Rangers Training is "Very intense and With a Ball"

Guest Lloyd72

Guest Lloyd72

Few in Scottish football had heard of Pedro Caixinha before the manager was linked with taking over at Rangers, and his Ibrox appointment shows thinking beyond the usual obvious candidates.

Rangers indentified Caixinha and then, as the manager has himself explianed, used former player Pedro Mendes to contact him. Now working as an agent in Portugal, Mendes spoke to Caixinha about Rangers and was able to learn the manager was genuinely interested in taking the position.

With Caixinha now securely in place, and having learned about the club, he’s got this summer to bring his own players in and change the way his team performs. That’s already starting, Rangers have wasted no time before signing recruits, and one of those, Daniel Candeias, has been speaking to Portuguese newspaper Record.

When asked about Caixinha in training and the style to expect, Candeias made it sound like there’s some good football on the way: “The first training sessions are going well. I was already used to the methods of the manager. These sessions are always very intense and with a ball, which is good.

“I’m happy to go back to work with Caixinha, who I knew quite well at Nacional. It is an honour to meet him again, now in a major European club. Knowing how the coach works and what he wants, makes it easier because I already know what he wants. And he also knows what I can offer the team, which is to give everything on the pitch until the last second, for my teammates but also for him.”

A game more based with the ball and possession, attacking, and giving absolutely everything… Rangers fans will be expectant.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/intense-ball-rangers-training-secrets-suggest-caixinha-big-plans-ibrox/

14 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Few in Scottish football had heard of Pedro Caixinha before the manager was linked with taking over at Rangers, and his Ibrox appointment shows thinking beyond the usual obvious candidates.

Rangers indentified Caixinha and then, as the manager has himself explianed, used former player Pedro Mendes to contact him. Now working as an agent in Portugal, Mendes spoke to Caixinha about Rangers and was able to learn the manager was genuinely interested in taking the position.

With Caixinha now securely in place, and having learned about the club, he’s got this summer to bring his own players in and change the way his team performs. That’s already starting, Rangers have wasted no time before signing recruits, and one of those, Daniel Candeias, has been speaking to Portuguese newspaper Record.

When asked about Caixinha in training and the style to expect, Candeias made it sound like there’s some good football on the way: “The first training sessions are going well. I was already used to the methods of the manager. These sessions are always very intense and with a ball, which is good.

“I’m happy to go back to work with Caixinha, who I knew quite well at Nacional. It is an honour to meet him again, now in a major European club. Knowing how the coach works and what he wants, makes it easier because I already know what he wants. And he also knows what I can offer the team, which is to give everything on the pitch until the last second, for my teammates but also for him.”

A game more based with the ball and possession, attacking, and giving absolutely everything… Rangers fans will be expectant.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/intense-ball-rangers-training-secrets-suggest-caixinha-big-plans-ibrox/

I think this will be the Main difference this season we will have players who are tactically in tune with the Manager.

I've been crying out for a Jock Wallace tough talking, tough everything type manager and I think with Pedro that's what we have. He takes no nonsense and the players have to show they have what it takes or, no matter who you are, you are told to find a new club.

Although this is great a lot of players are pansy princesses now and I worry that the British element of players will not react well to tough talking and tough coaching.

Time will tell but I am really looking forward to the season ahead.

What I liked about the friendly highlights on that Russian site was the distribution from the middle of the park, mostly from Niko.

It looks like the plan is to spread it wide quickly, get crosses into the box and then press from midfield to pickup any second balls coming back out.  Herrera being the target man and Morelos being the finisher.

39 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I've been crying out for a Jock Wallace tough talking, tough everything type manager and I think with Pedro that's what we have. He takes no nonsense and the players have to show they have what it takes or, no matter who you are, you are told to find a new club.

Although this is great a lot of players are pansy princesses now and I worry that the British element of players will not react well to tough talking and tough coaching.

Time will tell but I am really looking forward to the season ahead.

