Niko Kranjcar

MARK92GERS

He clearly is head and shoulders above the rest of our squad in terms of vision, creativity and passing.

Against the majority of teams he will be a huge asset for breaking down defensively minded teams.

Was also impressed with his close control and upper body strength to spin players and create space for himself.

My only worry is playing him in a 3 man midfield against the beggars as he doesn't have the legs for 90 minutes of high pressing football.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His biggest critic but he was excellent in the first half, Jack would be my MOTM but he wouldnt be far behind.

Still dont think he'll be any use in higher tempo games but if he can keep that up he'll be an asset when teams park the bus.

It looked as if he was playing a bounce game with the 15's last night, just next level. I think we need to utilise him tho and look upon him as a luxury player. Perfect for at home against 8 or 9 of the other SPL teams, but in a midfield battle I think we need someone with more dig and legs!

8 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

His biggest critic but he was excellent in the first half, Jack would be my MOTM but he wouldnt be far behind.

Still dont think he'll be any use in higher tempo games but if he can keep that up he'll be an asset when teams park the bus.

Totally agree

I believe he is our best offensive option to create chances. I also believe similarly to many others who have stated the obvious, on here, that he will not be up to the task of 'getting in about it' this season. However, Niko has that: skill; vision; tactical know how and experience (real European experience) that we need.We should be building our team around him (if Pedro has plans for him to stay?) not just have him play in midfield to make up the numbers. 

We started to lose it a bit before he went off.  Understandable to an extent in the first proper game back but his total lack of energy even towards the end of the first half was alarming.

Obviously by far the most skilful player we have but I'm seriously hoping he can build up his fitness a bit more to be effective for at least 60/70 minutes when a game should be won and he can be replaced then.  Will have to be managed carefully if we're playing a lot of midweek games.  Having Rossiter come on made for a total snooze fest the last 30 mins, we need a better plan B than that and against most teams we won't need both Jack and Rossiter playing together.

He's fucking monstrously over rated on here. We were slow as fuck and had zero penetration last night, guess who was dictating play? Kranjcar, who plays at a legends charity game pace. 

Granted, he had that fud Waghorn in front of him and Miller shoe-horned out wide and Dalcio offered nothing - but just as i expected it looks like the majority of our supporters will need to learn the hard way again that he offers us fuck all against any half decent outfit. The most worrying part is it looks like Caixinha is in the same boat. 

6 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

He's fucking monstrously over rated on here. We were slow as fuck and had zero penetration last night, guess who was dictating play? Kranjcar, who plays at a legends charity game pace. 

Granted, he had that fud Waghorn in front of him and Miller shoe-horned out wide and Dalcio offered nothing - but just as i expected it looks like the majority of our supporters will need to learn the hard way again that he offers us fuck all against any half decent outfit. The most worrying part is it looks like Caixinha is in the same boat. 

I disagree. I think a fully fit Niko will be a very valuable asset for our squad this season.

A good half from him is better than a lousy/mediocre half from a lesser player imo.

Looked ridiculously slow.last might.

High pressure games like ones v the manky.mob, the sheep, hearts, hibs etc will pass him by. Games at tight away grounds wont suit him either.

He's luxury player for Partick, Dundee etc at home.

I'm never going to stop saying it, he's just as big a problem as the rest if not a bigger one. He'll play a diagonal ball out to a nothing area in the corner and half the people on here and at Ibrox have got their dicks out. He's nothing short of an passenger. His only value is as a 20 minute substitute against relegation fodder; any half decent side with even average players will run right over the top of him. If Pedro and our support didn't get the message last night, you'll all get it against Hibs at Ibrox at the absolute latest. 

Considering his wage, he's the player we need shifted the most. 

I did have a wee bit of a chuckle at the niko chants after about 20 minutes... Maybe let's see how he gets on in against some tougher opposition. 

I wrote the above there last Thursday but thought I'll not post it as I'll get hounded for it. I should have had more belief in myself. I hope everyone has a read over this thread and thinks next time they're declaring their next hero. I honestly couldn't believe folk were chanting his name after a couple of fancy looking passes. After about 25 minutes in that game he was grabbing his shoulder, despite nothing apparently happening in him. Then about 30 minutes in he kept testing his knee as if there was something wrong. The guys fucking DONE. 

I spent the majority of the weekend on here arguing with people in the match thread because I said he should be dropped for the return game because he was too slow. Folk were accusing me of being at it. I actually can't be bothered arguing about it anymore, it was all there to see last night.

The best technical player in the squad but he is finished as a force in football.