in my opinion.

Ibrox.jpg

32 minutes ago, tannerall said:

If you build it they will come.

5n11dt.jpg

The guy with the cap in this pic is thought to be poster @Thermopylae and the guy welding is rumoured to be the poster @harlands plater

313gcac.jpg

I haven't seen these before. Looks like demolition work. What's the timing / work behind these?

I know Ibrox is right on the edge of these, and partly obscured in the third, but I love the old aerial views and seeing what was happening in the surrounding areas.

Particularly like seeing the Empire Exhibition stuff in the second as my grandfather was foreman on the tower build.

Also, seeing the close proximity to H&W in the third.

2uiytnd.jpg

August 1928

f3stj5.jpg

December 1938

9ub1v7.jpg

2 hours ago, tannerall said:

Most photos of Ibrox from the outside focus on the front at Edmiston drive.

Here's a few with a more unusual view from the North. (The traditional cellic end looks a lot bigger than the Rangers end on that first one)

1rwyft.jpg

7190346172_5dc12bc77a_c.jpg

And a newer one with a lot more perspective to the distance. 

2qxnfki.jpg

Any more old and new ones from unusual angles or aspects ?

The Cellic End was Huge, we were in a few times in the 70's it's hard to believe how big it was. 

You used to be able to tip up early, we were old Centenary Stand and depending on the opposition that day you could saunter all the way round to the side of the main stand then back before about twoish and then stewards appeared at the gates between.

That was when you were desparate to get your pic in the programme (the wee rectangle one) and you could win money.

Great Thread.

1 hour ago, TheMotor said:

I haven't seen these before. Looks like demolition work. What's the timing / work behind these?

Looks to me like the top picture is the start of the old Copland Road terracing being flattened in 1978.

Second one could be the terracing opposite the Main Stand being covered to wooden plank "seating" as the so-called Centenary Stand in 1972-73.

Knackered I was with all the welding, with me being a plater it was pretty menial.

2 minutes ago, bordersbear said:

Do you know when the first picture was taken? That's how I remember Ibrox from my first visit in early 70's!

Probably early to mid 70's def pre 78' First one here was 1978 

DBJ0QFdXYAMtnKX.jpg

img022ih6.jpg