Pedro RTV Interview

Guest Lloyd72

Guest Lloyd72

RANGERS are now in a ‘transition phase’ according to Pedro Caixinha as they make the jump from pre-season to competitive action this week.

Having played their three closed-door friendlies at the Rangers Training Centre, the Light Blues trained this morning at Ibrox Stadium as their preparations intensify ahead of Thursday’s Europa League qualifier with Progrès Niederkorn.

For some players, it was their first taste of action of any sort in Govan, although it will be a completely different atmosphere when they run out on Thursday, with the ground now completely sold-out.

Caixinha explained where his side are in their preparations, and gave an update on how the club’s new signings are settling into life in Glasgow.

Speaking exclusively to RangersTV, he said: “Our preparations are mainly based on our own team. We are about to finish our pre-season and I always see the last week of pre-season as a transition phase in order for you to make all the rehearsals and see if everything is OK.

“Of course, we know the opponent we are facing. The data has arrived from Luxembourg, and the players will know all the information, and we will have time to speak to them regarding to what we want from the match.

“We are here at Ibrox to have a training session, one which needs to be more ‘game-like’ – and I want that to be in the same scenario we are going to play the match.

“We are going to have a lot of new players, and I want the players to see the pitch etc. before they get there. It is going to be a full house, and I want them to enjoy playing in that.

“They [the new players] are settling day by day and on a daily basis. It will take time and we are helping them and the club is helping them. Everyone is trying to give them the confidence and a very warm welcome.

“It will take a little time to adjust and to get used to the lifestyle in Glasgow.”

It has been a great week off the park for the club, with the retail deal with Sports Direct being renegotiated.

Caixinha welcomed that, and the fact as a result of the new deal, Chairman Dave King promised the Ibrox boss some more potential spending power.

He continued: “It is fantastic, and our fans were waiting for the moment to get in the store and buy everything! It is great, and again, the support they are giving back to us, and the passion they are giving us is incredible.

“We just need to pay the same back to them. It’s a relationship a massive club like we are needs to have between the fans and the team.”

The relationship between manager and board is always important at a football club, and Caixinha is delighted it is exceptionally strong at Rangers.

He added: “It is. It is strong, it’s clear and it’s frontal. We all know what we need to do in terms of the strategy of the club from top to bottom.

“It is important to keep it that way as I think it is really working. The hard work that they have done in such a small amount of time is incredible regarding to the signings and everything.

“We still have a little bit more to go. We know the strategy we need to adopt and we know we are going to go to it.

“We believe the work we are doing, and the players believe the work they are doing, and we want the fans to believe too the work the club is doing.”

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/into-the-transition-phase/

A truly .... utterly, utterly magnificent interview from our glorious manager .... his interpretation of the English language is absolutely fantastic ..... The way he rolls his tongue round his words is an elocution lesson in Iberian eloquence ..... singing out loud and proud his words of footballing wisdom .... and regaling us all with his beautiful Mediterranean accent .... which is an experience of utter, utter delight on our aural senses.

No matter what happens in the future ... Pedro will always be the one who stands above the crowd ..... like a Caesar of our times with his illustrious voice resounding round Ibrox ... akin to an awe inspiring rendition of the Billy Boys ..... by Pavarotti.

Putting all this football stuff aside for a moment ....don't you just Love the way he speaks?..... :p:

:UK: 

57 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

A truly .... utterly, utterly magnificent interview from our glorious manager .... his interpretation of the English language is absolutely fantastic ..... The way he rolls his tongue round his words is an elocution lesson in Iberian eloquence ..... singing out loud and proud his words of footballing wisdom .... and regaling us all with his beautiful Mediterranean accent .... which is an experience of utter, utter delight on our aural senses.

No matter what happens in the future ... Pedro will always be the one who stands above the crowd ..... like a Caesar of our times with his illustrious voice resounding round Ibrox ... akin to an awe inspiring rendition of the Billy Boys ..... by Pavarotti.

Putting all this football stuff aside for a moment ....don't you just Love the way he speaks?..... :p:

It's strong, it's clear, it's frontal..................:huh:

59 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

You'd let him wouldn't you Bobby....

