Club Statement

Siam69

1 minute ago, Siam69 said:

Head shaking stuff, mate :confused:

You may or may not be aware but I'm no King fan and am not overly impressed by our Board.?

But demand is low due to the boycott, supply therefore drops to reflect this. Demand flicked to incredible high and now we need to produce tops to meet this. Correctly we're looking to do it with new strips.

Any other approach would be poor if not negligent business acumen. And I'd have been the first to give the Board both barrels for it.

Its basics, but folk just blurt out shite with no common sense let alone understanding of basic economics.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Sold out last Thursday, liaison officer on twitter saying more in on Friday but not on shelves until Saturday, didn't happen, liaison officer then said delivery on Tuesday. I was in a SD shop trying to get one on Saturday was told sold out weren't getting any more, was  told in the shop about the delivery to Megastore on Saturday but told not to get my hopes up as it was a no go - as I said - shambles

So a tweet by the SLO and a comment by a SD staff member make it a shambles?

Ok.

15 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

You may or may not be aware but I'm no King fan and am not overly impressed by our Board.?

But demand is low due to the boycott, supply therefore drops to reflect this. Demand flicked to incredible high and now we need to produce tops to meet this. Correctly we're looking to do it with new strips.

Any other approach would be poor if not negligent business acumen. And I'd have been the first to give the Board both barrels for it.

Its basics, but folk just blurt out shite with no common sense let alone understanding of basic economics.

Yes, I might just have noticed and had the odd 'debate' with you about same, in past year or two :lol:

And we agree on the rest of your post :happy:

50 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yeah we should have had s big stash somewhere that wasn't selling due to a boycott, gathering dust until a contractual issue ( thattook 2 years to resolve) got sorted. That would have been a sound business model.

Considering we have been negotiating for over a year the smart businessman would have planned ahead , but thats something we dont have on that board.

3 minutes ago, Theulstervolunteer said:

Some people love a good moan on this forum calling The board a shambles for lack of stock?....... let's say for example to board ordered an extra 20000 shirts to sell before new contract was signed then we would have plenty in stock right ?..... let's say after doing so SD pulled out the deal at the last minute now we are left with another 20000 taps we canny sell then people would say the boards are a shambles not waiting for the deal to be signed ! .....canny win with some folk ffs:duh:

Absolutely spot on fella. Rangers cannot do right for doing wrong for some folk on here. Ffs everyone knew we were boycotting, why the fuck would anyone in business produce stock that's not likely to ever sell? Jesus fkn wept.  Cunts just want to criticise Dave King no matter what. Same when the deal was announced and on considerably better terms, moaning bastards spouting their shite and not believing Dave King, fkn rattler behaviour. Now the fat man who had a strangle hold on our club is gone, that's not good enough for some on here either.  Let's remember again, big hauns fkn sold us down the river, he destroyed us financially with those deals with Ashley, that bastard must've thought all his christmases had come early when that was done, fuck me people, please remember that. Now, Dave King and the board have played a blinder sorting that out (despite what you think of him).  That bastard could've sat tight and destroyed us financially for the full 7 years, fkn think about that.  We should be positive and optimistic as fuck about all of this instead of whining like the rhabids and every other cunt who are now suddenly business and retail experts to go along with their tax, accountancy and law expertise.  I'll not quote the cunts name but it's the analogy that when Logie Baird invented the TV, his response coz he's a Scottish doom and gloom monger BawBag was 'Aye but there's fuck all oan'.  Just like so many outlooks on here. Fkn hell get a grip, this is the most positive we should all be after years and years of reptile bastards destroying us from within.  

2 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Considering we have been negotiating for over a year the smart businessman would have planned ahead , but thats something we dont have on that board.

What a load of shite. 

He's got us this great deal if he had ordered so much like someone said and if sports direct pulled the plug we'd be fucked.

Seriously get a grip of yourself. 

I'm pretty sure they're better at business than you. 

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

It wouldn't have been smart to stock up prior to concluding negotiations. SD would have been fully aware we had been stocking up. This would have given them more leverage in the negotiations as they would have known we were sat on a load of stock we wanted to shift.

1 hour ago, Theulstervolunteer said:

Some people love a good moan on this forum calling The board a shambles for lack of stock?....... let's say for example the board ordered an extra 20000 shirts to sell before new contract was signed then we would have plenty in stock right ?..... let's say after doing so SD pulled out the deal at the last minute now we are left with another 20000 taps we canny sell then people would say the board are a shambles not waiting for the deal to be signed ! .....canny win with some folk ffs:duh:

Too right mate. Some people are only happy when they're moaning, if you get my drift. They're dicks, they know they're dicks and presumably they like being dicks.

54 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

So you wanted our club to spend money on effectively old style strips months and months before any retail compromise had been made? 

Would you have turned the supply tap on full throttle months back as would have been needed to meet current demand?

All based on a hope a compromise could be met?

Dinnae be daft sir.

2 hours ago, GWR1979 said:

We underestimated the demand which has been like Black Friday for fans who have been starved of buying Club Merchandise. 

Ashley needs to be cracking the whip at his sweatshops because an age 14 top is never going to fit me. 

Get an 8 yo then.

4 hours ago, FSM said:

Can't the megastore just sell the Lionbrand stuff in the meantime?

Stirs up bad memories, wasn't long ago I got my arse booted for the mere mention of the name! 

Still can't get my head round why on FF it's more accepted but names mud on here... 

It's still shite tho. 

3 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

If I buy stuff from the online megastore does the club get 100%? Or is that the part split with SD?

It's not 100% whether its the Rangers Megastore bricks and mortar or online but we get a bigger percentage when its done that way versus buying in Sports Direct.

In other words buying from the Megastore online is as good as buying in person.