Definitely got a tough no nonsense manager, players with the wrong attitude will be told to leave

The tough tackling part is somewhere we possibly still lack, not got 4/5 guys who are willing to go in for a 50/50, think we'll need the ball more to show their qualities.

36 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Definitely got a tough no nonsense manager, players with the wrong attitude will be told to leave

The tough tackling part is somewhere we possibly still lack, not got 4/5 guys who are willing to go in for a 50/50, think we'll need the ball more to show their qualities.

Tough tackling is something we possibly still lack!!!

have you ever seen Alves play mate! ??

The old training with a ball think reminded me of the Jose Mourinho statement:

A great pianist doesn't run around the piano or do push ups with his fingers. To be great, he plays the piano. ...being a footballer is not about running, push-ups or physical work generally. The best way to be a great footballer is to play.

1 minute ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

Rossiter.....apparantly likes a tackle. 

Coming from this guy that once saw him play a reserve game, for 10 mins, before he got injured.

Would be telling him not to tackle...stiff breeze and he's out for 4 months.

Seen him play for England u19s a few times, he does seem to go in full pelt every tackle

2 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

Would be telling him not to tackle...stiff breeze and he's out for 4 months.

Seen him play for England u19s a few times, he does seem to go in full pelt every tackle

He certainly does,mate! No wonder Robbie Fowler compared him to a young Stevie Gerrard. He actually reminds me of Stuart McCall when he tackles and I don't think he would shirk a tackle no matter who he was up against.

6 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

He certainly does,mate! No wonder Robbie Fowler compared him to a young Stevie Gerrard. He actually reminds me of Stuart McCall when he tackles and I don't think he would shirk a tackle no matter who he was up against.

Definelty think we need that kinda player in the middle of the park mate, just don't think he's the right guy for it with his track record of injuries!

Hopefully he gets a decent bit of game time under his belt this season, think he's on his last chance with a big club before you see him disappear into the lower leagues

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

Definelty think we need that kinda player in the middle of the park mate, just don't think he's the right guy for it with his track record of injuries!

Hopefully he gets a decent bit of game time under his belt this season, think he's on his last chance with a big club before you see him disappear into the lower leagues

Obviously we don't know what kind of formation Pedro will use as his default system because I think he will change it depending on who we are playing, but I would not be surprised if he played a 4-2-3-1, which if that was the case he could play Jack and Rossiter there. Injuries are the big question mark over the lad but he has just turned 20 yrs old and has potentially got a massive future ahead of him if he can stay fit. Here's hoping.

33 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

Obviously we don't know what kind of formation Pedro will use as his default system because I think he will change it depending on who we are playing, but I would not be surprised if he played a 4-2-3-1, which if that was the case he could play Jack and Rossiter there. Injuries are the big question mark over the lad but he has just turned 20 yrs old and has potentially got a massive future ahead of him if he can stay fit. Here's hoping.

Would like the 4-2-3-1, especially with the players we've been signing

Still think he's going to stick with the 4-3-3 though, he used at previous clubs & has used it so far this pre season

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

Would like the 4-2-3-1, especially with the players we've been signing

Still think he's going to stick with the 4-3-3 though, he used at previous clubs & has used it so far this pre season

It's possible he will go with a 4-3-3 but now he has got these new signings he has a squad where he can change the system at any time as needs require and players who can actually come on and play in these systems instead of having subs coming on who are like square pegs in a round hole and do nothing to change the shape of a game. We will soon see if Pedro has the technical nous to change the game plan on the run when things are going wrong.

10 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

It's possible he will go with a 4-3-3 but now he has got these new signings he has a squad where he can change the system at any time as needs require and players who can actually come on and play in these systems instead of having subs coming on who are like square pegs in a round hole and do nothing to change the shape of a game. We will soon see if Pedro has the technical nous to change the game plan on the run when things are going wrong.

Aye that's true, he doesn't seem to be someone who is scared to change when things aren't working, we need that at times, especially against the smaller teams who are just parking the bus for 90 minutes against us

He's got the signings he wanted if Dave Kings interview is anything to go by, let's just hope he's a good enough manager to get the best out of them!