Mark Walters first game v hearts

Hello Hello fellow bears,

new to forum and my username is obvious.

Mark Walters (first game v hearts) from a kick out trapped the ball with inside of his left foot and then turned, moment of magic.

Coop's was the best and my idle  , Laudrup was different class, but black magic walters played a big part in 9 in a row

looking forward to the banter to come, WATP

He use to rip the mhanky mob a new one setting up goal after goal against them and getting the occasional one himself. Did he not score a corner against that mob also at Ibrox? Think 4-1 or the 3-0 game at Ibrox?  Great player who took racism to Scotland to a whole new level and the SFA did fuck all about it the so called all inclusive best behaved fans in the world from the east, disgraceful scenes for any bear who was there on his debut with bananas all around the trackside, then away to Hearts to a lesser extent when we went there next.

Was a great player, not as skilful as Cooper and nowhere near Laudrup but would place him alongside another great winger Neil McCann, both miles better than Barry McKay and would sign in a minute now if he was in his prime. Great step over if I remember and a legend.???

44 minutes ago, scotty1976 said:

Big Mark Walters fan yet you don't remember that his debut was against the mhanks?

Or is this a stealth airbrushing of the racist shame that day?

Where does he mention his debut?

He asks if anyone remembers a particular piece of skill in Walters' first game against Hearts.

And since it was one of the finest moments of skill ever seen by a player in a Gers shirt it seems a fair question.

I'm sure someone put a Youtube link up to that game recently. It was a cracker.

I always remember Archie McPherson holding up a banana at the end of the Tynecastle game saying cut it out which was in marked contrast to him not having the guts to do the same thing after the game at breeze block boulevard ... that's the Scottish mhedia for you the more they change the more they stay the same 

Great goal against a good defence who were falling about with his twists. His cross for Hateley in league decider always sticks in my mind. His stay at Rangers was far too short but he sure terrorised the tims and was involved in many wins including 4-1 and 5-1 , up there with the very best of our wingers.

17 hours ago, tannerall said:

Here he is in a beer flow in America. Maybe he was drinking Bud.

I played in Belgium in the 90s when I lived in Brussels (hence my sign in name) and we were playing a final game of the season so mid May, and a very hot Saturday afternoon. We used to play in front of "massive" crowds of around 100 (friends and family) and most grounds had a bar attached. Team mate of mine got offered a sip of beer from a supporter as he went to take a throw in. Took a sip and handed it back just a Bud did and the Ref called him over and sent him off. 5 minutes from time in a meaningless final game of the season. Even the opposition were trying to get the ref to change his mind. Happy days.  

58 minutes ago, Brubear said:

I played in Belgium in the 90s when I lived in Brussels (hence my sign in name) and we were playing a final game of the season so mid May, and a very hot Saturday afternoon. We used to play in front of "massive" crowds of around 100 (friends and family) and most grounds had a bar attached. Team mate of mine got offered a sip of beer from a supporter as he went to take a throw in. Took a sip and handed it back just a Bud did and the Ref called him over and sent him off. 5 minutes from time in a meaningless final game of the season. Even the opposition were trying to get the ref to change his mind. Happy days.  

And there was me thinking your username was because a bloke on the touchline gave you a slug from his Irn Bru bottle during the game......