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

You'd let him wouldn't you Bobby....

:matron:

Only with the permission of my wife and if he won us the league this season mate ..... my post is actually a sardonic reply to others who dislike the way posters show their support of the manager  ..... :lol:

Check DMH above .... :p:

1 minute ago, Bobby Hume said:

Only with the permission of my wife and if he won us the league this season mate ..... my post is actually a sardonic reply to others who dislike the way posters show their support of the manager  ..... :lol:

I got it and was ramping it up for the beanz boy 

:rangers:

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

Good interview without telling us very much we don't know already.

It's time for the talking to stop and the action to begin - hopefully with a win and a clean sheet on Thursday night in front of a full house.

Not much else you can do in an interview really, apart from talk. But I know what you mean - the expectation is that this is a lead up to a new era.

WATP 

2 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Please! Don't start the "love the way he talks" pish. I read these posts at the beginning of last season from MW - words are words.  The football and results is what it's all about. 

Yep.

Although at least he hasn't denigrated a certain John Martin Bokas Wallace before he started like MW did, with Bears still lapping up the 'love the way he talks' rubbish.

The hype is real.

Pedro really needs to get the team playing from the very first game. Been a huge rebuild. Few big players been told to go. Hopefully he has the dressing room and the players he thinks deserve to wear the Jersey.

I am optimistic, but have reservations having seen some of his team selections and tactics.

Lets hope the 11 on the pitch share his same desire.

8 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

Can you enlighten me? Where do i articulate that i dislike him? 

Check other threads/posts too

??????

:lol:

No need to bother ourselves with searching about other threads for your posts mate ...... as I generally just skim over yours anyway. 

Oh! .... and I know you weren't proclaiming dislike for or having a dig at Pedro mate .... but you were certainly having a nibble at other posters' opinions ... and how they decide to express their opinions ....... you need only check your own post above for that truth .... as that is where you were being articulate.

Glad that's settled ..... and now that I've got your attention and hopefully enlightened you ..... admit it ..... don't you just Love the way he speaks?..... :p:

14 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

Someone maybe should tell Portugal they've moved from the Atlantic to the Mediterranean....

1 minute ago, harlands plater said:

Someone maybe should tell Portugal they've moved from the Atlantic to the Mediterranean....

Yes definitely geographically HP ..... but it does belong within the larger area generally described as the Mediterranean climate cycle .... as do Madeira  and the Azores ... although situated along and in the Atlantic ocean .... and having worked with many Portuguese nationals in various locations overseas ... and come into contact with many ex-pats from the region ..... who spend their holidays there or are retired there ..... that's how they describe there wee patch of heaven .... as do the majority of the travel agencies when advertising the positives of spending time in Portugal.

In my "defence" it was just a wee wind up mate ... with a bit of poetic licence thrown in for effect .... and it was Pedro's accent ... not his country's geographical position that I was giving a sense of location too ..... no harm done mate ... just a wee bit of mischief ..... :p:

17 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

Yes definitely geographically HP ..... but it does belong within the larger area generally described as the Mediterranean climate cycle .... as do Madeira  and the Azores ... although situated along and in the Atlantic ocean .... and having worked with many Portuguese nationals in various locations overseas ... and come into contact with many ex-pats from the region ..... who spend their holidays there or are retired there ..... that's how they describe there wee patch of heaven .... as do the majority of the travel agencies when advertising the positives of spending time in Portugal.

In my "defence" it was just a wee wind up mate ... with a bit of poetic licence thrown in for effect .... and it was Pedro's accent ... not his country's geographical position that I was giving a sense of location too ..... no harm done mate ... just a wee bit of mischief ..... :p:

You'll never get away from the Pedantic Loyal, Bobby.

I see Pedro says in his 'I want bears in Russia' interview today (Tues) that he says 'He added: “It is important when you build a squad like we have that you have at least two different players for a position. On Monday, we presented the last meeting with the team, and that is about ‘goals definition........"

Wonder who he has in mind for the 2 players to compete for the RB and LB jobs alongside Tavernier and Wallace?